LE trading is dead to me

That’s not the only place to spend favour.

1 Like

I’m not sure what benefits bots are going to have over the average Joe in MG though. With no reselling, there’s much less way to game the market. You can’t price fix as easily, or at all, since trades happen without seller interaction. And if bots hit level 10 before anyone else does, it just means they can purchase those higher tier items with… each other, faster.

The way they implemented trading, I struggle to see how bots are going to effect the market a lot. I could be wrong, I’m a very dumb individual, but I ain’t seein’ it chief.

2 Likes

Don’t worry by splitting the player base and most of players going COF(most of streamers swarming to COF) i agree that trade will die if not enough items in bazar.
This is a fact and i know they acknowledge it when they see empty bazar.
Were is the problem is quite simple. They made COF to good in compare to MG.
No mats trading and you will lose favors if some one undercuts you.( Wonder if devs have a a solution for undercutting )
Irony is they hired a " trade expert" to make this system but forgot to balance the factions.
Atm from what i see on straw poll 25% player base will be MG and rest 75% COF.
SSF players by default will be COF. Offline players will be COF.
So split the active players between all the game mods/faction i expect the MG will be minority like 10%-15% for softcore in best case. This will mean not enough items in bazar more specific some unique or some high exalted sough by the players.

With all those above this is the exact opposite of poe .Majority COF and minority MG.
No actions from devs or if they say will fix later will be not a good option. (Remember D4 said they fix their game 3 season later)
Already the game was in beta for 5 years and other ARPG coming out this year.

We will wait and see but if this is the case on 1.0. If the trade fails game won’t be for a player like me.

SSF and offline players don’t really matter for trade either way and if those players voted on the poll it means the MG percentage would be higher in non-SSF online (the only place where you can trade).

So who knows, we might end up with something like 40%-60% for MG vs CoF, we’ll have to wait and see how it plays out.

Perhaps on the grinding favour/gold and getting the drops in the first place? That way the bots can do the donkey work rather that the sniping/scalping/selling.

Only if you enjoy rng. If you don’t trading is super strong (assuming there’s sufficient players doing it(.

I believe that’s called a free market, I think traders prefer it to a command economy?

They are balanced, one has rng, the other doesn’t. If people are reacting to the new & the potential fun, how should the devs “balance” that without unbalancing the underlying trade/rng systems? Perhaps you should face a boss before you list or buy an item! They could make it scale from trash most for blue items up to beyond a t4 dungeon boss for legendaries!

That’s because there’s no alternative to trade in PoE that doesn’t just hit you with nasty drop rates.

Yeah, and that’s sad if thats the case (honestly).

Precisely this. The general sentiment I’ve seen regarding trade in that game would suggest a great many only do it because there is simply no viable alternative for item acquisition. SSF has the same drop-rates as the normal mode which just kneecaps you. It doesn’t help that trading in that game is frequently a miserable experience.

4 Likes

Them getting the drops first isn’t really a big deal. If they wanna sell them at ridiculous prices, they’ll get undercut by humans and not get anything. But even if they do sell, the human in that interaction got their item, the bot got it’s favor and nothing else is effected. There isn’t anything for the bot to do with that extra favor and gold outside of what it does in it’s monos, and for posting item it fails to price fix because there isn’t reselling.

Edit: Them getting the items first also doesn’t stop others from getting items. There isn’t a limited pool of unique items and legendary potential that is allowed to spawn per cycle.

…Unless there is and this is how EHG wants to stick it to use filthy normies.

What I’m assuming (& tried to state in yhe earlier post) is that the bot would be playing hhe game farming favour, gold & items for the human controller/account owner to review and either use to improve the bot controlled character’s stats/capabilities or sell, either on the AH or as for rmt.

Given the AH, the uses for the bot are reduced since it’s not needed to do any of the selling such as can happen in PoE.

2 Likes

Ohohoh. My bad. I’m not good at picking up on stuff this early in the mornin’.

Yea I agree, it might be prevalent.

Those 75% of players wouldn’t be trading much if they got forced into trade, just ot be clear. Your problem isn’t with the split factions, it’s that people don’t want to trade lol.

Also this number will change after the first cycle, going trade in a game you know nothing about is generally less desirable, than a game you do know stuff about. Like you say streamers are going cof, i assume you mean streamers who havent played le much before? More established streamers like Bina, Terek, Dread(im 90% sure), are going MG.

And I know Bina and Terek both are pretty confident MG will be the best way to gear up, not CoF.

2 Likes

To me it looks like a curve. the middle level of gearing I think will be much better with CoF, but there is no world where CoF is going to be able to compete with late game MG. and assuming you are starting late or your second character? MG is just gonna skyrocket you to the end gear.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, why/how so? I agree that beginning & “end game” (ie, you’re min maxing) gearing will be easier with trade assuming gold, favour and the desired items themselves aren’t an issue.

Just a side note the COF system in LE was criticize by game director of POE2 Jonathan Rogers in last Wudijo interview.

1 Like

Everyone has different opinions on it, game developers especially I’m sure. Thing is, opinions are opinions and there’s no industry standard for in-game systems. His opinion on it means about as much as anyone else’s does, and that’s fairly little.

I find that actually hilarious. Buffs to players in SSF? No one wants that surely. For some playing trade is “Ruthless” enough and they already enforce that on SSF players barring you from trade which loot is balanced around hence the inherit difficulty increase. LE not only makes the SSF experience easier on newer players but you can pick a faction as an online player too. If you’ve read the trade manifesto from CW just the presence of an in-game trade interface already makes them jealous. I’d like nothing better than GGG to take the same split faction innovation and improve upon it for PoE 2 which will feed back into LE. Jonathan can enjoy his ivory tower view all he wants, it’s us players who will ultimately win in the end so suck it up buttercup aka Jonathan!

2 Likes

This.

I guess it depends on how easy it is to level up the CoF stuff.

You get lots of exalted buffs that on paper looks like it will make farming your exalteds very easy. And some LP buffs, so by the time you are farming some LP items and exalteds in your slots, CoF will probably be able to do it easier. as the MG faction will have you competing for those.

But then again, if there is enough supply MG might be better there too. but yeah, I just think CoF will be really strong for that early end game gearing. perhaps not better then MG, but thats where it gives it a good run for its money.

The same as it is to level up the MG rep.

Not as easy as buying exalted items.

I’m honestly not sure which one I’ll go with TBH.

Trading will always be better strictly if you want to make better builds.

I’m going CoF bc it just sounds more fun, and I don’t have to stop my gameplay for market shenanigans.

2 Likes

I’m interested in what he has to say, but POE really hasn’t been a great model for trade. They’ve let third party sites control too much simply because that’s how it was done with Diablo 2. I’m definitely curious to see the final result of trade in POE2.

Both games can make pivots post launch anyway so we’ll see.

SSF in POE is definitely not player friendly and was only reluctantly added after years of begging. And drops are left the same in SSF because you can transfer out of it at any time.

EDIT: I just watched. He will still allow player to player trade that doesn’t require the AH and thus gold. Which means RMT galore and no friction for trade. I also strongly disagree that you shouldn’t incentivize SSF. I wanted incentivized SSF in POE from the start. Just don’t allow migration out of SSF.

1 Like