Lunge Overhaul Coming in Sands of Majasa Update (0.8.3)

No.

I will also stop replying to you now. I already stated my opinions and concerns.

So here is the thing,

The problem with movement skill is, you you want to them reactionary most of the time, to get out of trouble.

As soon as you tie any buff to it, regardless how strong it is, it makes this movement skill feel bad as a movement skill. IMO

I donā€™t think EHG is obliterating thing without a second thought.

At the end of the day I personally donā€™t like Lunge how it is currently and I am very happy they give it a full overhaul.

We have to wait and see how this turns out.

But overall these changes are for the better in terms of build variety, regardless of if you like or dislike the current buffs.

Every new or overhauled skill tree released in the last few patches was just beyond any of the older skill tree in terms of interesting options and variety.

Well exactly, in your opinion. These things youā€™ve mentioned are just things that you consider that should be true. I for one think having movement skills for movement only is not great. Skill donā€™t need to be so one dimensional, this is why the devs I guess gave Lunge a bunch of support stuff, the problem is, we already had that. We had invulnerability on Lunge, the option to have two charges, heal and stun on hit etc. Those were not things that were missing. They might have been underwhelming but thatā€™s not to say there was nothing there, hence my suggestion to fine tune things that were either too strong or too weak.

This however does not mean that everything was good with Lunge. Like previously stated the devs could have easily added everything they wanted by replacing the nodes that ( letā€™s be frank here ) no one used on the left side. I cannot fathom the need to remove nodes that gave Lunge a flair. If we have to choose between SR and Lunge, the vast majority will pick Lunge, but that is not because of some crit nodes, itā€™s because Lunge is a smoother to use skill ( compared to SR ), itā€™s fast and responsive. So what do you do in this situation? You either remove the things that made Lunge good and throw in a bunch of things that are situational at best OR you make SR good. And the changes, Iā€™m sorry but they donā€™t even make sense. They wanted to remove temporary buffs so they removed temporary buffs but they added at least one, that we know of, temporary buff that gives haste for a short period. What?!

Anyway Iā€™m rambling now, suffice to say that I honest to God do not understand these changes and on which bases these changes were made. The point made against me was that I jumped the shark without knowing the full picture. Well the full picture was given to me when it was said that:

What else do you need to see in order to understand my point about them removing temporary buffs.

Thanks for the discussion @Heavy

@Llama8 @Heavy

Iā€™m going to end this. We did remove everything that made lunge good. We also removed everything that made lunge nothing because it was useless. We removed everything. We started over.

Itā€™s way better now because it has a lot of new good things.

Letā€™s not get hung up on who is right here people.

12 Likes

If, as was said in the OP, EHG didnā€™t like that non-melee Sentinels were taking advantage of the crit buff from Lunge, why didnā€™t you convert the buff to increased melee crit chance?

It was easy to recognize why Lunge, a mobility skill, which provides buffs to enhance performance of other skills became a flagship icon in most Sentinel builds.

As a new player, I quickly discovered Lungeā€™s good supportive nodes and how most were accessible within the 20 point cap. While it was a dopamine rush in my first play through, it feels rather static now (no pun intended).

I sympathize with the poster who is sad to see it change, but like the others expressed, we have to reserve judgement until after seeing and using the full tree.

Expect those buff nodes to change, disappear entirely or be repositioned, but anticipate some new ways to use Lunge as a damage dealer.

There could be very specific build synergies that will make it more interesting through itemization or passives ā€” earned long after realizing Lunge is your go-to mobility skill.

OMGā€¦ Im using it the wrong way all the time! I always use movement skills to get me faster into troubleā€¦ Another proof that my Nickname is just fitting well :smiley:

1 Like

Why are u so rude in your comenta i dont understan, everyone is writing their commwnts in decent manner and they didnt offend u in any way

1 Like

but are you fixing the shield rush mana cost to make it actually usable? Sentinels run lunge because shield rush isnā€™t an option.

That tends to happen when someone shoves their finger into the back of their mouth to produce a negative, aggressive opinion on a topic they have only seen a fraction of the full picture for. This is not ā€œa dAnGeRoUs eChO cHaMbErā€, itā€™s just people reacting appropriately to generic toxic gamerisms.

Perhaps if you donā€™t like being ā€œattackedā€ for your opinions, you should be more judicious in how much you choose to inform yourself about something before expressing one.

1 Like

Yeah. Although there is a way to build for good mana sustain, it removes the ability to travel and melts your brain after a whileā€¦ :drooling_face::woozy_face:

I think maybe it could be taken as some of the temporary buffs it had were too powerful and that is what made it feel like the skill was required to use every few seconds. Not that it would be moving away from temporary buffs altogether, but maybe that it needed to tone down the want to have those buffs on constantly.

I would rather the skill go towards temporary debuffs on the target hit with lunge.

I think if you build Shield Rush with 120% efficiency and sprinkle in a few 0-cost mana generators while itā€™s on CD, plus gear some Mana Regen, it is pretty sustainable. Just not as your main DPS skill, which while cool in concept, I donā€™t think EHG wants any movement skill to be a main DPS skill (even though, as you said, there is one Shield Rush build that can be.)

I mean, I REALLY want to make a Fury Leap build where Fury Leap is my main attack/DPS.

Srsly EHGā€¦ please? :slight_smile:

Every 3 seconds, your next melee attack deals increased damage. It would be great if there were nodes that did not consume such passives. :heart_eyes_cat:

And itā€™s ā€œbuggedā€ where the mana return node is very inconsistent.

Aw, yeah. This was one of my first bug reports here back in the days. I thought EHG decided for it to be a feature to better fit the chaotic theme of void magic - like Volatile reversal.

:rofl::rofl:

Since it looks like there isnā€™t enough opinions in here, Iā€™ll add one more :rofl:

I like that Lunge is getting reworked. If there is one thing EHG has shown me so far with this game, itā€™s that when they take something away, they add something else in the game to help/mitigate whatever it was that was taken away. At least that is my ā€œhopeā€ lol. Example:

When they made changes a patch or 2 ago to Holy Aura to reduce the amount of elem. resist the skill gives, they changed a node in the skill tree to give MORE elem. resist to compensate for players who needed that resist that was taken away.

I think all judgements BUFF IT NOW!!!..sorry had a sneeze there or something at this point are WAY TOO premature and we should have faith in EHG to deliver one **#$%$# awesome gameā€¦eventually. I am eager to see the changes in this upcoming patch and those soon to come.

This happen everytime in all ARPGā€¦
When a movement skill ability is good and the rest are trash, the devs make the good ability bad to compensate.
The crit buff was strong ngl but this isnt the only reason to play Lunge. The low cdr and the invulnerability make the skill great to play.
Shield charge feels so bad and Smite is better as a buff/offensive skill than a long cdr movement skill.
Too bad that the devs go for the simple way as limiting movement options to player instead of buffing bad skillsā€¦
BAD AND EASY CHANGESā€¦

I think there is a difference between the following two things:

1. all movement skills are bad, 1 is decent, so you nerf the decent one to be bad also
  2. all movement skills are decent, and 1 is !@#$%^&* OP, so you nerf the OP one to be good but not OP.

Just because a skill was lowered in perceived power, it doesnā€™t mean it qualifies for 1). In this case, it seems to more aptly fit into option 2).

In this case Lunge was OP (because of the crit nodes) and the rest was bad.
Lunge is becoming bad as the rest.
It is a mix of the two pointā€¦ if you maintain the low cdr and the invul the skill is gonna be great not OP, but they nerf everything bc of the crit nodes.
And of course spell caster and trowing gonna use Lunge if they is milles better than Mana Charge or CDR Smite