Leaving player thoughts

Yeah, I get your point. The OP wasn’t very informative.

But it triggered a relatively good discussion so it had its purpose, I guess. :grin:

But I agree. There could’ve been more context in the first post. At that point I wasn’t aware of the thin introduction.

He is leaving Last Epoch for another game that isn’t even in the same genre. So cool I guess. Thanks for telling everyone.

I agree, monos optimal stategy is to speedrun to the end and do the objective. There is nothing else to do in the monos, no secondary objectives, no bonuses for full clear, just reach the objective. And the planning stage doesn’t have many major decisions besides “don’t pick something that kills you” and “allways pick the mono with more stability”.

It is for this reason I only play after updates.

except for clearing (before completing the objective) that does give you more loot from the Chest at the end…

1 Like

Is this confirmed? How exactly does that work?

From my testing it was definitely working when I tested in previous patches (for quite a while now)… I havent specifically tested in 0.8.4 but I havent noticed anything different…

All you have to do is clear BEFORE you complete the Echo objective and the quantity of items that drop form the chest is increased (note, quantity)… From my testing, any clear AFTER the echo objective is complete does nothing.

This kinda makes me want to do the old school rpg thing and go in the OPPOSITE direction of where i’m “supposed” to go :thinking:

which is exactly what is intended I assume… :wink:

Only problem for me (as someone who has many many hours in LE) is that the incentive, while good initially, isnt really enough to dissuade end-game players from speed running Monos…

Yeah, but let’s be honest…some people are always going to “speed run” or look for the most efficient way to do things. If the rewards for clearing before the objective were high enough, people would just do the opposite, which would be kinda weird, running the Echo to complete everything EXCEPT the objective.

I’m still new to the game, and just started MoF. So far, i’m liking that some of the echos only take a minute or two, and others take slightly more. I like the planning aspect of targeting certain rewards, and I haven’t really come across anything super challenging as far as difficulty goes, but then, i’ve purposely avoided the corruption/reset nodes…are the rewards in those worth it?

Most definitely… But only after 100 corruption… there are even items that are more likely to drop the higher the corruption… Most of the stuff will drop if the map level is 100… thats where you should concentrate your farming efforts… When you have a build that can push high corruption 200-300+, then go for it - the drops are definitely worth it… but to start, farm map level 100s…

Is this something you do while leveling, or do you wait until 90+ for that kind of thing? I think i’m only level 58 or 59 currently (just finished the first timeline in MoF, if i’m using the right terminology).

If you are still levelling then dont worry about it… just do the campaign and MoF timelines in order until you clear the last 3 level 90 MoF timelines… You will already be getting decent drops from them… Once you have done them, then the Level 100 versions of all the MoF open/unlock and thats when the real high end gear farming can happen… Your build should be in the 80;s by then…

BUT its not strictly neccessary and only really intended if you want to really complete your build or farm for specific uniques/exalted items etc…

lvl 100 MoF and the first Dungeon are end-game content that you dont really need to do…

I think I got a dungeon key from one of the echoes, I was trying to decide if I could do it at my level or if I should wait.

Its end-game level hard, but you can do the first T1 level of the Dungeon if you want (I think its level 55… Julra will likely kick your arse but hey, thats half the fun… :wink:

Yes it is, the more mobs you kill the more drops the chest at the end drops.

It’s a natural process. When I rush the timelines right to Empowered, I usually land there around level 80. If you take your time and do all timelines or do some several times, you will be 85-90.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.