Last Epoch Trade Survey

friends will be able to freely gift items between each other as long as they have been friends for a reasonable amount of time

Does this not count as a restriction to you? This is a direct quote from the Kickstarter page.

As this is a direct quote from the kickstarter page (same text by the way):

Player economy is one of the most enjoyable aspects of this genre for many players and we want to do it justice. Last Epoch will have a Bazaar system in which players will be able to anonymously buy and sell items from other players using the gold they’ve found on their adventures. We are designing this system very carefully to ensure that while the Bazaar can be a fantastic way to find certain items, it will never overshadow the rewards of engaging with the world yourself.

This thread is so full of ad hominem, straw man, ad verecundiam and bandwagon fallacies.

The devs asked for our feedback with a short survey, not to fight each other in the forums, like our opinions have any real value outside of the survey.

3 Likes

People are gonna get so mad at FoE’s opinion, but this point is very important. If you play now without engaging with crafting, the progression almost feels balanced, it’s still stoo fast, but it’s so much closer. After playing through a character for a bit, with the rule that i’d never touch crafting, or vendors, it’s super apparent how this game is way too eager to throw power at you.

Theres just no reward, the game doesnt want anything from you, it just gives you what you need, and then your set. Trade being added doesn’t change that, it’s already there.

When I play normally I get to like, lvl 30-32, craft up whatever gear i have, then i go through monoliths to unlock empowered, and the only things ill change is a weapon, and putting on crit avoid chest, or adding crit avoid as I go and find somethign to slam it on. Then I get to empowered and look at the gear I picked up and threw in my stash. Crafting is overpowered, trade doesn’t change much of anything with the current iteration of the game.

Like its just too much effort to worry about a loot filter for normal mono’s, there’s no point in caring about anything for that part, just put on the filter for empowereds, and pick up what shows, that you can’t use any of.

1 Like

like our opinions have any real value outside of the survey.

If opinions and comments don’t matter or have any value, why do you think we got a survey willing to change a decision made? Oh yes! Now your brain started to function and realised that this survey is a result of all the opinions and replies! Not to mention on the second reply to this topic a player felt BIAS and probably the survey’s legitimacy is already compromised from the beginning.

No they aren’t. PoE on China has auction house and it works well. But this year everything will change for PoE, cause Tencent will take 100% over (part of the agreement). I don’t know if Chris will be hired after selling 100% of his share, because he is “the frontman” , even though I dislike his “vision” for a lot of aspects, mostly UX and QOL ones, he is “the guy”.

This is a conspiracy theory right. Also tencent invested in LE

This is a conspiracy theory right

No, it’s a fact. Tencent holds 87% of the company and will take over 100% until the end of 2023 as part of the agreement. Also it was part of the agreement Tencent could make decisions about PoE on China and that’s the reason the game is really different there. Chris will stay? Probably, like I said, he is “the guy” on the Western. The game will change a lot? Maybe yes maybe no, only time will tell, cause even with the last leagues being terrible to say the least, 47 million on dividend were paid so… yeah money is ok I guess.

This would be an interesting development, have a source?

Sure
When it happened in 2018 it was posted by GGG themselves: Announcements - Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games - Forum - Path of Exile
More details on the agreement per si can be read here: Chinese firm's deal to buy Kiwi video game firm worth more than $100m - NZ Herald
The article states “80%” but actually was 86.6% accodingly to this: Grinding Gear Games - Wikipedia
So until the 6 years of agreement be completed it will remain as follow:
Tencent (86.67%)
Chris Wilson (8.78%)
Jonathan Rogers (2.28%)
Erik Olofsson (2.2%)

1 Like

Thank you! I did not see that info back then.

This is the official decision from NZ Overseas Investment Office

Up to 100%, with 80% upfront and the remaining 20% over 6 years.

Up to…, so they have until 2024 to acquire the rest if they want it.

This is just the OIO decision. Full terms of the deal arent available, so unclear if the other shareholders have to consent to sell their shares.

1 Like

It appears that it is moving along per the agreement Shareholdings

1 Like

It certainly seems that way, but it’s not a fait accompli.

As I said, the terms of the deal aren’t public information, so any number of things could prevent it.

For example (an extreme one), if any of the NZ shareholders died, their shares would get stuck in estate management and the timeline would likely end much earlier than that could be resolved.

Nothing is final until its final.

Until then, its simply inference and speculation.

1 Like

You are welcome.
This genre needs more real competitors. Actually PoE is siting alone on the throne. Hope Diablo 4 can throw a hard punch and LE, if it goes on the right direction can give a hard kick afterwards.
PoE 2 is not convincing me. It sounds more like a different early game progression than anything else. The future changes from gear links to gem links will change the game very little, even if we could technically have 9 setups of 6 links: https://imgur.com/U4SoarY

No, that’s not what they mean. They mean that they want people to be “allowed” (by the game rules) to play together. HC/SC is an example of the kind of community split they mean, obviously not just people arguing about stuff.

RMT, I’d have thought that was obvious.

Yes, did you actually read all of the trade section on Kickstarter?

I’m not sure how the section you link is relevant to trade. Nor how they have apparently reneged on that particular linked section. TBH, I was expecting the usual “there’ll be a bazaar/ah” section ignoring the rest of the passage…

So you’ve not read the kickstarter then. I’m on my phone so have no idea how to do screenshots so ill just quote the entire section underneath the trade heading:

Unless you think i just made it up.

But thanks for coming, have a participation medal…

Its really not, but i assume its a translation thing, 'cause to a native speaker their meaning is obvious (and not what you think it means).

They have always been willing to listen to feedback and change course if they can be argued round to a different point of view. They have done this on many occassions.

Evidently. There are none so blind as those who do not wish to see.

But you didn’t actually read and understand it. If ypu scroll down quite a ways to the the trade section, you can read what they said. Or continue ignoring it, your call.

Oh, so you are aware of the section on trade, you’re just happy ignoring it. Gotcha!

They already own a controlling stake, they don’t need the remaining amount, it just make the accounting marginally easier. They already have the power (as majority owners) to summarily get rid of the board, replace it with their people and then do whatever they want with the company/IP, etc.

That is usually what is required to happen, othetwise its theft at best, or other illegal things at worst.

Its also irrelevant per my comment further up.

Yup, its a different campaign, new classes/ascendancies, changes to how gem sockets/links work and that’s it (though I’m sure there’ll be a load of other changes as well, but IMO those are the biggies).

1 Like

Hmm. I’m having difficulty parsing your response in context.

What do you mean by “this is usually what is required to happen”? I think you mean they have to consent to sell their shares?

If that’s the case, I was thinking of deal terms which provided for consent in advance (at point of signing), rather than at the time of transfer. Is that a thing?

You’re the corporate accountant, so happy to take pro-tips on this one if youve seen it before :slight_smile:

I don’t get the RMT and the bot arguments. If the game can’t protect itself from bots and RMTs disturbing the players to a point of quitting, its bound to fail regardless of what system it has. Botting in LE is going to be an issue no matter what, especially with the current system, where you can land most of the good items in Corruption 100. An overgeared bot would just be able to run them 24/7. There are even builds like the auto bomber and the shield throw, which are tailor made for bots.

It wouldn’t be.
You still have your extremely powerful crafting
You still have your echo tile rewards for target farming specific unique items

If you do t4 dungeon with “enemies drop more exalted items” and fully clear both floors, you end up with 30 Ish exalted items add in 90% reduction to that and you are still getting items.

What you would not do is run around with full exalted items before you even reach empowered.
So, you have better gear progression at that point, not one that just throws shit at you, and you can obtain the same level of gear as you do now when it comes to 3-month cycles.

One thing people forget is that the gear progression is completely fucked up and if people haven’t tried to minmax their character then they wouldn’t even know about the issues because you get soo much gear early on and then you get absolutely nothing after t23 gear because it’s so God damn rare that it’s made for trading. 1 person farming with full loot or 20k players farming with 90% reduction.

2 Likes

Yeah like, at least in terms of streamers/more vocal arpg fans not currently playing LE, as soon as the pick it up for the first cycle or whatever, they’ll be dropping it in a week max. Because theres just nothing left for those people to do at that point now. And anyone hesitant on dropping money on a game that has an entry cost, is going to be waiting to see the reaction.

The game as it currently exists, is not made for the gaming world right now. it’s made for 5, or 10 years ago. No matter if people actually want that actual grind, so many think they do. It’s the constant rhetoric you see for any popular game, if stuff gets easier, people complain. THe reasoning doesnt matter, the result doesn’t matter. With the drop rates how they are currently, people who are waiting to decide wether to buy the game, will in the majority, think the game is bad when they see a streamer stop after a week becuase they ran out of things to do. They’ll see the negative reviews on steam saying that it’s too quick and they ran out of stuff to do, and they’ll upvote it.

Like to be perfectly blunt here, if EHG don’t change their mind on trade, the games done. People can argue about whats better, about what they like. But it’s like people forget the outrage at even diablo 3 so long ago, because you got a unique early on. That mentality has only grown, you don’t appeal to people by making your game easy. The game could be perfection, and if the current gear progression still exists, people won’t want to play it. They can’t try it out, they have to buy the game, that’s a major stopping point, and for so many people that cost needs to equate to playtime.

And LE isn’t even close to a middle point right now, it’s easier than most mobile games, the game doesn’t want work, it doesn’t want to reward your time, the game only wants to reward the fact you bought it.

1 Like