Loot Filters in Last Epoch

Which was their decision not ours. Also they are main parts of game content, not quality of life stuff that could be left for later.

1 Like

Great job

Looks very nice

6 Likes

pogchamp! This is amazing

Thank goodness!!!

This looks and sounds FANTASTIC. I sincerely hope the masses are patient with this because this is going to introduce a lot of “OMG, I’m not getting any legendary drops, wHYYYYY!!!” Let’s remember it’s a beta, it will need fine-tuning, it will also need learning and understanding how to implement it in the best ways possible.

So was the MoF rework. They have stated already that they aren’t going to be doing them in exactly the listed order.

You also want things that are in phase 3 when phase 2 still has a lot missing.

Everyone has the things they want to see. No individual’s opinion is worth more than another. I think the loot filter was a small thing that was very high in demand among the vast majority of players.

Loot filters are an in game system in aRPG’s just as much as trading and multiplayer now. Multiplayer in aRPGs adds nothing substantive to the game. It just lets you play the same content with another player on the screen. (Although I really hope LE goes a different route with multiplayer. I hope they take some design from MMO’s in that regard.)

1 Like

Loot filter was needed earlier than planned more than anything else. If blue items are useless, then I can filter using my eyes (yellow, purple, orange only). But blues do have value based on their affixes. In a loot based game it’s a rotten feeling to know you’re possibly missing something important. But scanning through each item is a rotten experience. Take it from someone really wanting the rogue class, I’m ok with that being delayed if it meant loot filters came asap. Thank you EHG for getting this done.

5 Likes

That sounds fantastic. Thank you!

The way you’ve quoted feels like you are trying to take what I posted out if context to make me sound bad.

I certainly do not think my opinion is more important than anybody else’s so please don’t try to imply that. I’m just going along for the ride and enjoying the game developing. Everyone has the loot filter soon so I’ll leave it at that.

Can’t wait!!

I wouldn’t say that “building a community” (as much as I dislike fluffy HR terms) is nothing. It’s not content, but being able to play with others is a big thing in making a community last longer.

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: The Prevalence of Group Play and Trade in Path of Exile

This look great

I don’t know. Maybe it’s the Language Barrier and i understand something wrong, maybe i intepret to much into your words or maybe we simply have a different Opinion, but in General i’ve to say i kinda don’t like that kind of Mentality.

IMHO there are Games which works out like the example you made, especially if there is a professional company behind it and if it’s focused on hitting the mainstream-market, in general however i dislike the Idea of Videos of Developers are forced to tinker and cater around their “potential” community. Look at many of the “best” Games made in History and you will find there were never any kinda feedback involved, no kind of what the “community” wished, but PURE Vision on the Devs for a Game, they wanted to create and something which they wanted to play. That’s how new kind of Genre’s and type of Games begin to exist, because some People have an idea and shape it, and not going by there community (too much). Because especially nowdays you deal mostly with a mainstream audience which excepts Gaming-Standarts to be introduced. Not much room anymore for creativity and being unique.

That doesn’t mean that as a Consumer you aren’t allowed to have a certain level of entitletment and you shouldn’t give any kind of Suggestions and Feedback. Quite the opposite, especially for an Early Access Game, when Devs throw out Promises which they might not keep. Let’s say as pure example EHG decides to scrap the Offline-Mode, than you would see me here leaving a (hars) Critique and also give a negative Review on Steam. (This isn’t your typical “Subject to Change” because something didn’t work out as they planned and Developing a Videogame is partly also a work of iteration where you try over and over to develope specific parts and see how it work out, and change it than, atleast on that regard i would understand it) For me it was one of the major reason why i bought into Early Access for 30€ due my trust in them delievering a Offline Singleplayer and a Online-Multiplayer, and if the scrap one of that stuff i would feel betrayed and ripped off.

And i also find one of the biggest strenght for Early Access is that certain Games (and Genre’s) where it fits, that player-suggestions and feedback is one of their strongest tools. That’s why i would never “argue” everybody should stop making Suggestion. And i’m happy when (good) suggestions make it into the game, arguable might be even the reason why this Game have already become so much better than the first iteration of Pre-Alpha and stuff (like the overhauled Talenttree). What bothers me is if people get into this kind of topic with the mentality of “i payed money for the game, so they’re basically my slave and if they don’t cater the game around my needs and suggestion, they are bad people and should be punished for that…” etc. Then again maybe your keypoint, especially for a Early Access Game is, that Devs should atleast have open ears for hearing/reading and possible considering said Feedback, than i’m “more” (but still not completly) with you.

1 Like

I agree with Llama - take feedback into account, but stay true to your vision. Apply feedback on how you can achieve your vision. Sometimes take feedback on the vision itself and see if it’s really not hitting it (this is what I’m assuming TheLightningYu disagrees with).

Looks like the million man march worked.

1 Like

It probably is the language barrier (which is fair enough, my linguistic skills are, limited, shall we say so I will always be a bit envious of someone who can come onto a forum & debate about something in a foreign language).

It’s not about entitlement, yes, game dev vision probably has made some of the best games in the world, but I’d argue it’s also probably made some of the worst as well. As I said in my post, there’s a time to stick to your vision & there’s time to realise that your vision isn’t what anyone else wants, or that someone else’s vision is better.

Devs are people, they are not omniscient or omnificent, they make “mistakes” which is what we are here for, even if they think their mistakes aren’t mistakes.

If one is worried about early access promises not coming to fruition, then you shouldn’t buy it, EA is a gamble, things can change for many reasons, not all of which are nefarious.

A pointless point follows.

I don’t see a survey. I don’t see a news update on steam about taking a survey. If they wanted to know what their customers want, this is what they would do. They rightly don’t do that. Not all opinions have equal weight. So they want to know want some of their customers have to say. (probably not that dude who had the wife that was mortified at the sexism in the story of an indie arpg - lol)

They are probably keen on well articulated feedback, from experienced players. But make no mistake, making this game is for them before it is for us. And in a sane world it would be no other way. The correct loot filter of life.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.