Legendary potential improvements

I’ll go look through the database soon, and see if I change my mind. (Obviously I can’t keep them all in my head at once) but yeah, that’s my initial thought.

Alchemist’s Ladle says “Hold my beer.”

2 Likes

My 47th copy of any unique qualifies as “Trash unique.” Like, literally, when I have 3 (sometimes more) banked in my stash of that unique, I loot it just for the 500 gold.

2 Likes

Any unique that is worse than the rare item currently equipped. “Worse” is hereby being defined as “having lower tier affixes than said rare item and/or having fewer useful affixes with no redeeming feature.”

And that’s the only unique that dropped with LP of 3 for me. Let’s talk about trolling!

I already suggested this but instead of clicking a button and having no control you need to fight T4 Chronomancer - you put in an item in shrine. Fight the boss, each LP on the item buffs them, if you die the item is gone forever if you win you get 1LP

Also in this system items can never drop with more than 2LP naturally as its designed to make you work for it, instead of clicking a button randomly and winning the game you have to beat the Chronomancer every time, if you cant do it… you cannot have more than 2 LP then.

pretty much the same as if you cant beat Rahyeh you wont be continuing progressing

1 Like

The problem with this proposal is that it will lead everyone to have one cookie-cutter dedicated character for this task. The risk will not be tolerable for anything other than guaranteed outcome. Plus, why are we again at the issue of losing items, just after the majority of the players said “good riddance” to fractures?

No risk, need to remove items from the economy. When multiplayer comes this is a must. Fractures still exist they just removed the damaging/destructive and removed an animation, now the item just quietly dies

Players dont NEED more than 2LP, it adds an end game goal for people to farm 4LP with an actual way to get there with very high difficulty

Thats actually a not a bad thing for an aRPG - roles for certain characters as it forces you to play another character. there wont be just ONE build to kill the boss there will be a few but this also shows the devs where issues lie with power of a class

Thats basically saying ‘dont play other builds that are better at other things’

I have already only been killing the Chronomancer on my Necro because they are the best at it. why send a weaker character to potentially fail - people regularly do this for games ie speedrunner/boss killer/crafter

This game has a serious issue with alternate characters already due to the mono system locking one character into a permanent timeline. I really dont see how being incentivized to roll another character who is better at a job is bad for the game - it actually promotes things like MTX sales as people like to look different

The other thing this potential to fight a boss and lose the item is what this game needs - some hype for twitch. Game needs some exciting scenarios that even for softcore are there, ie twitch clips so the game becomes more popular

99%?!

What in the world? How is that fun?

2 Likes

It’s an arbitrarily applied cost to make an idea seem more “palatable” to the “other side” of the argument. To be fair, most costs for this kind of thing are kinda arbitrary to slow players down.

I’m not entirely adverse to the concept of having to run a higher tier dungeon to be able to add a +1 to the LP (so going from 0-1 requires a t2 dungeon, from 1-2 requires a t3 dungeon, etc) & if you fail the item gets consumed, but there are problems with that (mainly that it would push people toward using a dedicated dungeon runner to do it).

I don’t mind the idea of increasing costs, or further upgrades to be prevented completely on a failed roll.
But destroying\losing the item 99% of the time? I don’t even understand where your mind-space needs to be to consider that enjoyable? That’s just masochistic.

2 Likes

I really think the solution is to just make it so items that currently are designed to roll on the higher end of LP, think the lower end items, perfect example given in this thread. Alchemist ladle, the item is a meme item at best. its a “kitchen sink” of ailments on a wand that you hit with in melee.

Its one of my favorite items as matter of fact! But why have the like 10 ive dropped this patch only like 3 of them have had any LP at all? I think all those lower end items should just have 1 by default if they drop in empowered.

2+ LP is something you should chase for, but many lower level items can be entirely saved with a single exalted line, which is a 25% chance at 1LP to hit the exalted line, so if you give players more 1lp items to try and 1/4 make playable then atleast you would have something to do.

Right now even 1 legendary items feel sorta chase because just getting lp to begin with is a bit more rare then id like.

Not that my opinion carries any more weight than anyone else’s here, but I’m of two minds on this.

First, LP has only existed in the released game for less than 2 weeks. I don’t, personally, believe that the sample size for even the most dedicated player is at this point sufficient to really get a feel for whether or not the tuning is appropriate. I think Bronco may well be correct in his assessment that the problem right now is expectations.

That said, I don’t know that I’m entirely against the idea of having a way to add +1 LP. I might lean away from the idea, but I’m not positive I’m totally against it. In the interest of game balance and preserving the chase, however, I don’t think I would (were I a dev) even consider allowing it on an item that already had any LP, meaning the best possible outcome is a 1 LP unique.

I loot uniques right now for the sole purpose of selling them for 500 gold. I literally already have 3 or more copies in my Stash. The one that just dropped has no other value to me.

But…

If you tell me I can take a 1% chance to get some LP on it… I’d do it EVERY time (if I had the cash available to gamble).

LP feels bad atm I think because the game is essentially SSF right now.
When trading comes this will change, depending on what the final implementation of trading will be like.

I don’t mind that 3LP and 4LP uniques are rare, but I would like to be able to trade my undesired ones to someone else that may want the one I have, so we both win at the end of the day.

I suggest reading the Dev Blog about The Bazaar. There won’t be any direct player-to-player trading unless you’re in a Party and the item drops while you’re in the party (i.e. you can’t just party up to trade previously obtained items).

Bingo! Maybe the developers will add all these punishing mechanics in the Masochist challenge mode that still can be chosen when starting a new character.

A good game is difficult but not punishing. It is nice to have rare and chase items but not that rare that people just give up. And by “people” I mean a noticeable part of the player base. It is important to learn from others. Blizzard tried this with Diablo 3, failed hard, and then revived the game up to this day by moving into “easy to get, hard to perfect” mode. And before somebody derails the topic, Diablo 3 has numerous issues, but their item progression has improved greatly.

I don’t think people get how it works right now.

Right now, when you loot your 50th copy of Artor’s Legacy or Bhuldar’s Wrath or Undisputed, you sell it for 500 gold because you have so many in your stash its ludicrous.

Adding the ability to take these extra uniques which you’re going to vendor for 500 gold and, instead, wager on a 1% chance that you upgrade them with 1 LP gives us something to do with the millions and millions of gold we’re accumulating with nothing to spend it on.

I read it but the post seems a bit outdated, from 3 years ago, if that’s the one you’re referring to. Limiting trade to party only seems odd when the Bazaar exists, but I suspect that’s to limit RMT spammers in trade like they said. Although I don’t exactly see that stopping spammers from sending msg in chat like “4LP Prism Wrap up in Bazaar now” or something.

The other issue I see is that the Bazaar will use gold, which seems to be worthless and plentiful in endgame and only used for buying stash tabs. There’s gambling too but you cannot get exalts or uniques from gambling from what I heard.

Unless they change the Bazaar to let players set up their auctions to require payment in runes/glyphs that would be cool as I like the idea about visiting a market. Very immersive in a fantasy game. I just hope finding listings for specific items will not be too difficult.

Nope, this one is from July of this year (2021): Official Last Epoch Multiplayer FAQ (Loot section)

1 Like