Is there a general indication on when we can hear about cycle 2?

As per title,

Just wondering if there is a rough idea or know when we could hear a little bit more about the 2nd cycle?

Ive been thoroughly enjoying the game pre release and 1.0. It was exciting using the factions this cycle to push builds with items i could only dream of in EA.

Would love to know a bit more about what we could expect inthe 2nd cycle or a rough idea of when we could expect to hear more news about it.

1 Like

Most ARPGs don’t announce seasonal content until a week or two before it goes live. I wouldn’t expect details on 1.1 this early, either. They’ve teased pinnacle bosses and little else.

The best way to get little bits of info is from Mike’s weekly Friday dev streams on Twitch.

LastEpochGame - Twitch

1 Like

This is not Diablo 4, where they announce next season three months before to get some attention from the community.

D4 does not announce what the next season is until a couple weeks before it goes live. Season 4 was different because of all of the systematic changes coming and the ptr test.

Stop reaching pal

4 Likes

Cycles will last for about 3-4 months.

Going off that game launched February 21st. Around may or june is abouy when we would hear more info about 1.1 cycle

1 Like

season 2 was announced after 1 month of season 1 if you dont play game dont talk shit you dont know…

2 Likes

Is that a reference to 8-mile? Shouldn’t it be "YourePacNone as in “you’re Pac, none”. That’s kind of embarrassing, no? I wonder if you can change that, I hope so.

1 Like

I still don’t get the reference.

Week or two seems fast, most games normally announce it 4 weeks to month or two ahead?

Also, I don’t think they should even do a season 2 even if the time comes for the avg 3-4 month cycle if they are not ready. This game would’ve and shouldve stayed in beta if it was at the state it currently is.

4 Likes

No. D4 is in an odd state right now, because they’re desperate to keep people from leaving the game for good and shouldn’t be compared to successful ARPGs.

4 Likes

I don’t disagree. I can see they are desperate as well which is why they made such a big change so quickly which happens to be exactly identical to the crafting system here.

I mean there isn’t much competition in the arpg world, let alone mmo-aprg… Successful is only PoE right now?? and now LE.

As for solo arpgs, there are several great titles since the birth of D4 but those content usually gets dead even sooner.

I am still waiting for the day and believe one day, blizzard will learn that they just needed to make another expansion for D2X as like when the first expansion first dropped.

PoE 1.0 was much much worse, look at them now.

2 Likes

Yes, PoE is the the only success mmoaprg I see. And this is a strong competitor.

D4 is junk which is why they are eager to release such a big change… I already see one of those uniques forcing majority to be frozen orb sorc

1 Like

Lmao.

Within a week it sold over 10 million copies and made over a billion dollars. It is one of the MOST successful arpgs of all time.

It has an higher average player count than Poe and LE. It’s just the hardcore arpg players and top arpg streamers are playing Poe and LE. So of course it sounds like d4 is failing. You forget the casual couch gamers like on console are playing d4. You just don’t hear about them because they don’t care about looking up guides, watching streamers, or just in general following these other games.

Like the “D4 bad Andy’s” are just a super small community. They just happen to be a very loud community lol

4 Likes

D3 sold over 65 million and it’s still far from being a good ARPG. Just because it sold a lot doesn’t mean it’s good.

EDIT: Not saying that D3/D4 aren’t good games. They’re just clearly targetted to the casual player, which isn’t the target for PoE, GD or LE.

3 Likes

I’m one of those D4 is bad andy’s and will say that it was disappointing. Almost all games have it’s pros and cons. While D4 still has many pro’s, it’s not ideal since many of its fanbase are loyal franchise lovers, mainly D2.

Sure, there will be many out there that wasn’t a fan and feel the same way but majority are/were loyal Diablo fans because of D2 which was classified as a masterpiece in the genre for many many years.

If they were to make another expansion of D2 successful like when expansion just dropped, full of content, I can see that era all over again. Just look at how successful D2R launch was and that is with absolutely no new content. If they provided such as when expansion dropped? Fuhgeddaboudit

Fast forward today, many new generation gamers are unfamiliar with the arpg genre. It’s not like a FPS or Console game that is advertised and marketed higher, with all sorts of famous people.

I think more “D4 bad andy’s” are deeper into it then the simple, they are not making money. For expectations for a game, majority comparing to their masterpiece, D2, on top of comparing the funds and resources they have, they definitely truly are underperforming which is most likely the reason why they had to upgrade the crafting system so suddenly and coincidentally is identical to LE.

1 Like

I think that’s what people need to understand.

Being targeted towards a “casual” audience doesn’t make it a bad game.

The opposite is true as well. Being a complex game targeted towards hardcore players doesn’t mean it a good game. (Not saying Poe is bad, we know it’s good.) A casual player hopping on poe is going to say Poe isn’t a good game because it’s too complex.

Personally I don’t care for Poe. I play video games to unwind. Poe’s complexity is too over the top for me. LE is about right for me in terms of complexity. Not too hard. D4 is very casual friendly, which I love. I can hop on and not have to think at all lol

1 Like

I actually disagree with this. After the D3 fiasco, most D2 players went back to D2. And over time migrated to PoE.
Many D2 players might have bought D4 hoping for the best (like I did), but they didn’t stay for long. PoE is more D2 than D3/D4 are.
And many are now coming to LE as well.

1 Like

A lot of that was pre-sales, based on the 20 levels of the previews, which were pretty good! D4 isn’t the worst game ever, but considering the franchise and the resources at Blizzard’s disposal, it’s been a big disappointment for a lot of Diablo fans.

1 Like

I think we also need to see where arpg players first started.

If your first time into the genre was d1 or d2, then it makes sense that Poe and somewhat le is what you prefer over d4.

If d3 was your first into the genre (which has over 65 million players so it makes sense that it was many people’s first, mine included,) that you probably prefer d4 over Poe and LE.

2 Likes