Last Epoch 1.0 launches Feb 21st, 2024!

I’m a bit astonished.

This game is, since January 11th (CoF) nothing less than a sensation and yet there are x posts about a superficial feature that doesn’t affect gameplay at all?

I (male in rl) usually, given the option, only play female characters in RPGs, but my current main is a mage / runemaster (levelled upmsince yesterday to 70 now) and I’m ok with it as well.

1 Like

You called it!
*These items will unlock and become equipable at 1.0 (February 21st, 2024 - 11am CST)
Pulled that from the Deluxe Edition Steam page. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

No, it’s rooted in not being able to afford double the development and modeling time to create two visual appearances for every piece of equipment.

Unless you have the money to pay for them to do that? If so, I’m sure EHG would be happy to get to work.

1 Like

Hello, sry if i could not find in other posts, but itens and char will reset at all on 21 fev ? or i would be able to play with a char i make today?

Nope, there will be no wipe.
There will be a non-cycle (off-season/legacy/standard) league and your online chars will be put there.
Offline character will remain offline.

They won’t be missed :slight_smile: If the gender of your character bothers you, it’s a personal problem. I have no problem being gender locked, and playing whatever, in fact I prefer gender locking and minimal character customization - I am comfortable with myself. It’s actually so irrelevant, that for it to deter someone from playing a game is sad. Your friends should maybe get more comfortable with themselves or something. It’s a game, no one cares what you identify as. It’s the lore of the game. Waste of dev time to bother with it. Or pretend that your character is just “identifying” as the gender, problem solved.

What SHOULD be outdated is thinking game companies need to cater to some weird personal sexuality issues.

Go buy some Barbies irl maybe instead :slight_smile:

1 Like

hyped.

LE hype, LE hype! :blush:

This has been changed and now it is same for both. Thanks LE!

What time exactly? Am I missing it somewhere?

Same time as any other patches released.

They announced that as well here:

1 Like

I really hope with the release of the official game 1.0 it’s gonna be a fresh start for everyone with a full wipe of every previous character…

No, your current existing characters will all be moved to legacy. You can, however, join the cycle which will start at the same time. That will give you a fresh start.

Have they said how long a “cycle” lasts?

No, but 3ish months is a reasonable assumption.

I think they’re aiming for the usual 3-4 months other games use, like @Llama8 pointed out, but I think Mike said in one of his streams that the first cycles might not follow that rule yet, while they’re trying to implement the core stuff. Meaning 1.1 might take longer than that if it’s not ready in time, rather than releasing it half finished.

can’t wait!

Still hyping this game😍

Looking forward to the launch!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.