LizardIRL 800+ Arena Wave Shield Throw Build

Video

This build was made by @LizardIRL make sure to check out his Youtube and twitch stream here:

Lizards Youtube Channel
Lizards Twitch Channel

This Build Tier Rating is:

10/10 --->--->--->---> 5/10 >--->--->--->---> 1/10

Build Overview Summary/Rating/Interactions

Summary

• This build is played as a Paladin! Run around like captain America and throw a might shield. The shield can ricochet to many enemies and hits for tons of damage. You get added armor for every ricochet and become almost invincible in the endgame! This build was put together by LizardIRL and took quite some time but he was able to push it just over 800 waves in the arena!

Main Interactions

• As much added throwing fire damage as you can get from all skills, gear, and idols
  • Stacking up to 85% armor and staying ranged and safe!

Rating

• Defense - 10/10
  • Offense - 9/10
  • Empowered Bosses - 9/10
  • Speed Running Echoes - 8/10
  • Arena - 9.5/10
  • Average - 9.1 (S Tier)

Lootfilter Attached Click Here (NEW)

Please let Me know if you find anything messed up

GREEN - Early Game Items (1 affix Tier 1+)

BLUE - Mid Game Items (1 affix Tier 3+)

RED - Starting Endgame Items (1 affix Tier 5+)

YELLOW - Mid Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 8+ Total Tiers)

ORANGE - Late Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 12+ Total Tiers)

DARK GREEN - IDOLS

TEAL/BLUE - 1+ Tier 5+ Class Specific Affix For Any Class

PINK - Exalted/Set/Unique Items

WARNING: Unused Base Types and Non SENTINEL Class Items ARE HIDDEN

Pastebin Link

Shield Throw Paladin Lootfilter Pastebin Link

Text File Download

Shield Throw Hitter 0.8.2I.xml (111.9 KB)

Dammitt's Builder For 0.8.2I

Shield Throw Paladin

Shield Throw Paladin Gear/Idols/Blessings

Most Important Stats

Defense For You (Most important to Least important

• Health/Capped Resistances
  • Critical Strike Avoidance/Endurance
  • Mandatory Throwing damage Leech blessing from Rahyeh

Offense (Most Important to Least important)

• Added Throwing Fire Damage/ Increased Fire Damage
  • Critical Strike Change/ Throwing Critical Strike chance
  • Strength

Rating System Breakdown

Build Rating System Breakdown Post

Passive Screen Shots
Sentinel
Paladin
Void Knight
Forge Guard

Skill Screen Shots
Holy Aura
Volatile Reversal
Lunge
Sigils of Hope
Shield Throw

Social Platform Links

Twitch

Follow me on twitch and watch me live every Saturday night as we put together builds and test them!

Youtube

Hereā€™s Everything Iā€™ve ever done in Last Epoch

Discord

Join my Discord and use the !Search function in the Search bot channel to find any build it is your looking for by name/creator/tier rating/class/master/skill/patch and more!

Updates
  • Initially posted August 31st 2021. Viable for 0.8.2I

Looking For a different build? Hereā€™s a Compendium with Tons!

150+ Builds and Guides in one place! Click Here

Have a good day Travelers!

4 Likes

First of all, thank for having taking the time to make this build.

Do you think a update will be made at some point to cover the change of the 8.3 version ?

Oh, looks nice!
Is there an update needed or is the build fine as it is?

I want to start a Paladin today :wink:

1 Like

same would love it, especially if there is change with 8.3 about blcok change with shield trow or not and other pertinent things?

@Xellotath @FloppyDisk84 @Volcko

Chipping inā€¦

This is my go-to grinding build for empowered monos in 0.8.3 - virtually unchanged from the originalā€¦ The main difference I have from the original Lizardirl build is that I dont use Volatile Reversal - not because there is a better solution, I just dont like the skill as a concept and it requires a more skilled player than I to use properlyā€¦ I simply swapped it out for Smite to spec it for the auto procsā€¦ I dont have the 3k health (or BiS gear) either but at 2k health , armour in the 80% and block in the 60% @ lvl 100 and maxed res/CA you still feel seriously tanky to all but the biggest hitsā€¦ Mobs are no challenge at all and bosses might take a little longer unless you can ricochet of some other mobs/minionsā€¦

Based on playing this for MANY levels, I expect that once I can get my health to 3k, this build would definitely be indestructable for all but the biggest/highest/most boosted bossesā€¦ with what I have, I am easily doing 150 corruptions while watching netflixā€¦

Oh yesā€¦ farm the leech on throwing blessing as close to 5% as possibleā€¦ probably the most noticeable improvement to your survivability when you get it.

The only time I ever feel threatened playing this build is from DoT stacksā€¦ so you just have to be aware of them and where you are standing at all timesā€¦

am keen to see how well Bastion of Honour - Unique Kite Shield - Shield - Last Epoch Item Database works with this build when it drops for meā€¦ obviously lose some block from long range hits, but the 100% block might favour a jump into the middle fo the mob playstyleā€¦

psā€¦ I dont play arena so my preferences are not for that game modeā€¦

thanks a lot for your feedback I will try it this evening for sure! also for your dot issue you can spec holy aura to auto clean when cast, really helpfull when you begin to be full of dot :slight_smile:

Yipā€¦ I do that but some of the mobs can stack DoT on you at a serious pace and the cooldown on HAura can leave you in the pooh so ultimately its still something to watch forā€¦

Could maybe replace volatile reversal with javalin battle standard, has some nice buff options.

Yeah that armor boost is crazy

Sureā€¦ I tried Javelin and the battle standard (and dash) is very goodā€¦ but you have to be careful about diminishing returns on the increases to armour once you get to the higher levelsā€¦

I am already at 82% armour fully buffed @ lvl 100 and to get a few more % is just not worth the investment in my opinonā€¦

see Armor for more detailā€¦

I think that my build would benefit more overall if I bumped up my block & block effectiveness - its only on 60% chance with 50% mitigation so there are some easy gains to be had thereā€¦

Can you show me how you specced your smite skill?
I donā€™t like volatile reversal either :wink:

Hey thereā€¦

I didnt do anything specialā€¦ The main thing is to go get Righteous Flurry maxed out for the attach & cast speed boost. Rest is entirely optionalā€¦

• I realised that the Smites were proccing sometimes far away from me so the healing didnt seem like it was worth anything - no point in casting healing a screen away from me.
  • I used Desperate Measures for a while to prevent Smite using up the mana but eventually found I didnt need to at higher levels and not autocasting Holy Aura (just use it when I need it)
  • Sacrifice node branch didnt seem to make much difference to damage
  • I was using Blinding Flash, but then I got blind on hit gear so no longer needed it.
  • I ended up putting the remaining points into the Holy Fire branch with Conflagrationā€¦ seems to be the most bang for the buck and if smite procs more than once, it can clear mobs all by itselfā€¦

That surprises me since itā€™s up to 250% more damage at 5 points. Even just 2 points in it would double the damageā€¦

I agreeā€¦ To be honest, I thought it would be worth it and it was my first idea with smite but it just didnt seem to be making as much difference as I expectedā€¦ I tried it out for a while and then specā€™d to the fire nodes and didnt see much of a difference - or at least enough to make me keep itā€¦

I found that ignite stacking seem to make more of a difference - especially with the shield throw attack speed boostedā€¦

Yeah, but if you put 5 points in it, itā€™s always going to be 3.5x more damage (not hit damage, generic damage that would be inherited by ailments) which I would have expected to be a significant increase for single target. Shield Throw would probably get better clear if the mobs are tightly packed so that it can proc itā€™s AoE all over them to an obscene degree (also, Shield Throw doesnā€™t just ricochet off the first mob it hits, itā€™ll pass through mobs on the way to whatever target itā€™s picked to ricochet off hitting them & proccing the AoE many, many, times if youā€™re lucky).

Its not hard to test it outā€¦ maybe one or two mono runs to respecā€¦ Iā€™ll try it again when I play later and seeā€¦

1 Like

Even just the dummy would do to test the single target.

Okā€¦ Respecā€™d to Sacrificeā€¦ with 4 points in it (200% increase) and 2 points in the next node ot reduce the health lossā€¦

Got better gear than when i tested it last time so its not entirely an apples for apples comparison but lets see.

Initial impressions @ 160 corruption level 100 empowered monos - no real difference to mob group clearing as my Shield Throw is hitting pretty hard at 22k tooltip, but there is fairly noticeable difference to single targets when Smite hits @ 9% idol chance. Smite tooltip in lvl 100 is @ 7240 dps. doesnt crit often but its substantially higher dps than not using the Sacrifice node and, as you say, if I am lucky and it procs multiple times then its a pretty decent addition to the shield throw damage and gives a boost to single target killsā€¦ The health loss is not too much of an issue at 9% chance to proc so it should be safe to useā€¦

Iā€™ll leave it on this for a while and see how it goesā€¦ am farming for Bastion and want to get to 200+ corruption asap and run another 200 odd echos for the new goodiesā€¦

1 Like

i really love this build but i have problem leveling with this build. please guide me on how u level? i donā€™t know which passives and skills to prioritiseā€¦

its a little dated right now (0.8.1) but you could probably get some hints from itā€¦