Upcoming Reap / Transplant changes

I just started playing very recently but it seems the nerfs coming to lich are a bit much. I didnt play aura of decay because it looked over powered and not fun but it seems like the lich nerfs are coming because aura of decay was over tuned. Having reap and transplant share a cooldown is completely gutting my necrotic build im playing. i use transplant with increased health cost to lower my health to below 50% before i activate death seal so its not my primary movement skill it enables my low life build. With the new changes im not going to be able to use my movement abilties pack to pack like every other class in the game because i need to save transplant for my damage window.

As it stands rip blood is on my bar solely because my transplant casts them for free so i never push my W after the changed tomorrow im not going to be able to push my reap abilities either. Going to have 2 dead skills on my bar.

If having 2 movement skills is a problem it seems like giving lich a movement skill in reaper form was an oversight from the beginning. I would suggest either changing Reap to a completely new ability or giving us another way to stay at low life other than the Deadlock passive to Death Seal / increased health cost to transplant.

Would love some feedback though im incredibly addicted to the game and having a blast.

You don’t need proc’d skills on your bar. If you’re using Rip Blood purely from Transplant you can safely take it off your bar, you only need the thing that procs the skill on the bar.

There are several passives and uniques that make your health decay which will keep you below the low life threshold. You can also take the Deadlock node in Death Seal to reduce your hp to low life.

Further feedback would probably be easier with a build planner.

They can’t do everything all at once (especially not “from the beginning”) and some things don’t become apparent until they make other changes such as movement skills putting other movement skills on cooldown.

1 Like

That’s all the purpose of a beta: testing and adjusting. They testing the dual movement skill ability, they’re now changing the way it works.
I love having my Liches able to both Reap and Transplant for ultra mobility, but I must admit it’s a bit too much. I think shared cooldown is a good thing, even if I don’t like it.

1 Like

Thats pretty interesting ill have to mess with some other interactions but not having passives on the extra skill i can get limits me alot with my build. Spirit plague is the only thing i can really slot in there that would give alittle benefit because im scaling necrotic damage but i dont have any increased damagee over time and not having the AOE nodes in spirit plague tree would make it feel pretty underwhelming.

Yeah i admit i picked lich because i saw that reaper form gave u a dash that gave you health when you hit people because i knew i wanted to play low life but reap doesnt heal me near as much as transplant casting rip blood. Its like 10x the healing i never cast reap for the heal anymore.

My problem is if they are going to nerf the mobility of lich why are they nerfing the cooldown reduction you can get for transplant in the same patch. Ive already been stacking transplant cooldown pre nerf and i still think i needed more from somewhere but they are going to be removing 12% cooldown if u have perfect rolled idols at the same time they are making it share cooldown with reap.

I think a better alternative would make reap and transplant have a longer base cooldown. maybe 15 - 20% more cooldown for both so you dont have a dead skill if you choose to have transplant and reaper form.

There’s always going to be a tension between (those) players who want more zoom zoom & devs that don’t.

But Reap’s lack of awesomeness has been commented on.

There are still better affixes, better idols, legendary items and whatnot to come.
→ In the end, there’s bound to be something to get your favorite build up and running. :slightly_smiling_face:

I mean yeah i have not been playing this game long enough to complain honestly im just butt hurt.

Still think increasing the cooldowns of Reap and Transplant is a better change. Changing the functionality of stuff instead of their number values is always a slippery slope. I also think Reaper form has too long of cooldown considering there is only 1 slot you can get cooldown reduction on ( helm ).

If i some how get chunked out of my reaper form i just run away for 18 seconds until reaper form is back up. Its going to be interesting to see how it will affect my survivablity only having one mobility button.

First off:

I do fully understand why they did this change and it was inevitable.

But i already suggested on multiple occasions that Reap also needs some alternative functionality (through skill nodes within Reaper Form)

I think if they would be a ndoe in Reaper Form, that makes Reap into a pure damage ability, I my posted link the suggestign was a Spin/circle Attack, but it could also be a Cone.

Think of a pimped up version of harvest with a 2-3 second cooldown with appropiate damage and maybe even more health/ward on hit.

IMO Tis would be the easiest short term solution, until Reaper Form get’s a compeltely overhaul in the future.

What bogs me the most about this change: I do not choose Reaper Form, because of Reap, but because Reaper Form is so stong.

But this essentially now gives me a dead skill slot in alot of situations.

Even with shared cooldown reap sitll has some occasions where it’s stronger, because it is faster executed (if you don’t have cast speed).

But overall Transplant is superior in almost any way.

Wouldn’t that also simply hurt any Acolyte builds which don’t use reaper form and any reaper builds that don’t use transplant (idk if these exist ?).

The shared cooldown is kinda common theme I think for eg: Smite with teleport shares cooldown with lunge.

1 Like

It deff would affect other builds by increasing the cooldown of both but thats why i think tweaking the numbers before changing the functionality is important. They are also reducing the cooldown reduction for transplant you can gain from idols in the same patch so thats affecting non reaper form builds already.

Im not sure why they are going down the road of shared cooldowns on movement skills especially ones you need to invest multiple points in like Smite. Having to invest 6 points to make smite teleport and it sharing a cooldown with lunge seems absolutely ridiculous. There are other ways you could slow characters down that seem to fast rather than chopping off one of their legs.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.