Jabbafunk's 0.8.4 PURE LIGHTNING BLAST - Sorcery Supremacy

Some notes and quuestions from reading your guide again:

Armour shred

You have two items where you recommend armour shred. Do you want to go for two sources or only one of them and list both items to as potential slots?

For gearing going for one source of armour shred should be enough. With your high hit rate and the fact that enemies mostly have 0 base armour you will very fast see a big Diminishing Return. Reducing enemies amour by 5000 will give you 45% more damage but reducing it by 10000 gives 54% more damage. Thus, reaching this point and doubling your shred only gives

1.54 / 1.45 = 1.062 → 6.2% more damage.

Hitting 10 times the second with 100% chance to shred already gives you 40 stacks and thus a reduction of 4000 armour. I assume you hit far more often and thus see an even higher Diminishing Returns effect.

Tl;dr: One source of armour shred should be enough. Using an additional suffixes to get a decent amount of resistance or more life is probably better.

Shattershock

Is it really a 72% more multiplier? Reading the tooltip and it says or meaning that it will never be more than a 36% more multiplier. Should probably ask a dev about it or look through the discord history.

If both can be active at once they probably stack multiplicatively but I’m note sure. If they stack multiplicatively they would provide a

1.36 * 1.36 = 1.8496 → 84% more multiplier

Combos

This requires some practice in terms of timing because of the bug that makes Static Orb cast right on top of your character instead of the location of the cursor.

What is the bug here? Isn’t static orb supposed to start from your character and travel in the direction of the cursor? Maybe I don’t understand what you mean here. Otherwise: Did you do a bug report? :slight_smile:

Guide gets better every update! :wink:

2 Likes

The two modifiers on the shattershock node are applied separately so if the target is both shocked and chilled then you get 1.36 x 1.36 = 1.8496.

1 Like

I tried with just my amulet w armor shred but honestly having my t6 gloves as well (even when im losing 14% cast speed) actually helps a lot. I think it’s also worth mentioning the fact that youre not going to have top cast speed at all times, so being able to keep that stack is fairly good.

Thanks for the correction on shattershock, I’ll update it soon.

Also realised why I typed it, I think it hit my mirror lol.

I’ve included a 0:46 T4 Julra today with my new sets of gear.

Hi, I’m new to LE and I’m looking for a build that will be good to learn boss mechanics and farm items, what I care most about is not dying too often, will this build be good for a beginner, that if I make a mistake, stand in the wrong place (skipping one-shots) I will be able to survive, or better choose something else?

Welcome to the forums…

While I havent personally played this build (yet) it aims for a lot of uniques which might make it hard to play for someone new… Based on your description of your requirements (not dying while learning)… i would suggest a Sentinel build (easy to make a tanky build and relatively easy to understand)… or something that doesnt require as many uniques to make work…

You could try searching “builds” here on the forum… Boardman21 and various others post them,… You could also check out Last Epoch Builds for a clever link to builds posted on the forums or on Youtube by content creators…

Personally… my advice for anyone new to LE would be to just play and have fun discovering as you go… the campaign portion of the game is relatively easy and virtually any build can usually make it…

Also… G in game opens the game guide and the Community Game Guide are important resources to answer specific technical details.

2 Likes

Heya folks,

So I have a level 95 druid that is flat out deadly but I really want to try this build and my mages are mid level. Since my Druid is doing empowered I figured I would see if I could get the Empowered Reign of Dragons Unique that you all are talking about to drop for him but he is my ONLY character that I have Ever gotten into empowered so far and I don’t know what to expect from the boss fight. With other characters the Corpse Dragon was a pain simply because of the limited areas you could move in to be safe from the deadly area affects. I cannot find any information on this empowered fight when I google it. Is the fight the exact same? I kind of doubt it. What should I expect?

Oh heavenly bobs, I just realized I got this last time LOL. I think it’s in my stash. I think I read i should be looking for a LP on it though, is that correct? I don’t see that in the guide.

Nevermind, it’s been a long week lol. I guess that was Stormtide. It’s been a bad pain week. Lol. I don’t think I have any decent stormtide boots but as those are pretty random drops, I am just going to jump into the build now. I am really looking forward to it. It looks great. I have been looking for a great mage build for a LONG time. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply, I know there is a whole encyclopedia under G, I use it often. I’ve tried to do something on my own, but the huge amount of stats, synergies, items, is too overwhelming for me, and I usually ended up turning the game off, because unfortunately I quickly give up when something doesn’t work out.
That’s why I wanted to do something that works and is accessible to newbies, maybe that way I wouldn’t give up so quickly if something doesn’t work for me.
Anyway, I will look for something like you mentioned for Sentinel, thanks again for your help.

You could also try the various Levelling Build guides - this might help understand as you go…

So I of course don’t have an Orian’s Eye. I have three devotions but one just bites for this. The other two have +9% penetration and one has 50% increased lightning damage. I know that I may run across better at some point honestly but once I can use it, should I use that or should I try crafting instead?

I mean you just have to work with the gear you got. Eventually you’ll get better gear.

Figured out that spark charges actually do help with ailment stacking. I’ve been trying to weigh in between cast speed vs more armor shred % chance.

What are your thoughts on Arcane ascendance - Power oberload & Unstable energy nodes vs going Slow breathing > Shocking expanse > Mark of thunder?

Not sure if you tried that out already but I feel the increase in cast speed and damage is pretty noticeable not to mention my ward ramps up even faster

The cast speed increase is fairly useless because you’re limited to 16 casts to begin with. Not worth at all since it only gives 1% per second.

1 Like

…I completely forgot about the limited casts thing, I was mainly finding the benefit for stuff like when I enter a boss fight and they haven’t registered you yet, I pop arcane, throw down static orb, after a few seconds use the boss to get my ward real quick and on those the beacons/gate echoes where i stand there

but yea…I forgot how limited the casts were, thanks, I don’t know if they changed mark of thunder over the past year but I’ve been a bit hesistant to spec into it since no one could really find it useful before and it conventienly doesn’t have a alt info to give

HUGE update today, with the conversation against Prism Wraps and solution to Twisted Heart leech problems.

What level of corruption are you aiming to farm? When you get higher and enemies life a little longer it is far more easy to keep leech up running. It is also the area where TH gets better and better. If you kill fast in a few hits more damage is potential always better. Same is true for bosses as you argumented.

Found another small mistake:

Static Orb’s Allied Ground, 2 x Static Touch and Arcane Current : up to 145% shock effectiveness.
1.45 x 40 = 58% effective lightning resistance shred vs bosses at 20 stacks.

You are using the wrong base for the multiplication. It is

(1. + ‘shock effectiveness’) x 40% in your case (1. + 1.45) x 40% = 98%

1 Like

I think in my argument is that leech rate is a problem on its own, I know that with Prism Wraps you can definitely leech back to full, but I think due to the nature of Lightning Blast you can easily overcast without a target and ultimately lose health.

it also gets worse vs dodge monsters where you’re not healing but also losing health and not able to leech.

Thank you for the math correction.

Did you mean 2LP strong mind, not 3LP?

No, 3.

1 Like