Llama's Smite-y-est non-casting Void Knight

This build started off with a conversation on Discord about how the mana on smite prefix didn’t require you to actually use Smite. That got me thinking about how I could use that to get a load of mana to use something expensive. It didn’t quite pan out that way, but it’s still awesome.

How it works

Max your Throwing Attack speed, get 4 Smite on Throwing attack hit idols, Lunge into a pack, throw some Hammers #### dies, you get mana.

I was intending to use this mana to pay for Erasing Strike, but there’s not really much need, everything dies under the torrent of Hammers.

TLDR

https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/mQk2WrA7

Skills

Hammer Throw
The main skill of the build, you want as many hammers as possible that hit as hard as possible.
While levelling I went up for Iron Spiral, then Catapult (more hammers), a few points in Ballista (cheaper). Avatar of the Spire is entirely optional as is Weighted Hammers/Rapid Throw but I’d certainly go for Battle Rouse since that’s up to 50% chance for 20 life on hit.

Smite
A fairly standard Smite set up, across to Righteous Flurry then to Unbalanced Scale & Sacrifice/Atonement/Conviction.

Lunge
Nothing surprising here, Initiative/Avenger’s Charge & Unstoppable, the rest is your choice.

Anomaly
This is what I usually use but with some additional crit from Decimation. Perma Time Bubble buff (20% attack speed, 20% CDR, 1% leech doubled for void & 150% increased leech).

Whatever else you want
While I initially went with Erasing Strike, I’m thinking of swapping over to Sigils of Hope for more void damage & an “Oh ####” button in the form of the Faith node. Rebuke is another alternative.

Passives

Sentinel
Since I want as much attack speed as possible, Blademaster is a no-brainer though it’s right at the top but there’s a lot of good things to get us that high:

• Juggernaut for Strength & some resists to make gearing easier
  • Fearless for hp
  • Armour Clad for damage reduction
  • Relentless for a bit of damage
  • Gladiator 'cause you want to use a sword and axe for maximum attack speed from Blademaster

Paladin
If you don’t want Sigils of Hope then you only want to take Defiance for the resists. If you do want Sigils of Hope then there’s several options to get up there:

• Valor / Flash of Brilliance for hp
  • Conviction for phys damage & penetration (Hammers will be mostly phys)

Void Knight
Lots of awesome nodes here:

• Temporal Corruption, more flat damage
  • Abyssal Endurance, hp & 2 resists (easier gearing)
  • Void Bolts, more flat damage
  • World Eater, void leech
  • Void Corruption, 1 point for lots of crit multi & I’ve got over 50% crit chance
  • Future Strikes, stupid numbers of hits = stupid numbers of Future Strikes = lots of damage & leech
  • Echoing Strikes/Time Legion/Avatar of Regret, MOAR ECHOES MOAR HAMMERS MOAR SMITES! FOR THE EMPEROR! Sorry, wrong franchise.
  • Void Aegis, 25% chance for a small amount of DR
Gear

The gear depends on whether you want to use Erasing Strikes (add as much flat melee damage as possible) or Sigils of Hope (go for void spell damage instead).

Sigils of Hope version:
https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/rBrm5yQp

If you don’t want to go with Sigils of Hope, then swap out the +Sigils for something more useful such as crit chance/phys/void/throwing damage.

Edit: And did I mention that you can have up to ~948% chance to shred armour on hit (well, 392% with up to 142% increased shred effect which would be equivalent to almost 10 stacks of armour shred per hit)?

7 Likes

Throwing attack speed benefits from Blademaster in the passive tree? I assumed that was just melee or cast but it affects throwing as well…hmmm?

Nope, it’s all attacks, melee & throwing (& bow if the Sentinel had any).

What about using shield throw to proc its 100% throwing damage…been running this to level but have a feeling I will want more defense later for the 5th skill?

Is this a build I can start right away or do I need to make something else and respec ? Just leery of builds these days. Interested in trying it though.

You can run this right away, see the note about shield throw for more damage; but you may want more defense later.

Shield Throw is good for packs but it really sucks for bosses. For the 5th skill, if you take Sigils of Hope then the Faith node will heal you for 200 hp whenever you take 25% or more of your hp in a single hit which is nice. Alternatively, you could go with Rebuke which can be spec’d for ~4s of 75% damage reduction then up to 8s of buffs (% armour, 25% move/attack speed, etc).

Or if you put 5 points into the Forge Guard tree (I’d suggest Battle Hardened for the % armour if you’ve been hit recently) you can take Ring of Shields & they’ll taunt for you and block ranged attacks (which are the bane of any melee/short ranged build) though because you’re not putting much into minion affixes they won’t be as tanky as if you were a Forge Guard. But you can get a heal every 3s then % armour on heal for 4s.

I’ve not used any uniques, just crafted gear. The +levels & Sentinel specific affixes will be harder to come by since they’re rarer. I did level up with Hammer Throw, but I also did have loads of affixes/etc which makes life easier.

So far so good just started so I am still at low level but it is do able so I am looking forward to playing this to end, Just wish it would kill Voidwing Nests at this point, have to use smite to kill those.

I did remember one thing, the only necessary item is the idol that procs smite on throwing hit.

I had the same problem, just try different distances from the target and you’ll find the sweet spot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.