Last Epoch Trade Survey

All 10 of them?

Probably language barrier thing, I meant to say that is why I think that is the case but whatever. You do you.

not what I meant, that is in no way the same as “I want to trade with both strangers and friends”

I agree

especially with this, as I imagine the positions on this are either: “I want the best trade ever” or “I dispise trade with a passion” and in the middle are few people, to such a point that trying to please everyone will please nobody

I realised something else, something which would heavily change what an acceptable drop rate is - the power of this games item filter.

Which would mean that for idols and also most gear, people will not even SEE items they do not want for their build - which would get in the way of the idea of trading non-uniques/non-exalted that do not fit the build. You would be unlikely to see idols or gear that fits the less common builds, and to lower drop rate of those things even further would become infuriating, As nobody would be selling them, they would be filtering them out.

And by most powerful you mean unmodified rares, elixirs and gems? What if they are still loot 2.0 and rain down like candy on Halloween? And what if by gem they mean only the raw ones you pick up and the most powerful level of gem can only be crafted and not dropped, so is therefor untradeable? Sounds a lot like a very limited trade system to me

Last Epoch will have a Bazaar system in which players will be able to anonymously buy and sell items from other players using the gold they’ve found on their adventures. We are designing this system very carefully to ensure that while the Bazaar can be a fantastic way to find certain items, it will never overshadow the rewards of engaging with the world yourself. Fear not, friends will be able to freely gift items between each other as long as they have been friends for a reasonable amount of time.

This is definitely restricted.

A fuller explanation of their proposed trade that was available to read during the kickstarter campaign is available here:

Of special importance in the above thread is this quote, which confirms their plan was always a form of restricted trade:

the “best” gear untradeable

Lastly, they made sure to say this (emphasis mine):

As a final caveat, we are still in Pre-Alpha and as part of that, plans like these could very possibly change if we discover dire flaws or other issues with the system

I mentioned all this in an earlier comment in this thread, but you must’ve missed it. Easy to miss with so many replies in just a week.

The rares. They are the legendary bases.

That’s not what that means. It is meant as split them up physically.

Yes it is what it means. Community is already split, playerbase won’t support this “item gifting” direction. You can leave the game as it is intend for 0.9 and we won’t play but we won’t accept it either we will spread negativity through the internet and the game will be killed. Nobody will win, neither who supports neither who disagrees.

Nobody cares about how split the community is on opinions.

“Nobody cares” that’s why the devs are willing to reverse the bad decision they did? Yeah, of course “nobody” just a lot of replies which dislike the item gifting system. You should wake up for the real world.

There are also a lot of replies that like the item gifting system. Did you miss them?

I agree and will likely be playing despite the severe bad taste left from D:!. If it is like D3 though the base drops for your class will be pretty plentiful , and what drops will need crafting on 80% + of them before they are useful. I think elixirs and gems will be the more high traffic items if they do not also have certain restrictions on them. However even with those caveats, the fact that blizzard has ledt those items even partially open to RMT means that D4 is defacto p2w, just like LE would be if EHG does not stick to restricted anonymized trade that locks out the possibility of RMT for direct item purchase. And for the logic challenged, no, RMT carrys and gifting are not the same as direct trade.

This is definitely restricted.

Cut the crap, I already sent print and the official kickstarter website link for veryfication and there isn’t anything about " trade restriction". I can paste again if you purposely ignored that just to try to be right:

print: https://imgur.com/SBlSJc1

website: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastepoch/last-epoch

They will also ignore the new poll a reddit user put up that show preference for as it is now or with only a little less restiction on friend gifting. Which coorelates with the poll I put up but then deleted after a comment by EHG

Did you miss them?

I think darkdeal missed cause he said “nobody cares”. You know what “nobody” means? I hope you know cause “maths” we both know you are bad at it.

I did. I’m a backer, I’m familiar with the Kickstarter. Did you read the forum thread, posted by EHG, that was available during the Kickstarter? Please, tell me how that’s not restricted.
I linked you all the necessary information, I even quoted the Kickstarter and forum thread. The information’s there. You need to read all sources of information and not just the section that favors you.

Can’t see the words “restriction trade” on the official kickstarter website. Are you saying they were misleading their customers on purpose?

:person_facepalming:

I don’t get it. Why are you ignoring all the information presented by EHG themselves during that time?

The same way I don’t get it the reason you are ignoring the fact on the official website used to collect money from bakers there is no information whatsoever about restrictions on trade.

friends will be able to freely gift items between each other as long as they have been friends for a reasonable amount of time

Does this not count as a restriction to you? This is a direct quote from the Kickstarter page.

As this is a direct quote from the kickstarter page (same text by the way):

Player economy is one of the most enjoyable aspects of this genre for many players and we want to do it justice. Last Epoch will have a Bazaar system in which players will be able to anonymously buy and sell items from other players using the gold they’ve found on their adventures. We are designing this system very carefully to ensure that while the Bazaar can be a fantastic way to find certain items, it will never overshadow the rewards of engaging with the world yourself.

This thread is so full of ad hominem, straw man, ad verecundiam and bandwagon fallacies.

The devs asked for our feedback with a short survey, not to fight each other in the forums, like our opinions have any real value outside of the survey.

3 Likes