Making Mastery Classes More Impactful

Good stuff there thanks

Those additional bonuses need to be far more generic so I don’t think those would be worthwhile. If I take Primalist for example noone with a bleed or poison build based on phys dmg would be happy with it while 10% inreased resis are far to good ^^.
This could be something for a endless progressions system in the far future but right now I think it would be more benefical to get everything done that is in the game, get the performence right, implement the stuff that’s still missing and then add new stuff.
ATM LE looks like one big construction site.

One question I haven’t seen answered yet: will there still be the 25 point cut-off that prevents a player from taking higher-level passives in other classes? With this new Mastery spec, it sounds like it would now be possible to do more of a dual-class system, where you take the Mastery of one class, but can level up deep into two classes if the passives provide nice benefits. If that is the case, there were multiple instances in my building where there were several passive nodes I really wanted, but they were locked just out of reach for me to obtain without confining myself in that class.

I hope this ends up being the case - the more possibilities for passive combinations, the better.

Yes; we don’t have any plans to change this.

We are trying to present people with multiple compelling options. We think ARPGs are at their most interesting when homogenization is kept to a minimum and each person playing them is making different choices. Feel free to let us know if there are any particular passives you’d like to see moved, and we’ll be happy to consider such suggestions on a case-by-case basis.

5 Likes