Julra T4 entire fight needs to be revisited and readjusted. Period!

If you don’t need a guide, you got all the brain power, I’ll let you handle it from here, chief. No more answering questions for me.

1 Like

I mean just don’t make lowkey remarks about others missing “brain power” when clearly that was never the issue in the first place.

Clearly.

3 Likes

I mean

1. The puddle is too long for some of the only mobility options in certain builds where there’s not even acess to invincibilty like in warcry
  2. The boss goes around shifting areas even doe its “rare” (as if in it shouldn’t be doing it that fast)

So yes, CLEARLY

I’ll refrain from commenting on this boss or any other specifically but I do agree that bosses’ “time to kill” for players on some attacks is really high when you consider how awfully laggy and buggy the game is right now.
If you’re playing offline you might not see much of an issue, but depending on the server you are online the moment you have to react to some attacks is less than the moment it’d take for you to leave the telegraph.
And your positioning is not always accurate on the server due to lag AND pathfinding and movement skills glitching just add salt to the injury.

If we had better servers and less memory leaks I wonder if these topics would be as common. Nerfing strong 1-shot boss mechanics would be a band-aid to this at most, but hey, it’s better than nothing. Also yeah, you can also lower DPS and get much more defenses. There is no enrage timer, eventually you will kill anything with patience.
Is there any boss that heals themselves?

Connected for the first time here to approve this message. That boss feel so bad that l did quit the game because of it. 90+ hours of pure fun then complete disappointment. I’m not a fan of darksoul and this feel like a boss that you MUST understand mechanics in order to beat.

Usual thousands hours ++ arpg player

The problem is that this is a mandatory boss for a base mechanic (crafting). You can’t just skip it. After burning 10 keys in a row at t4 l’m done.

Game is great beside that but l have never lived something so frustrating and anticlimatic in an arpg. (D2, 3, 4, grimdawn nd poe). Atleast in thoses games beating a pinacle challenge isn’t connected to a basic mechanic (crafting) for which there is a high chance of failure in addition of farming lp and exalted.

I dont want to quit for ever this game caus it is solid 9/10. But l just have no fun in trying to beat that boss or looking vids on youtube. Life is busy. 3/10 with this boss. Hell omg the tragedy even d4 is better with julra LE=3/10 or l should say unplayable. with it less punishing LE=9/10.

So disapointed in this product close to perfection hope they do something about it.

Actually nah… unless you’re really… and I mean really slow on the uptake.

Mechanic 1: Arena wide time explosion → time shift, main mechanic.
Mechanic 2: After shift makes DoT effect → stand on side, should realize it after 2-3 times latest.
Mechanic 3: lasers → run in the circle where it’s broken, done. That’s your arena.

Everything else: move in circle and don’t stand permanently still. Melee should be able to power through everything there anyway to a large degree.

If you can’t handle that then Dark Souls will screw you over during the tutorial already… and Julra is really a fairly entrance level mechanical boss. Heck… no mechanical boss in LE is even remotely hard.
PoE got a lot of harder ones.
Torchlight infinite got harder ones.
Even Diablo 4 has a harder one… albeit mostly from the length of the fight rather then the mechanics.

And anyone who is one can tell, because otherwise you wouldn’t be comparing “don’t stand in the big glowing bullshit” boss design to Souls bosses.

Translation: “I am mad that I cannot faceroll this boss and pay no attention to anything happening on my screen”.

:clap: Legendaries :clap: Are :clap: Pinnacle :clap: Chase :clap: Items :clap: Not :clap: A Base :clap: Mechanic :clap:

You’re not entitled to the best gear in the game. Get good or give up on getting it.

Bad players with bad builds complaining that they can’t slam and drag their body parts across their keyboards and still win every fight is tedious.

2 Likes

“I failed to avoid the avoidable hazards. This is the game’s fault.”

Nah dawg that’s a skill issue.

Learn from your mistake and try again. Or beg in global chat. Either method works.

OP acting so arrogantly in a thread where they puffed out their chest to scream “I suck at this game” while refusing help from everyone trying to give advice.

2 Likes

Lol at darksouls fan. Happy you are having fun in arpg. Hey arpg fans arn’t the targeted audience of LE mindblown.

Yes l want to facetank when l have full resist, endurance, armor and life. That is the base of arpgs gamplay. Min max stats.

Now the youger audience want to have « challenge » ok but not on non skippable content it is bad design. Dont care really have fun with this game.

Lilith in d4 is ok it is completely optionnal but try hard can have fun with it.

All is said now talk to the void boys. If they do something great if not who care others arpgs to play

As far as I know, T4 Julra is skippable content. Not sure why you’d imply otherwise.

2 Likes

Not being able to faceroll all the content just because you slapped on some gear and net decked a build is not the exclusive province of Souls games. The only thing Julra and Dark Souls have in common is the volume of whining that bad players do about being unable to beat them.

There’s nothing wrong with the Julra fight. The strategy is literally just “don’t stand in giant glowing spell effects that have massive windups and telegraphs”. You’re losing because you aren’t good enough.

So, actually, the lol here is at bad players getting sore egos.

1 Like

The problem with Julra isn’t that Tier 4 is too hard, it’s that Tiers 1 to 3 are too easy.
Players out gear & Turbo through her, not paying attention to Her mechanics, & when they get to Tier 4 they have no idea what to do, so their knee jerk reaction is to call for nerfs.

4 Likes

This game is a prime example of what diablo-clone ARPG fans enjoy actually.
And with that I mean the audience from the game which actually formed the whole sub-genre… which is Diablo 2.
Diablo 3 washed it out and while it is falling into the category it’s not a game which offers what Diablo 2 did… which is 2 highly mechanical bosses (Diablo and Baal) which were the absolute end-game content available back then. As well as long term item grinding with ridiculously low drop chances.

No, it’s not. Not even Grim Dawn - which does a fantastic job at allowing that and keeping the game balanced - does allow that for pinnacle content. If you facetank there you’re generally a goner outside of maybe 1-2 builds.

I’m not the ‘young’ audience. A big chunk of the audience for those games is between 30-40 years old nowadays, growing up with those types of games and having it here once again in a newer way presented.

What are you talking about? It’s the pinnacle boss there.
Not striving for it is utterly nonsensical for any die-hard diablo-clone fan.

You are the void currently. So yes, we’re talking to you.

I asked in the twitch chat last week about needing to kill julra every time you wanted to slam a 1 lp item (a little excessive lol) and they said it was more a dungeon problem then a julra problem. that reads to me like they might let us skip the dungeon part and just fight julra, which I guess is a nice compromise.

Yes, I can agree with that. I would imagine after beating T4 of a dungeon the skip to the boss is a viable option, the ramp-up towards it is the problem, I can absolutely agree there.

I’m confused. Are Julra supposed to be hard? - No, it’s a serious question, i have never considered her hard in any way. Mountain Titan got 1 shot mechanics and him you can’t just spam-kill before he casts like with Julra, but Julra are dead a few seconds after i enter the arena, so i didn’t even know that she had that hard mechanics.

There are problems with the T4 Julra fight no doubt (bugged invisible projectile attack, sitting in void beams sucks for melee, minions dropping like flies to the DoT, etc.) but there are many ways and builds to trivialize it.

I think this is your real problem here, Swarmblade dash does not have damage immunity or iframes afaik and it doesn’t have the fastest animation, you are better off just moving out of the DoT manually which is what builds that don’t have a reliable moveskill do and its not that bad.

Also note it is possible to fight Julra with no void puddles in the ruined era(turrets) or 1 void puddle in the divine era(no turrets) by simply timeshifting back after her explosions. She will not drop a puddle unless she timeshifts.

I’ve never had an issue with Julra and have a couple of chars that just murder her, if I need t4 forging so I am 100% unsure of the suggestion I am about to make…

If you cannot dash out the puddles for whatever reason, can’t you just switch time zone to avoid them?