Last Epoch 1.0 launches Feb 21st, 2024!

Travelers,

I’m thrilled to announce that Eleventh Hour Games is launching the long-awaited 1.0 version of Last Epoch on February 21st, 2024. After a journey that started with the dream of uniting genre enthusiasts to create the next great ARPG and forming an after-hours team through Reddit, to holding a successful Kickstarter 18 months later, and then building Last Epoch alongside our passionate community throughout Early Access… we’re confident in saying that we’ve made something truly special.

Last Epoch’s 1.0 launch will mark a new beginning for Eterra, and will set a new bar for quality, polish, gameplay feel, and visual excellence. Beyond 1.0, Eleventh Hour Games will bring substantial new content to Last Epoch every few months in what we call “Cycles”. These releases will contain additions and refinements to many aspects of the game, such as end-game content, skills, unique items, gameplay systems, quality-of-life features, etc.

We understand that February is later than we had initially targeted for this release; however, our original December timeline became a bit crowded with other studios’ releases, and we didn’t want to force the ARPG community to have to choose. By moving our date, we’ll also be able to take advantage of a few more months of polish for our new systems and classes, complete more bug-fixing, and reinforce our team with a restful and well-deserved holiday break.

We thank you all for your unwavering support and enthusiasm that has allowed Eleventh Hour Games to make this game for all of us. We hope you will join us in Eterra this February and invite your friends to join in a new co-op hack-and-slash experience!

- Judd Cobler
Game Director, Last Epoch

56 Likes

Yeah!

Give me that Warlock.

2 Likes

Very smart to move the release date, wouldn’t want to compete with PoE’s giga release :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh my god it’s happening!!

I’m so incredibly excited. Thanks for your amazing work, can’t wait to see the 1.0 release! And congratulations for all your progress and achievements! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for not rushing the 1.0 release and taking your time!
Good decision. :+1:

7 Likes

Just for clarification, the Item Factions part of the roadmap doesn’t mean it’s being put into the game a month before release, right?

The wording implies it’ll just be a blog post or something, but I would like confirmation.

2 Likes

That’s right, it will just be a detailed look at the upcoming system.

4 Likes

Thank you for clarifying, Mike. Don’t want people getting the wrong idea.

1 Like

Absolutely good move. You need the time for polishing and releasing alongside PoE and especially around christmas (who wants crunch time around christmas :wink: ) is an unnecessary risk.

I’m looking foward to the release and the future of LE. It was a long ride. And even that I’m burned out on LE after several years and 2k+ hours, I’m ready to get back on the train for 1.0.

Cheers
Raw

4 Likes

Do we know if there will be a full single player and or Multiplayer character wipe on release? Or can I start playing now and be ok?

Is there any word yet on when we can look forward to gender/class decoupling? I have a number of friends who think the game sounds interesting but outright refuse to buy it until they can play the characters they want to. I get that for a small team it takes resources to do art development, but gender-locked classes just looks so bad in 2024, it’s an outdated practice and its origins are rooted in sexist stereotyping.

2 Likes

Thank you for proving once again what a blessing you guys are to the arpg community. LE HYPE! LE HYPE!

1 Like

Good that you asked, because i got the “wrong idea” :slight_smile:

Question:
Due to delay, will there be a 0.9.3 with some content? Or at least constant stream of bugfixes?

:man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

Anyways, it’s not coming in 1.0.

10 Likes

:man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

Great argument, very intelligent and well thought out. Anyway, it’s not a matter of debate. The practice dates back to early Dungeons and Dragons straight from Gary Gygax, and his writing on the matter explicitly sexist to an almost comical degree.

1 Like

So hyped!

Does the practice to not waste resources on super low-impact features date from the same era ?

9 Likes

“wasting resources” and “super low-impact” are like… your opinion - and one that is objectively misinformed, based on the market. Character customization is one of the biggest drivers for sales in the modern game industry. You may have noticed that every financially successful live service game sells cosmetics as its primary source of revenue, and this one is looking to do the same thing?

When you can’t even get people to buy the box because your game comes with the built-in rule that women can’t be warriors or mages, you’re shooting yourself in the foot by limiting your sales demographic.

1 Like

Dont we have a extremely long thread about this topic to bring it up in, and not a post about the release date for 1.0?

(I do agree with you, its just not useful to tangent this thread to it, arpg community isnt known for not yelling when they disagree about progressive things)

2 Likes

Ah damnit. 4 months until full release, instead of 1.5. And only because other game releases. I don’t like that at all since 2023 was pretty much promised.
First xDefiant, now LE. Everybody breaking promises and postponing at the last minute is a new trend, which I do not support. I’m sorry. Sure, it’s a good game and sure, more time in the oven is always better. But if you know you won’t make it, don’t make promises that you cannot make true.

Was really looking forward to playing Falconer, as I really didn’t like the runemaster.
Oh well, it is what it is.