Last Epoch Roadmap

Really excited to hear about more story chapters and Ancient Age content coming. I’ve been waiting a long time to see that.

I was surprised at how much anti-evade sentiment there is out there. EHG can’t please everyone, but I want to add my voice to those in favor of adding Evade to the game. I love that I won’t feel obligated to use one of my 5 skills slots for movement skills on every character.

1 Like

They should just give us a combat window like they have in mmo’s which will tell us which skills are doing how much damage and what kind of damage. Enough with the target dummies.

I have to admit, Undecember was the first ARPG where I saw an evade button, and it is also the one with my favourite (and hardest) bosses fights.
I suppose evade is needed to allow bosses to be that mobile, fast and deadly.

Just be aware, it deeply changes the identity of the game, in playstyle, difficulty, and general feeling.
Is it good or bad? No idea. It is just extremely different.
We might end up remembering Last Epoch pre-1.1 as a different game from Last Epoch post-1.1.

2 Likes

Yes i have played since 1.0 been playing for many yrs now no intent to stop

I dont think offline is going to reset in the way you think it does.

Point of offline is to allow players to play with no internet. I highly dought offline will reset and if it does in 1.1 TBH it shoukd be fixed offline shouldnt be reseting unless u play online.

Cycle play afaik cycle play is the only one that actuall resets

Just cuz the UI is the same doesnt mean u will get the reset like cycle does. Its easier to just leave the UI the same rather than changing it for offline mode.

U do know all offline characters are saved locally right??? Hiw is ehg going to reset ur local saves whether u pick legacy or cycle play in offline mode.

Unless some how EHG is able to mess with ur own data files.

Now with there being two offline modes i can see the not true offline mode ( by this i mean u dont have global chat) being able to do this some how. However if u arent playing the true offline mode. Im pretty sure even those characters are locally saved.

So how woukd EHG reset a locally saved file thats on ur own PC vs servers were they have control of those files

I will remain a nonbeliever and leave Last Epoch and will not be recommending it since it’s no longer an ARPG. Just because everyone else is doing it, doesn’t mean you should too. Homogenized into obscurity.

3 Likes

We will continue to do offline cycle rollovers just like we did when 1.0 dropped.

3 Likes

I really hope that evade isn’t faster than regular movement for a long straight path, so that constantly using it off cooldown is meta. From the posted video it doesn’t seem, that the character has any movement speed penalty after rolling, I hope you reconsider that.

Bosses are balanced around having a traversal skill, that punishes builds without one being always ready.

• Sentinel without shield rush or negative mana hammerdin builds will like rolling. The one really lacking is the druid in spriggan form, can transform builds roll? But the real winner is builds using minion/dot/duration skills, cause they deal damage while rolling, while other builds don’t.
  • Some builds rely heavily on traversal skills to buff themselves for maximum DPS (like aerial assault for ballistas), but then struggle to not have a traversal skill when needed. Evade is a good addition for those.

Overall I’m glad this is added, but hope it doesn’t mess up the balance too much and doesn’t force players to always use it to be overall faster.

If your saying offline has a cycle that resets why would i play online on your servers just to get the same experience.

This doesnt make since to me. Other than being able have my wife join me. Which we do everytime we play. At that point why not add LAN support.

Imho i dont think offline should have any resets this isnt whag i thought u guys where doing with offline play. If thats u u ment by ur comment.

Im just confused like crazy now. I figured resets would be an online thing

This will make the moment to moment combat feel so much better. Awesome.

1 Like

In offline the “reset” in 1.1 is really just a fresh gameplay character environment opening up. You’re right, it’s all saved offline so if you want to do some editing and keep using the same character but “on the cycle” you can do that. It’s just a text file on your computer.

If you’re referring to the survey, it separates online cycle from all of online legacy, offline cycle and offline legacy.

Some big draws to play online is access to the Bazaar and playing with other people.

We don’t have LAN support because we didn’t have a few thousand spare dev hours to spend on it. I know it might seem like an easy one but it is one of the largest potential features that we could consider adding. We are not considering adding it.

Extremely hyped for the new evade. I noticed that it has the “Movement” scaling tag. I hope Vaion’s Chariot’s [next Movement skill does more damage] buff will not burn up on evades. I really like that unique, because it opens up new build possibilities. If evades burn up the Vaion’s Chariot buff it would make those builds worse to play.

1 Like

Hello,

one comment from my side that may appear strange to most of you. I want firstly said that I’m not expert in this game (but I played arpg since diablo 1), so of course some of my observations could be not exact, but I think they are a good point to consider.

Maybe because of balancing and/or mechanics, I feel we are missing class diversity and class fantasy in the practical (lets leave theory aside).
Example: I would like to play a good archer, I can do, but I also know it will be underperforming because the best marksman in the game doesn’t use bows… The second best use bombs… And so on.
Second example: going with a sword to hit one by one tons of enemies is… scaring, when there are builds that have screen wide aoe.

Other comments: I don’t know why, but dungeons in this game are really really boring. I never liked arena in any game, so I don’t comment it.

Item management: I can understand some gear class-specific, but I don’t understand that some gear is all class specific. I put some order in my stash (exalted items) yesterday and I noted that all of my armours and helmets are mage restricted, while for example all of my boots are for all class. Why some parts are restricted? As in the new cycle I ply another toon, I will have lots of armour tabs unusable because of restrictions.

So many people are SO MAD in the comments here for no reason.

It must be disheartening for the devs to read these negative comments when they are hyped for that new content!

We dont know HOW any of this is implemented. Its just a rough outline, yall gotta CHILL a little here.
If the dodge mechanic sucks, they can still remove it in a later patch. They listen to feedback, but give em a break, guys and look positiviely forward to whats coming! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I missed the part where you are forced to go to social media and search for LE pinnacle bosses videos.

Dude it’s literally YOUR choice, I don’t get why offline people have to be penalized because someone can’t resist auto-spoilering.

1 Like

The new roll looks like a lot of fun, I’m very excited. Can’t wait for next cycle!

2 Likes

Some of these issues can be avoided by using dark souls approach, as in the rolls are a short distance, only have iframes near the start and lock you in the animation for the duration(thus you become vulnerable during the end frames). In such a case you would still use the movement skill to cover larger distances, but would avoid spamming it in case of big boss attacks.

he isn’t making definitions up
cycle /sī′kəl/

noun

1. An interval of time during which a characteristic, often regularly repeated event or sequence of events occurs.

“Sunspots increase and decrease in intensity in an 11-year cycle.”

1. A single complete execution of a periodically repeated phenomenon.

“A year constitutes a cycle of the seasons.”

1. A periodically repeated sequence of events.

“the cycle of birth, growth, and death; a cycle of reprisal and retaliation.”

A Season IS a Cycle by definition - they chose “Cycle” as the word to fit in with the time theming of the game as it also fit in with the literal definition of the word cycle.

So much this.

Grim Dawn did the same (adding in a dodge mechanic after release) and it was all doom and gloom in the forum for a while. But when the patch dropped mostly everything was fine. There were a few balancing issues that needed to be hammered out (which is to be expected with new mechanics on release) but all in all it went very well. Even though it’s animation was a goofy super mario jump. :smiley:

On the mechanic itself a question:
Will it allow rolling “through” enemies? So if you are surrounded can you dodge through them or will they block you?

Very good news!

Still torn about dodge/roll introduction, but we’ll see what happens.
I’m sure you guys won’t be afraid to change again if needed.

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

I think it will be similar if not identical to D4 dodge/sprint mechanic , there’s no need for it to be a roll Dark Souls style like in NRFTW.