Legendary Items and Eternity Cache

That most definitely is not happening then… but it also seems like it would be too easy if you could make a legendary on every dungeon run without stocking up first by farming other parts of the game like monos… It took me a few minutes to run a dungeon - so if it always dropped something I could make into a legendary, i would have a stash full of them in a few hours…

I dont think they intend for that to happen…

Well, you also have to find the keys. I just found my first key after 3 hours.

I got 4 keys after maybe 8 empowered mono (120 corruption) runs… definitely dropped every 2nd or so mono… got 2 keys in single mono run…

I think the devs said on discord that this feature didn’t make it in to the release build (which is what I took “still under discussion” to mean).

1 Like

It’s true that we can understand several different things and I was surprised to get really enough to create a Legendary each time, but this wording is rather misleading. :wink:

Have you read the post above yours?

1 Like

Yes and I’ve just finished watching the replay of the stream. But what is written stays longer that what is said.

so what ? i’m really confused now. What do we get at the end of the dungeon ? Unique + Exalted ? Or i have to farm some uniques first in order to not get disapointed ?

Make sure you have a Unique with LP before you do the dungeon.

2 Likes

As Llama said, it was intended for the boss to drop a unique and an exalted item that go together so you could make a legendary. But it didn’t make it in and we’re still discussing it.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.

Personally, aside from “unlocking” the tiers of dungeon I wouldn’t be attempting to access the cache without a planned merging in my backpack anyway. To do otherwise would be a prayer to the RNG gods, who I hate above all else.

For the future though, it would be nice to also get a “bonus” legendary with potential to stick in the bank for possible next time attempts after finding a nice exalt to pair it with. If that is introduced in a later patch, I think it would be a nice touch to keep us all smiley :smile:

So there is in fact a stash in the eternity cache room that you can use. You can still only craft 1 legendary per run though.

1 Like

Yeah, I did find the stash last night. My first run I took the items in with me just in case a stash had been overlooked.

As usual though, you guys were a step ahead of us, LOL

1 Like

It is definitely more of chase item. In the 10 hours I have played I have gotten 2 uniques with potential. One with and the another with only one. I just finished empowered ending the storm and got alluvion with 0 potential.

Is it normal for the sealed cache to not work at all? I put in the correct items for dungeon level 1 (sub lvl 50 unique + 4 unsealed affix exalted item), hit seal, then it disappeared. I clicked back on the eternity cache again and it shows the interface but no item, nor the two items I put just, it’s just an empty closed cache, no combined item came out. Is failure an outcome or did the game glitch?

you need to hit the “D” button to switch into the time where its completed :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, you just forgot the central mechanic of the dungeon- time travel…

1 Like

little feedback from someone who has just been experimenting with this mechanism.

its a good idea but the execution is extremely brutal in my experience.

uniques with legendary potential are very rare drops. Getting one that actually is of the type you want or can make good use of is even rarer. and it is usually a legendary tier 1 only. Ive never had a unique with legendary t3 or higher drop, ever.

decent exalteds of the same type as the already very rare unique that is usable for your build, and that comes with an exalted talent that would improve your build is very very rare.

now you take this two things, and watch as the legendary affix chosen at random is almost always invariably not the one you really want. The odds are way against you.

how many hours is that gone up in smoke?

great idea but way too brutal with multiple layers of RNG upon RNG in practice. Almost punishingly so imo. Then there is also the farming of keys for the dungeon.

How to fix? No idea really - maybe make the focused farming of exalteds more doable. Or a way to reroll or add two uniques of the same type into the machine to reroll their legendary status.

just wanted to give my point of view after giving this system a pretty good try out.

Yeah, that’s all fair, but legendaries are supposed to be chase items, especially useful ones with good exalted affixes.

Feedback is always good.

I tend to like that its RNG and that its RNG (the unique with LP) x RNG (an appropriate exalt) - Legendary items are meant to be the ultimate end-game items - they are entirely optional to any build and imho, they are the only chase items in the game right now so they need to be hard to get.

( note I have different issues with the legendary process being locked behind keys etc but thats another issue for me).

I would be pretty bored if it were easy to get Legendary items - there would be no further item chase and min/maxing would end far quicker. At the moment its fairly easy to get general T22/T24 level items. Getting great T24s is harder but not impossible. Getting Legendaries is the only thing left from there and getting great Legendary items even harder.

An arpg with nothing left to drool over or grind for is a pretty short arpg.