Logged in on another PC and lost all gold and stash items

Hello,

I have recently logged in on a different PC and I didn’t have all my characters after logging in. I now tried using my initial PC, my characters are still there, but I have lost all gold and stash items that I had before.

Note that I am using Steam for both cases, Cloud enabled. Something must have overwritten my gold and stash items save or something like that.

Any hints on what I can do?

Thanks!

Hey there, Welcome to the forums…

Steam Cloud should have automatically copied the savegames & global stash files… That is its intended purpose…

However, from my own experience in LE (and other steam games), Steam Cloud saves doesnt always work… Especially if the game didnt shutdown properly or there was a problem while Steam was trying to update - delay uploading the saves, bad internet, Steam shutdown while busy ignored… Sometimes Steam even messes up what it consideres the primary steam installation - i.e. it messes up the sync direction and ends up removing files / restoring old versions to the wrong machine…

Due to endless crap with Steam Cloud and the fact that you lose progress if something goes wrong, I do not use it and do not recommend it to anyone… I manually backup my savegames (for all games) and if I need to use them on another machine, I just take a USB stick along…

I am not sure if there is any way to restore your missing stash items…

On windows all savegames etc should be in the following folder:
BootDrive:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games

You can also try and find what data Steam Cloud has for your account by viewing this after loggin in on your browser:

There is quite a comprehensive Steam Cloud FAQ, but the TLDR is that there is not much that can be done if something goes wrong…

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I have already tried a bunch of things to recover things up, however, when I logged in on my initial PC, the same without stash items and gold was transferred to Steam Cloud also, so now I have the same files on the cloud also.

After looking up things on this forum and on steam cloud FAQ, I think it’s quite impossible to get my things back. All my characters are still there, but without any money or stash items (similar to how it was on my secondary PC). I guess it was my mistake for creating a character there and booting the game … (I saw this as a workaround on one of the bugs mentioned here on the forum … guess this workaround ruined my Steam save).

Regards.

This just happened to me too. I tried logging on my mac laptop, discovered none of my characters were there, and quit. Went back to pc and played for a bit, and then realized my entire stash was gone. :frowning: This sucks.

Sorry that this has also happened to you…

I cannot offer any other suggestions beyond what I have already mentioned in this post…

@KissingAiur - is there any way that you guys can formally test and see if something has happened with Steam Cloud saves across multiple devices / multiple OS version since the most recent patch? I personally do not hold much faith in Steam Cloud and never use it but there are a few people that seem to be having hassles so maybe it needs checking?

@KissingAiur I can already confirm that Cloud saves on Mac dont work. Meaning I cant play from my Mac if my main save is on Windows.

Hey there… Just noticed your update…

This Mac issue is likely due to LE no longer supporting Mac specifically… Your OP is PC to PC so that should be working as should Linux Steam versions.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.