LE is using tons of RAM and crashing, character gone

Hey!

I’ve had problems with the game crashing for the past few days. Today, just minutes ago my game crashed again for taking about 12-13gb of my RAM. After that I logged back in, just to realize that my lvl 100 spellblade is gone, that I crashed with.

Could you please check?

Hey, Welcome to the forums…

There is nothing that EHG can check… All savegames are stored locally right now - i.e. on your own machine… There will only be online savegames when Multiplayer functionality is launched (probably in version 0.9)

When the game crashes, there is a possibility that it can corrupt the savegame… especially if it was trying to write to the file when the crash occured…

If you are using Steam Cloud saves, then it could also be that Steam cloud messed up the savegame because the syncing process didnt work as the game crashed and didnt shutdown properly. It could also have copied the corrupted savegame into the cloud, further complicating the issue.

In game settings and fps limits directly affect the amount of RAM that the game uses… and if its using that much, its likely that you are playing on higher settings - which are known to cause performance related instability in the beta game right now. I.e. if you chose settings that are too high for your hardware and the unoptimised state of the game right now. E.g. someone assuming that a GTX 1080 can run the game at Ultra mode on 1440p is likely to experience more crashes than if they set it to Medium quality @ 1080p instead. Not enabling fps limits (or setting them too high) is another cause of crashing.

So for your savegame, unless you were making backups, there are no copies of it anywhere else…

For the crashing, please can you post your player.log, le_graphicsmanager.ini and the output of a dxdiag report if you are using windows.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.