Is VK Reversal the only reliable way to sustain mana with this class?

Seems the skill is in like 80% of builds because otherwise mana management feels clunky.

I had some ideas with Warpath, but most of them are apparently not even viable due to the “cannot regen mana while channeling” limitation (had to path into Dark Nexus for my current build). So I was wondering: what other good, reliable options are there for mana sustain besides Reversal? Are there even any??? :frowning:

Warpath specifically has multiple passives to either reduce cost or generate mana.

… That does not answer my question. I’m well aware about 2/5 Unchained + 1/1 Reckless Spin.

Can someone actually give me a straight answer? It’s not even for my Warpather.

Void well passive is a failsafe, but otherwise you already have the best options. Don’t build around massive cost abilities and you’ll be fine.

Right, but then why do we have massive cost abilities if there is no way to sustain them? :confused:

Main way is through Mana generator skills: Rive, Vengeance, Multistrike and Smite. There’s passives giving mana on hit with these skills. There’s also gear affixes(helm/chest) that can make them give even more mana and other synergies such as Judgement having the Deliverance skill node increasing mana gain on hit.

1 Like

Rive can play excellent support instead of be a damage dealer.
Time and Faith passive.
Skill tree nodes to turn off 3rd strike, pull in enemies, shred armor.

Time and Faith passive is quite nice as long as you are not using slow weapons like hammers.
Smite has a node that boosts your mana regen temporarily.

Also, all three sentinel masteries have passive nodes for mana regen.

1 Like

yea I was looking at Time and Faith for some of my build ideas, but it’s just not viable for a lot of others. Would absolutely love if they remove the cannot regen mana restriction from Warpath and/or give us alternative ways to get mana back. As it stands, just look at Leaderboards… I’m not exagerating when I say at least half of all builds use Reversal for nothing more than mana management. It’s never a good thing when an alternative seemingly becomes the only option. Hope EHG reconsiders.

On top of that Warpath appears to be only viable with Void Knight. If you play Paladin then it is even worse. Even the best warpath builds for Paladins are labeled “leveling”, which means you cannot take them past 100C.

All channeling skills in Last Epoch are, by design, unable to regenerate mana while channeling. Some have ways of recuperating mana such as Dark Nexus in Warpath or Subvention in Disintegrate.

Anyway the only time I see Reversal used for mana management is when it’s used in conjunction with Sigils of Hope. Otherwise it’s used for the substantial damage boost it provides.

Paladin Warpath can do empowered monoliths just fine.

So is everyone else just taking Dark Nexus and being forced to use a 2H or is there actually a way to sustain, say, dual wield Warpath, without needing Reversal?

You don’t need mana sustain for Warpath unless you:

A: Don’t want to use Unchained + Reckless spin
B: Weave in high cost abilities in between spinning
C: Have Warpath cast Smite or spawn Forged Weapons. Although the Forged Weapons bit works better with a 2hander.

I’ve played several DW Warpath builds and haven’t had any sustain issues while just spinning around.

Right, but I kinda wanted to do B and C on that list among other things and I can’t. lol

I get that you can spin infinitely at 0 cost, but what happens when you use mana and eventually run out? How do you get it back?

Well in that scenario Reversal is probably the best option. You could use a mana generator like Rive/Vengeance/Multistrike with Time and Faith but that starts getting a bit clunky. A third option could be to get some mana regen on gear/passives and just run around a bit but that sounds even worse. Otherwise there aren’t any good options.

You’re stuck with Reversal if you want to put a hard hitter in between spins. But it’s so good even without the mana sustain that it’s not a drawback IMO.

But that proves my point: it’s like the only real option. Don’t you guys see a flaw in this?

Reversal needs to be brought down, and other ways to regen mana, up. I know that will probably ruffle some people’s feathers because they’re using Reversal atm, but it’s the truth… it’s not even “my opinion”; it’s just how modern game design works. You have a skill that is overperforming everything else so incredibly hard that it becomes the only way to do something and that is not a good thing. I don’t expect changes before 1.1, but I would like to see some alternatives (new passives?) by then. Here’s hoping…

While I concur that certain abilities shouldn’t be auto picks for any build, I disagree with the notion that it’s a flawed game design. EHG have made a design choice to not let channeled abilities regenerate mana while being actively used. It is then up to us to plan our builds around that design.

In the case of Warpath there are options to maintain your mana despite using a high cost ability in between spins. Some are better than others.

Out of curiosity what abilities are you using?

1 Like

Reversal cooldown got pretty heavily nerfed around 0.9.0 (Mana regain version). And we just got new item slots and affixes for flat mana and mana regen in 1.0…

Don’t misconstrue me… I’m not suggesting we should be an exception to the rule. I’d noticed most (all?) channeling abilities are unable to regen mana while channeling. However, there could be solutions to how narrow the options for Warpath are atm (e.g. make it so Warpath hits give mana per hit while dual wielding or simply add Warpath to Time and Faith, although I’m sure they already considered that option).

My current Fire Warpather is running Healing Hands for movement, Smite for the additional fire/ignite on attacks, Sigils for the same reason and Holy Aura, mainly for burst.

I got this other guy I’m making atm. He’s a Forge Guard. Currently getting mana back through Multistrike with T+F. That said, I had a lot of other ideas with Warpath (I wanted to make like a CoC Smite thing), but I guess there’s only two ways to play the skill atm? Correct me if I’m wrong; I’m all for learning. :stuck_out_tongue:

People offered a few good options but each time, you add another constraint to invalid it.

So, sure, IF you want to use warpath with other high cost abilities or manavore triggers, and IF you don’t want to invest in Unchained, and IF you don’t want to use mana generators like Rive+T&F, and IF you don’t want to invest in mana regen and sometimes not be channeling warpath… then yeah, your best bet is Volatile reversal. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t get me wrong, I agree a new option would be great, but I don’t think it’s that walk-in-the-desert that you’re portraying.

For me, before having my endgame setup on a sentinel, I often go for Rebuke with the mana regen nodes (and every boosts on the left side of the tree). It’s slow but it’s not that bad. :smiley:

2 Likes