Lizards Bow Mage | Build Guide | 0.8.4G

Video

This Build Tier Rating is:

Summary

• This build is played as a Marksman. Run around channeling flurry which procs multishot so you get tons of hits in and each hit has a chance to proc icicles that can clear maps for you with ease. A nice Spell based Bow character :slight_smile:

Main Interactions

• Using Mourning frost and reign of winter bow uniques together to do huge damage with icicles by stacking lots of DEX and having fast bow attach speed.

How to Play this build

• To play this build all you need to do is shift around to proc your shurikens for haste and armor and then just channel flurry in the direction of enemies and as you hit them watch the barrage of icicles just annihilate everything for 2 screens.

Rating

Rating

• Defense - 8.5/10
  • Offense - 9/10
  • Empowered Bosses - 9/10
  • Speed Running Echoes - 8.5/10
  • Arena - 8.5/10
  • Average - 8.7 (S Tier)

This Build Tier Rating is:

10/10 --->--->--->---> 5/10 >--->--->--->---> 1/10

Dammitt's Build Planner / Loot Filter

Lizards Bow Mage Budget

Lizards Bow Mage Budget! Gear/Idols/Blessings

Lizards Bow Mage Luxury!

Lizards Bow Mage Luxury! Gear/Idols/Blessings

Lizards Bow Mage! Lootfilter Link:

Lizards Bow Mage! Lootfilter Pastebin Link

All Uniques/Set/Exalted items Will SHOW

WARNING: Unused Base Types and Non ROGUE Class Items ARE HIDDEN

TEAL/BLUE - 1+ Tier 5+ Class Specific Affix For Any Class (This is unselected by default, if you would like this to be active make sure to check the box!)

Light Blue - Early Game Items (1 affix Tier 1+) (Uncheck these boxes around level 25)

Green - Mid Game Items (1 affix Tier 3+) (Uncheck these boxes around level 40)

Yellow - Starting Endgame Items (1 affix Tier 5+) (Uncheck around level 60 or when you have multiple affixes wanted on each piece of gear)

Orange - Mid Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 8+ Total Tiers) (This is separated by base type so you can make them more specific if you want a very specific base implicit)

Red - Late Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 12+ Total Tiers) (This is separated by base type so you can make them more specific if you want a very specific base implicit)

Light Green - Idols

Most Important Stats

Defense For You (Most important to Least important

• Health / Vitality
  • Capped Resistances
  • Critical Strike Avoidance / Endurance
  • Spell Damage / Bow Damage leeched as health

Offense (Most Important to Least important)

• DEX (Flat damage for Icicles )
  • Spell Damage / Cold Damage
  • Crit Multiplier
  • Bow Attack Speed

How to Level

Hereā€™s a 1 to 75 leveling guide for Marksman For Bow Mage:

Gear -> Unique's

This build could also use, but not limited to :eyes:

• Arrowguard ( Quiver )
  • Reign of Winter ( Bow )
  • Ravenous Void ( Gloves )
  • MourningFrost ( Boots )

Passive Screen Shots

Rogue

Bladedancer

Marksman

Skill Screen Shots

Shurikens

Smoke bomb

Shift

Flurry

Multishot

Social Platform Links

Twitch

Follow me on twitch and watch me live almost every day as we put together builds and test them!

Youtube

Hereā€™s Everything Iā€™ve ever done in Last Epoch

Discord

Join my Discord and use the !Search function in the Search bot channel to find any build it is your looking for by name/creator/tier rating/class/master/skill/patch and more!

Looking For a different build? Hereā€™s a Compendium with Tons!

150+ Builds / Guides / Leveling Guides in one place! Click Here

Want to search by specific skills / uniques / class / mastery? Check out Dammittā€™s Build Compendium

Dammitts Build Compendium

Have a good day Travelers!

1 Like

Thanks for the update to an old favouriteā€¦

Quick oneā€¦ why does it say a S tier at the top, but A tier in the rating subsection?

Just an editing mistake. Its fixed now. Thanks for the heads up.

Would cold penetration be better than 7-14% increased cold damage on the amulet?

I wonder if the new bow, Dragonsong, would make a good fire version of this. I assume itā€™s weaker since the level requirement is lower but who knows. I believe in you Boardman.

edit: completely off topic but I feel like my username has become even cooler. EggBagelā€¦yea, it has a certain ring to it.

Would probably work in this setup too and Dragonfire the proc has a much higher base and added dmg effectiveness compared to icicles. Though it would probably work much better with cinder strike because of the buffs to fire skills and bcos Dragonsongā€™s proc is on crit (not on bow attack like icicles) so can proc off burning daggers and volatile flasks.

1 Like

Dang, I didnā€™t even notice this part, I doubt crit vulnerability would kick in often during a quick spam to clear mobs. It probably would work better the way you described but flurry/multi is so satisfying, Iā€™ve made so many like this.

@Amarathy posted this on the discordā€¦

1 Like

Thank you! I really wanted to see it in action, I was hoping it would have a longer range or be a fire projectile, itā€™s interesting but I think Iā€™ll skip it for now since Iā€™ve seen it.

yipā€¦ Range does seem a little too close for a ranged characterā€¦ Still probably needs some theorycrafting and work to see if its possible to have a really good firebowmageā€¦

1 Like

Yea, it does, was hoping ā€œdragon fireā€ was a projectile not ā€œdragon breathā€ which I feel is a more fitting name. Still, glad you showed me because I was planning on making a whole new character before even seeing it in action because I love my rogues that much.

1 Like

Proccing on crit for a Rogue is a non-issue after a second or two.

1 Like

Yea, but thatā€™s a second I could be using to do nothing.

Youā€™re right it probably wouldnā€™t be an issue but I was really hoping for a fire version of this, I wanted to watch mobs burn.

From experience, itā€™s not really an issue. Sometimes you get a string of procs close together & itā€™s awesome, sometimes you donā€™t (due to the ~34% chance to proc on crit) and youā€™ll feel sad.

1 Like

Flurry/Multishot seems to be consuing MUCH mroe mana since the patch, or maybe returning less mana. Am I the only one noticing this? I didnā€™t see anything mentioned in patch notes, but Iā€™m actually running out of mana on bosses, which wasnā€™t an issue before.

Yea, I was just hoping for something that goes offscreen or to the edge at least. Marksman may be my favorite because I enjoy seeing the widescreen devastation. If you make a projectile go the distance and add in some special effects, my heart is won over.

Yeah, I did ask about that, but the proc is balanced around it not covering the screen nor auto-targeting the mobs.

1 Like

Flurry is returning less due to the lower attack speed. The devs are aware of it & going to fix it (presumably by either reducing the cost for the Multishot proc or increasing the amount of mana you get back).

It gives 4-7% base crit to all fire skills too and you get some crit chance travelling for marksman so wonā€™t have to worry about that for cinderstrike atleast.

Does anyone have any other recommendations on how to level Marksman? Iā€™ve tried the flurry/multishot method and it just feels so bad. The mana sustain is awful even when Iā€™m doing my best to aim it, I just donā€™t find it fun.