[Last Epoch Tools] Build Planner

Both issues were fixed.

Not mine.
I still have a Smite description with Entangling Roots. I tried with another browser that never went to your site and it’s the same.

Ah, I see. There was a caching issue of similar nature on my end, but apparently this was not related to your case. Well, it’s not a bug on my end, just a wrong description for this skill.

There’s druid’s skill - Entangling Roots - Last Epoch Skills
And then there’s a proc skill with the same name Entangling Roots - Last Epoch Skills
(that’s what you are looking at).

It just has this name and this description, because that’s how it is in the game files, might be copy/paste. Since it’s just a proc from Entangling Roots, its name and description are not shown anywhere, so you can’t see this “bug” in game anywhere.

Ah, makes sense! Thanks :slight_smile:

I noticed the Melee Physical Damage If Wielding A Sword affix not applying to two-handed swords in the planner while the game seems to allow them to apply to that weapon type.

Edit: I should have thought about that earlier, the planner probably doesn’t check what weapon is equipped and only shows generic modifiers.

Btw, will you add Blind chance to the stats overview at some point?

Edit2: Looks like my initial find is valid. I just changed the two-handed sword to a one-handed one and then the physical melee damage bonus showed up in the stats overview.

Slowly exposing my laziness. You’re exactly right why that’s happening. I’m sure you’ve noticed descriptions that are clearly copied from different skills too. Most commonly for enemy abilities because those descriptions aren’t shown anywhere.

1 Like

It always comes back to bite you…

(post deleted by author)

It’s just a ton of manual work, because you have to convert textual data for each node into actual stat data and double check everything. And unfortunately as a result there’s no progress in that department for quite some time. Instead I update existing tools UX and add extra data because the value of it is greater than providing DPS calc for 5-10 skills. E.g. during the last several months there was a number of major updates in LE tools, e.g.:

I suppose it brings more value to players than adding DPS calcs.

There’s no API. I’m extracting the data from game resources directly.

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Can you elaborate and give an example for an invalid item + affix combo?

I think it’s about the possibility to apply class-specific affixes that belong to another class to unique items. For instance, if I create a Sentinel in the planner, equip any non-class-specific unique helmet and want to apply some affixes to make it legendary I can choose from affixes for each and every other class. I could pick a Mage-specific affix even though the game wouldn’t allow for a unique legendary helmet to have Mage-specific affixes and be used on a Sentinel instead.

I see, thank you! This is indeed a bug and it’s fixed internally. I’ll update build planner tomorrow.

Edit: the issue is fixed.

Any class can also use affixes with “Non-Specific” class for legendaries: Search - Last Epoch Item Database

For example rogue can’t add Strength prefix to a crafted helmet, only primalists/sentinels can. But rogue can take exalted primalist helmet with strength prefix, and add it to a legendary item.

So this item can’t be currently added for rogues in build planner, even though they can make and equip it:
Image from Gyazo

Thank you. You might have missed my previous report due to my constant tinkering. I have an update on that one so I figured I bring it up again:

This seems to also be the case with Sentinel’s Blademaster passive. The planner doesn’t show the attack speed bonus when a two-handed sword or axe is equipped but as soon as you switch to a one-handed version of those weapon types it lists the node properly.

Thanks for the detailed explanation of the issue. It’s fixed now.

I will look into in a day or two, thanks for bug report.

LE Tools was updated to 0.8.5.

5 Likes

Not sure if this has been reported or not but on the build planner when ever i open the skills or passive tree screen my cpu usage jumps up to 80-85% from a steady 2-5%. It does this on any build i open.

Do you have hardware acceleration enabled on your browser?