Is anybody else feeling underwhelmed by the 1.1 cycle annoucnment?

I am more concerned about the boss fights being actual “boss fights”, like we know from PoE. Most of the boss fights in LE currently, is pretty vague - and u just hope u can one shot the boss, that is just bad design, you need to combine sound / visuals / mechanics to create some awesome boss fights like we see in PoE. So i really hope they arent dissapointing, and live up to being some decent boss fights, with all these combined. Honestly i think every single boss needs a rework, i dont mind using 5-10 minutes killing a boss, as long as its a fair fight - but these current ones in monoliths and dungeons is super dissapointing.
atleast 70-80% of all the PoE streamers old / new ones, say they like PoE from the boss fights - LE could be that one game with the most Epic boss fights ever, definitely a niche to go towards i think atleast.

1 Like

It’s not the size of the playerbase but more the amount of sales (which playerbase is the only public indicator of sales data we have). That means they gained a massive surge of income which could/should be used to hire more staff. It’s not a small number either. There are much bigger studios that have less numbers.

Correct. They should have an office now. From someone that was a manager in an office and then worked remotely during COVID I know first hand that productivity takes a massive hit when people work remote. Finding good devs is hard but not impossible. You act like it is beyond their capability to hire decent employees.

No buddy, and you don’t need to be toxic to have a discussion. I said from a glance. Over half of the new uniques and the second thing highlighted in patch notes was… EVADE. It is speculation, I did not ignore everything else but it doesn’t take a genius to figure out how much time was spent create seperate animations for every class and transformation. Try not to glaze over that bit.

1.3 too late

1 Like

Holding the opinion that you can just hire a bunch of new devs and immediately have them start hammering out big important things is like a big flashing sign that says “I am a high school or college student who has only worked in unskilled labor”. That opinion doesn’t tend to survive employment in fields that require skill and experience.

1 Like

From someone who works a high level corporate job in a tech company hearing an opinion from someone who lives on online gaming forums doesn’t hold much weight either.

3 Likes

Like I said - Holding the opinion that you can just hire a bunch of new devs and immediately have them start hammering out big important things […] doesn’t tend to survive employment in fields that require skill and experience. Thanks for confirming I was correct.

:wink:

2 Likes

Don’t worry, everyone on this forum is a game designer with a PhD in marketing and a masters in business management. They also have networking certifications and a psychic like ability to accurately predict the future and what will happen if EHG doesn’t make the exact changes they assess as needed, to their team structure, business practices, release cadence, and / or specific gameplay items.

You’ll fit right in.

5 Likes

That is untrue. Employees that are financially rewarded for doing a good job will do a good job regardless if their in office or not. When people work at the office, it does not change the fact they got no incentive to do a good job. You dont benefit if the game /product does well so why try at all. You get your pay check and then you leave.

Want good work? Start paying

2 Likes

In a fantasy world you would be correct. People would know how to behave, show up on time, do the actual tasks when out of an office setting. Many do not.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m pro mixed workplace and remote but having only remote work is bad for business. You need human face to face interaction.

Let me be the one who says what every single employee will never voice… no one cares about the co-workers, the skrim meetings, the fake smiles, the hand shaking, the boring 2 hour meeting in person that results in nothing but wasting your own time, the 8 hours workplace where you do 1 hour of work in 8 hour day.

People want to finish their work in 2 hours tops, and get- out. No one does work at the office. You think they do, because managers have never seen productive people. No employee will ever do work, as they are paid either per hour, or per year. Neither gives the incentive to do work. So if you employ people, free info for you. I wont even charge you 50K for this info via consultation.

Back to the point: EHG dont need an office. What they need is to offer employees profit sharing to make them care about doing a good job.

1 Like

You fail to understand that nerfing over performing builds is over-all healthier for the game. The game has an in-game item market system reliant on points that are more easily farmed at higher corruptions & a competitive ladder system. If you allow a select few builds to vastly over-perform, those become a standard for anyone trying to compete with both the market and with other players on the ladder.

You could, in theory, raise the power level of all other builds, rather than nerfing the really good ones. But the devs have a point of balance in mind for their game, and so they are working around that point. If they had wanted all builds to get 2000c, than they’d balance around that, and we’d have this discussion all the same.

1 Like

Well gold is relative. If there is less gold in circulation due to lower amounts being generated and no exploits this time around (good luck on that you MG guys), prices of items will be lower as well.

Regarding LP, I would say that it does increase the further you go. This is based on my personal progression that went from targeting uniques to targeting exalteds to targeting uniques again.

When I switched to exalteds, I was around 1,200 corruption by the end of May and the amount of LP 2-4 I got before that was certainly smaller than it was last week at 2k corruption.

1 Like

yes, I’ve been asking why can’t they either show all game modes in the ladder or just provide an excel file extract data dump of the standings of all characters from all the leagues at least. So it shows they don’t have a lot of resources I guess.

No offense, but in the context of an LE discussion what’s outside LE doesn’t matter. It’s a given that you have higher priorities outside the game as an adult who doesn’t live off the game. This is like po__ng in a pi__ng contest - you don’t win.

The beauty of gaming as a hobby is that we can fade out the real world and be measured by our ingame/forums behaviour and deeds instead of our physical prowess or daddy’s credit card. If you feel like making no effort for it’s “only a game”, that’s your choice (as long as it’s single player), but don’t bother or belittle those who do.

Even from a glance, it clearly shows that it was way less than 80%.

2-4 require a lot more development (especially considering that it’s a whole new faction as well) than simply adding evade.

Uniques mentioning evade (7):
Fingers of the Phantom Mire, Flames of midnight, Stealth, Carcinization of momentum, Triboelectra, Event horizon, Nihilis
Uniques not mentioning evade (23):
Cruelty, Grim constitution, Scales of Lemmiscate, Bane of winter, Celestial doom, Monument of protection, Orian’s sun seal, Palaru’s sacred light, Phantom grip, The inevitable, World Splitter, Black blade of chaos, Phase point, Razorfall, Traitor’s tongue, Naal’s tooth, Plague dragon’s tongue, Yrun’s penance, Null portent, Seed of Ekkidrasil, Wall of nothing, Harbinger’s needle, Egg

Clearly more than half.

Like with your point above, hyperbole is fun to use when you don’t have actual arguments to back it up.

Listening to the community doesn’t mean doing everything the community wants. Some of the things the community wants is a net negative for the game.
In this case, reworking classes from the ground up would require a much longer time. So either they only “fix” 1-2 classes per patch, or they do what they did, which is to introduce some new stuff for older classes while reining in the most OP ones.

Bosses in LE are pretty much like in PoE. The only thing they don’t have is audio cues, but they still have mechanics and they have visual cues. Everything is clearly telegraphed. Especially the one-shot mechanics.

This isn’t true. It totally depends on your management/team. Our company kept people working remotely after Covid and productivity actually increased. This is the case for many software companies. Working at home can be more productive, as long as it’s managed properly.

In fact, when we have work weeks where we all have to go to the office, productivity actually goes down, because people get more distracted talking, their setup isn’t as good as at home (for example, I have 4 monitors and work much more efficiently that way than with just 1-2), etc.

3 Likes

Well first off, listening and complying are different things. It’s their job to weed out the bad suggestions. And if they “fail” to comply with our good suggestions, we have to remind them of those :wink:

You are right that there are many active and passive skills left that deserve a rework and I’m positive that we’ll see those eventually. Doing it all at once seems kinda impossible though, even with the best of intentions it would take much longer and would probably bring another cycle of imbalance. Just let them gradually adjust over- and underperformers and see where we end up in a year. As if you’d have the time or motivation to play 25 classes in cycle 2.

I also agree that these balancing changes are the most vital part of 1.1, but I rather have part balance changes and part new content than only balance changes.

4 Likes

Everybody selectively ignores feedback, but unless you’ve been living under a rock (or a basement) EHG is one of the better ones in regard to listening to the community.

That’s your imagination, just like it’s your imagination that EHG are the witting/unwitting pawns of a global elite/the diabolical CCP to eradicate Western civilisation through egregious MTX & RNG or whatever it is you believe.

That is not a thing that would happen in the space of just one league. Nerfs to the most egregious skills/builds are needed.

Did you create a straw pole to get that statistic? 'Cause I’m going to call bullshit on it.

If you’re going to ignore the telegraphs & mechanics, yeah, I guess…

There may be some poor design but this just sounds like bad players tbh.

Why? They’re based all over the world. Would it be a goid use of funds to relocate everyone, assuming that’s evwn possible?

No, they just aren’t based in a single location. Or continent.

But you managed to miss everything, or deem it trivial/irrelevant, that’s not evade.

Yeah, employees that give a shit & want to do a good job will do a good job, those that don’t, wont. That’s not to say that there won’t be benefits to all being based in the same office, but there are also downsides.

4 Likes

Nah. Using video games as a proxy for accomplishments you do not have in endeavors that have actual meaning to the point that you have emotional over-reactions when fake numbers get smaller is flat out dysfunctional. It doesn’t need to be respected and the only reason anyone takes it seriously is because we’re on the internet where those same emotionally stunted gamers get to dominate the conversation. I’m not going to stop looking down my nose at alleged adults who treat game devs trying to give the world something fun like they’re The Help, and act like they’ve been harmed by imaginary math being different than they want it to be.

1 Like

In point of fact, I am less productive on the days I have to be in the office, because when I’m at home I don’t have people constantly appearing at my desk instead of sending me a Slack or an e-mail, constantly forcing me to context switch instead of letting me decide when I have the bandwidth to engage with them. I’m not routinely distracted by loud conversations, I don’t get pulled into long lunches, and I can at any moment take a few minutes of relaxation in the comfort of my home if I’m stuck or frustrated with something difficult. And while socially it can be nice, there has been no point whatsoever where interacting with my peers and co-workers face-to-face has benefitted my actual work.

The idea that office always = productivity is the exclusive province of boomers and paper shufflers.

1 Like

Haha, this is so pitiful, you sound like the guy I described in my blurred part. Did Michael Jordan look down on everyone in baseball while playing it because he was a basketball legend? I don’t think so. Did anyone in baseball care?

Talk about external accomplishments all you want but within LE they have no meaning, no matter how irrelevant any LE accomplishments may be.

I mean, playing in the MLB is still a real accomplishment, so I don’t know why you think this is at all analogous to deriding people who throw a fit and become toxic jerks over fake video game numbers not being what they want them to be. People who have real things to be proud of in their lives don’t assign that level of importance to their accomplishments in video games (or any other equivalent hobby).

And even if it were, somehow I don’t think Michael Jordan would be defending a baseball player who spit in an umpire’s face after catching a call they didn’t like.

1 Like