[Linux] Game stuck at the first screen

Just bought the game, but I couldn’t play because I can’t pass the first logo screen.
Sometimes the game just crash after I hit play and others it freeze my whole system, forcing me to turn off the power.

I already checked the integrity of the files and disable the steam overlay, I also tried to force the game to run through Proton but didn’t work

I would like to know if there’s something else I can try to do

My specs:
CPU: AMD A12-9720P
GPU: RX 540 2 GB
RAM: 8GB DDR4
SSD: M2 240Gb
Kernel: 5.10.18 x64
Drivers: Mesa 20.3.4
Glibc: 2.33-4

Player.log (9.8 KB) Player-prev.log (9.8 KB)
Steam.log (1.7 KB)

Try disabling vsync and change whatever option you have selected in anti aliasing, it worked for me. But with 8GB of RAM the game won’t run for long. It has a memory leak on linux that makes it unplayable. I can’t play with 16GB of RAM and there are others like me who already gave up.

Is vsync activated by default? Because I can’t even go to the settings

Do you now which file I can edit do deactivate?

I don’t remember if it was activated by default or I activated it then deactivated it.

I don’t know if you can change the settings from any file or how are they store. But as I said, even if you manage to pass the login screen, the game would eat all your RAM and crash just after.

Are they aware of this problem? Is there any official topic I can keep track about this?

Yes, several. Just search for “ram last epoch” or “ram last epoch linux” on Google or here.

This is the last post about this issue: Immense RAM demand under Linux (Manjaro)

2 weeks and not a single answer.

Maybe proton will make the game playable, I’ll have to try again because last time it wouldn’t load.

Yes, it appears to be the case. Hopefully the devs can find the cause, or at least consult someone more experience to linux game development.