Last Epoch Patch 1.0.2 Notes

I don’t particularly care about OP builds, I have no intention of playing them seeing how they trivialize the game, in the long run they cut my enjoyment of the game. Let others use them, don’t care.

What I was hoping for is Quality of Life fixes / additions trickling in via these weekly patches. I hope QoL is planned for earlier than with the next cycle…

6 Likes

This is the biggest mistake you guys did since you released - for real.

You should definitly think this through again since this will hugely devalue your reputation which you hardly received after a rough start - which was understandable - but still impacted already on alot of the earned trust of the past 4 years.

But this one is nothing the community will simply forget or let themself convince to be “a little rough start” - no - this will destabilize the momentum of the game it earned now and demotivate people from setting trust into your decisions / the games upcoming cycles.

Don’t burn this thing down, now, that it finally stands.

Disable Leaderboards for now if necessary - but don’t ever go the way to let bugs knowingly abused - even if the people don’t knew about them.

10 Likes

These bugs were found in like day 1 of release, and shouldve been patched in day 2

9 Likes

Tbf D4 nerfed all classes across the board at once. They didn’t just fix 2-3 bugs causing 100x the performance of all the classes/builds.

Idk what Profane Veil is, but seems like it’s broken. Also, Falcon go brrr cant stop this smoke CAWWWWW

if its a bug, fix it like everyone says. anyone who cries nerf is just overexaggerating. other games/devs don’t even look at the community when making changes, so don’t feel bad fixing your stuff mid-cycle.

4 Likes

XP Tomes give you CoF favor which gives you Prophecies.

They are actually the best Monolith nodes for CoF members.

7 Likes

As much as I agree with most of the decisions that EHG have made for this game; I have to agree with the majority here. No mid-cycle class balancing is welcome but bugs should be fixed when possible. The abusers will cry a little bit but not having game breaking bugs will be better for the long term health of the game.

5 Likes

Had to log in and protest against the XP tome nerf - this sucks! Xp tomes were almost useless as a reward and we started farming them to get more favor when we realized the favor is tied to xp so the x2 reward was making the tomes competitive compared to the rest of the rewards - now there is even less of an incentive to run the XPtomes…

I wouldn’t care that much for this change if the favor per hour even in 3-400 corruption wasn’t so atrocious. COF needs some buffs regarding the reputation and favor gain. I Played a shit ton since 1.0 but COF rep and favor gain is slow as fuck, certainly unobtainium for casual players, so yeah, the xp tome nerf is dumb!

9 Likes

That CoF XP Tome nerf hits me pretty bad. I am going insane leveling up a sentinel to lv100 (I’m lv99 already). It has been painful the last 10 levels and doing the EXP nodes was my only way to get the last level already, and now it’s nerfed…

11 Likes

Ok so let me get this straight…

Because merchant guild doesn’t have access to prophecies while selling 2-3LP items for 10 million gold, we CoF players can’t have 100k gold from a keys prophecy?

Excuse me what the f?

21 Likes

I’m normally with you guys but the key value nerf is delusional.

Edit: to clarify, these keys have always had this value and we’ve always sold them. If we’re making gold too fast (which for 3 month cycle I don’t agree with) then nerf the prophecy.

As it stands the keys, the prophecy, and the monolith nodes are all devalued to the point of being a waste of time.

As this is likely an RMT related nerf (without saying so) then there needs to be some compensation for good income. Regular players are hitting stash tab walls in CoF and need gold - solve that problem.

16 Likes

This game is a joke now

3 Likes

Any change to XP Tomes is uncalled for.

Also, fix obvious bugs; even if they grant power level issues. As long as you avoid a “balance pass” mid-cycle then leaderboard e-peen contests will be fine.

7 Likes

It was an oversight everyone could see and it was fixed. They don’t want you to sell things to a vendor to make gold. They have been very clear about it for a long time.

1 Like

While there are already a huge amount of fanatics incredibly upset in the comments that someone else is having more fun than them, I really appreciate your principled stance EHG.

“Our current stance is that we won’t issue mid-cycle changes for balance…”

You’ve said it yourself before, its incredibly demoralizing to make a build a have it deleted soon after a launch because of an unintended interaction. However, what a lot of detractors are missing with their incredibly narrow focus is that, everything will reset next cycle. We have a fresh start around the corner, there’s no permanent damage done by playing a video game differently than intended. Please hold to your principled stance, even with a vocal minority overly concerned about ‘balance’ in an ARPG that I would suspect the majority of people are playing in solo capacity.

That being said, reducing arena key prices and xp tomes duplication chance is solving problems that didn’t exist, and your time and development effort would be better spent elsewhere, unless the idea was to combat some sort of Arena key RMT farm or something.

For example, how could have been solved in a consumer friendly way? Maybe you could have made keys stored on your character similar to affix shards, maybe you could have increased gold generation methods inside merchants guild, IE quests similar to prophecy that reward gold, or maybe, you could have done nothing at all, because having alternate ways to generate gold and xp was never an issue in the first place.

3 Likes

I’m in CoF, playing legacy and in always in need of stash tabs thus I need alternate ways to farm gold. Nerfing key sell price is just a big blow to my balls. I’m nearing 90th stash tab and it’s going to be much harder from now after this change. And I don’t do arena, I hate arena, I freaking despise arena unless I need to finish a prophecy and only then I do it. Now these “key” nodes in monolith are just useless now, for me at least.

And what about the freaking bot gold sellers? I feel like there’s a lot more of them ever since you disabled family sharing compared than what it was before.

+1.

6 Likes

Just here to read others crying and say thanks for all your hard work.

7 Likes

Fix bugs!! The first 4 builds I tried to make this cycle ran into bugs that completely broke them like Stygian Coal having an item bug and not working with most of the drain life tree, and Skeleton Rogues not getting Death Seal bonus damage like they should with Lethal Concentration, or Wheel of Torment fissures not benefitting from the Fissure skill tree.

Fix the broken builds trivializing your game. I have zero interest in playing a Falconer cause every build is bonkers broken so much that your choices have no impact on success. Just select anything and you win.

The instant change for XP and keys to gold is just insane in comparison to the bugs left in the game. Something that makes the game a bit more accessible, leveling and gold farming is harshly nerfed, while builds capable of 1 shotting T4 Julra or having millions of effective health are left untouched.

Absurd.

3 Likes

it is not ward . Other classes can’t get 50k+ ward as warlock permanently . so if by ‘people’ you mean warlocks then yeah :smiley:

2 Likes