Legendary Items and Eternity Cache

This is true. And I am sure is a motivation for the devs to design legendary as such. I am just not sure if we have a wide enough unique pool to see the community running different sets of legendaries when minmaxing a build. I am also not sure how I feel about endgame gearing and build creativity to be heavily centered around legendaries. But perhaps these are things I dont need to be unduly concerned with for now and enjoy the upcoming legendary patch for what it is :slight_smile:

Keep in mind they added the new glyph of Despair too. Opening up five affix Rare and Exalted items. A 5 affix rare could easily be competitive with a legendary imo, and a 5 affix exalted would be crazy!

There is a great deal of choice involved with itemizing in this patch.

Of course it could all just be broken, buggy, and overturned but thatā€™s what early access is for.

1 Like

Iā€™m happy with the current direction. More player power. The itemisation gets less restrictive.

Certainly things will go out of hand with legendaries. So broken interactions get fixed and the overall difficulty curve has to be adjusted after some larger scale testing.

Didnā€™t drop a Unique at all. Dropped 3 Exalted but no unique so I didnā€™t get a Legendary.

Might want to look at that.

Same for me. I dropped three Exalted just before entering the last room, but no Unique. I tried only once.

Yeah, I got two keys before trying the first time and wonā€™t try again until I hear back. (or I drop a Unique with the potential)

Thanks for confirming for them that itā€™s not just my imagination. :slight_smile:

I am not sure about the wording that @EHG_Mike usedā€¦ I dont know if a Unique with LP is a guaranteed dropā€¦ Strickly speaking, by what Mike said, only the exalted items are going to dropā€¦ They CAN be used to make a legendary but not on their ownā€¦ English is an odd language sometimesā€¦

On this noteā€¦ Uniques with LP seem to be quite rareā€¦ I did a quick half hour of farming in empowered Monosā€¦ got about 17 uniques (and a few of the new ones)ā€¦ but only 2 with LPā€¦ and both ony had LP1ā€¦

Was easy to make them into legendaries but they are nothing to write home aboutā€¦

I can see the possibility of reading it that way but he did say ā€œTo guarantee that everyone who completes the dungeon has some Legendary to makeā€¦ā€ so it seems to me that he is explicitly saying that the boss will always drop a Unique with legendary potential and an Exalted that can be used.

1 Like

That most definitely is not happening thenā€¦ but it also seems like it would be too easy if you could make a legendary on every dungeon run without stocking up first by farming other parts of the game like monosā€¦ It took me a few minutes to run a dungeon - so if it always dropped something I could make into a legendary, i would have a stash full of them in a few hoursā€¦

I dont think they intend for that to happenā€¦

Well, you also have to find the keys. I just found my first key after 3 hours.

I got 4 keys after maybe 8 empowered mono (120 corruption) runsā€¦ definitely dropped every 2nd or so monoā€¦ got 2 keys in single mono runā€¦

I think the devs said on discord that this feature didnā€™t make it in to the release build (which is what I took ā€œstill under discussionā€ to mean).

1 Like

Itā€™s true that we can understand several different things and I was surprised to get really enough to create a Legendary each time, but this wording is rather misleading. :wink:

Have you read the post above yours?

1 Like

Yes and Iā€™ve just finished watching the replay of the stream. But what is written stays longer that what is said.

so what ? iā€™m really confused now. What do we get at the end of the dungeon ? Unique + Exalted ? Or i have to farm some uniques first in order to not get disapointed ?

Make sure you have a Unique with LP before you do the dungeon.

2 Likes

As Llama said, it was intended for the boss to drop a unique and an exalted item that go together so you could make a legendary. But it didnā€™t make it in and weā€™re still discussing it.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.

Personally, aside from ā€œunlockingā€ the tiers of dungeon I wouldnā€™t be attempting to access the cache without a planned merging in my backpack anyway. To do otherwise would be a prayer to the RNG gods, who I hate above all else.

For the future though, it would be nice to also get a ā€œbonusā€ legendary with potential to stick in the bank for possible next time attempts after finding a nice exalt to pair it with. If that is introduced in a later patch, I think it would be a nice touch to keep us all smiley :smile:

So there is in fact a stash in the eternity cache room that you can use. You can still only craft 1 legendary per run though.

1 Like