[Last Epoch Tools] - Compare monolith options

I am a new programmer, as I recently got a job where I will need to know java and python to do automation testing for websites.

I decided to create a tool for myself that compares the options for the monolith of fate.

It takes pictures of the various texts on the left and right sides:
For the next x echos
x more item rarity
x more experience

It adds item rarity and experience then multiplies that by the number of echos to give a score

It also does the same for just rarity and just experience(while leveling you may want to calc experience only then switch once you feel you want more loot)

It will then tell you which side is better overall, for more loot or for more experience.

Unfortunately I have no idea how github works, or how to release a python program so it can just be opened in windows.

Here is my code, so you can either figure out how to get it working yourself or for someone to steal it and properly support it in github. - Last Epocjh Monolith tool - Pastebin.com

Improvements still to make:

• The code needs a try/except added for next x echos as I have done for experience and item rarity to account for single and double digits.
  • It won’t know what to do when a quest echo appears (but to be fair probably doesn’t need to)
  • It needs to account for the next 0 echos as the game just says ‘for the next echo’

If you want to calc yourself rather than use a poorly programmed app it’s simply:

rarity + experience = x * echos

compare with both sides and choose the higher number.

Image:

Enjoy! I just didn’t want to keep this to myself if at least one other person can use it.

p.s. I have not 100% tested whether it knows which side has better xp or drops, I just copied what I did overall (which does work) and adjusted it.

Kind Regards, JP

2 Likes

Congratulations on your new job! That’s great.

I’m very surprised you don’t know how to use git/github. If you’d ever like to learn, I can teach you the basics and it should be pretty easy to grasp. Alternatively, github walks you through the process if you setup your first repository with them.

Thanks for your contributions!

Thanks!

I think i’ll go figure it out

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.