Legendary potential improvements

I think it would be great if for a certain amount of gold you could increase an item’s legendary potential by one. It would act as a gold sink and also allow the production of good uniques for legendary production. Just my thoughts though

3 Likes

Legendary potential = priceless. LP is such a big potential upgrade it’s not even fun. Upgrading uniques to 4 LP would be a nightmare for me ^^. But non the less welcome to the board and have fun ;).

1 Like

I was thinking 500k-2m one time per item

Maybe they can re-invent the Gambler.

You put your Unique with no LP into the window, and click “Gamble”. The gold is deducted here.
Results:

• Most of the time, your item explodes and you lose it.
  • Sometimes, you get 1 LP.
  • Rarely, you get 2 LP.
  • Almost never, you get 3 LP.

Yes, 4 LP isn’t included.

5 Likes

This would completely defeat the design goal of Legendary items being very rare, cause gold farming to almost completely supplant the item hunt, and be an enormous driver of RMT unless they don’t allow trading gold, which is unlikely.

I give this suggestion an F.

2 Likes

Yes this, my point is to have a use for gold and make good uniques with some LP at least somewhat obtainable.

This would be up to EHG, but I was thinking something like:

99% of the time: item explodes
0.88% of the time: gain 1 LP
0.019% of the time: gain 2 LP
0.001% of the time: gain 3 LP

:smiley:

I think it should be expensive 500k-1m and then a 90% chance to explode
8% +1
1.5% +2
0.5% +3

Over time that’s a ton of +3s. Too frequent. Gotta think large scale.

Edit: also, Seasons/Leagues/whatever they will be called can influence both the rate and cost, as your gold supply in a Season will be much smaller than your gold supply in “Standard” mode.

To guarantee that you can make the most powerful items in the game? lol. That is not even remotely expensive.

Try more like 500m-1b and you’ll be closer to a price that doesn’t completely subvert the system.

Gold probably won’t cut it but something has to be done for the current state of LP. The vast majority of uniques feel useless and most commonly they appear with zero LP. Maybe we can start breaking trash uniques and set items into special shards that can later be used to reroll LP. Like 50 unique shards for each attempt to reroll LP. A system similar to Kanai’s Cube in Diablo 3.

Just to be clear - I am not asking for “an easy way out.” I am asking for a sense of progression that is usually absent after picking that unique from the ground.

500m??? Does anyone even have that? It also wouldn’t guarantee the “Best item” it would be a one time use to bring an item from LP0 to LP1

Yes, and what that something is is for players to get over the fact that the items with the highest possible power potential in the game are intended to be extremely rare. Most people aren’t going to get them, nor are they supposed to, nor should they. They’re the chasiest of chase items, and IMO that’s completely fine because there is no content gated behind that level of power.

Here’s Mike:

The only problem with “the current state of LP” is the attitude of entitlement towards getting Legendaries that some people have, and have decided is totally reasonable, despite that it’s not.

Probably not, and that’s the point. If you want to completely subvert the chase of LP by making it something you can just slap on at any time, the cost of that mechanic should be equally difficult to acquire.

2 Likes

Sorry, but going from 0 LP to 1 LP (and that’s it) should be relatively easy. I am already vendoring 1 LP items for the 500 gold.

Sorry, but Mike’s post refers to BIS items. A BIS in this scenario will be the best Unique, augmented with four kick-ass affixes from an exalt. We are talking here about handling trash uniques. a topic that is a far cry from wanting BIS items.

With the rework of the crafting system, I believe they would stray away from more ‘item loss’ mechanics. The LP reroll/increase/ etc likely wouldnt have a chance to be destroyed.

If this is the case, suggestions for what the chances are for adding more LP?

This is what I don’t get… What are “trash uniques”? Call them out. Some uniques are likely geared towards leveling, others towards a specific playstyle. Yet others are meant to provide general power, and even others to just allow cool interactions.

Do you feel there are zero trash uniques? ‘Trash Unique’ being whatever you define it as.

Actually, yeah I don’t really think there are any uniques I look at and think “yeah that’s completely useless.”

Sweet! Curious to see some other’s lists.