Julra T4 entire fight needs to be revisited and readjusted. Period!

Heavy’s point, however, was that the death at the end would have happened even with a tanky build. Regardless of how much ehp you need to survive everything else.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s true.

But I’m also pretty sure nobody tested it (except Healing Hand paladins, they tested it and survived :slight_smile: ), because it’s so easy to walk out of the laser.

Maybe someone will test how long they can stand in the laser beams with a “normal” tanky build next season. I’d estimate 2-3 seconds of survival should be long enough to react to a mistake like the guy in the video did.

From personal experience with my Wraithlord Arbor build that has 20k+ ward… the laser screws you over if you misplace yourself.

So… I would say that reasonable enough testing :stuck_out_tongue: What more is needed? That’s a ton of EHP.

As for how long? Around 1 1/2 seconds for most builds, while you panic as you’ve misplayed, so it’s surprisingly dangerous, clearly a limiting mechanic, as intended.

It is true, as Heavy said, some mechanics are intended to one shot all but the most broken of builds.

In the middle, where the lasers intersect no build, however tanky they are will survive longer than 1, maximum 2 seconds.

Only touching one laser might be able to tank 3 or 4 seconds.

The problem why I pointed your video out was, that that was a very obvious player mistake that was so grave, that no eHP in the world should save you.

Having a tanky build and increasing the margin for errors is good.
But grossly negligent mistakes like that should not be possible even with the most tanky build.

He stands in the middle at 1:04. Couldn’t find any other example.

Guess we disagree on that point :slight_smile: I think if LE was some hardcore unforgiving game, then you would be right, it would be okay to punish the player for a mistake like that.

But I don’t think Last Epoch is that kind of game, and I don’t see any issues with allowing the player to recover from a grave mistake. Outside of EHP, we can already do that thanks to immunity from certain movement skills.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Allow me to explain. In current year American politics, the rhetoric/defense mechanism of a certain side of the fence when faced with any disagreement is to paint oneself as a victim (despite being a victim of nothing) by claiming persecution from the other side of the fence.

2 Likes

Please remember to follow the Code of Conduct. I’m closing this thread due to multiple CoC violations (I will be going back and cleaning up the thread), in addition to this conversation going in a constant circle.

https://lastepoch.com/code-of-conduct

HARASSMENT, DEFAMATION, AND ABUSIVE LANGUAGE

While using the forums and in-game chat, all users must treat others with respect. People have the right to participate in the discussions which take place here without receiving abuse or harassment of any kind. This also includes Bullying, Name calling, Baiting, and slander and will not be tolerated in a public or private fashion.

SPAMMING OR TROLLING

Keeping the conversation related to the community and the game is in everyone’s best interest. Submitting pure gibberish, repeatedly posting the same thing, making low-effort or non-constructive posts or messages, and other methods of spamming will result in moderation.
Abusing the Report Player or Report Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages is also prohibited.

3 Likes