Is anybody else feeling underwhelmed by the 1.1 cycle annoucnment?

I suppose because if you wanted to run void knight, just do that instead. Picking forge guard just for the title is like running a lambo body on a car, but sticking in the engine of a used toyota carolla. Makes no sense. Not like forge guard passives are better then void knight

But your Forge Guard running Healing totally isn’t like a Paladin and totally counts, right? :ghost:

I would call that a bad build.

I guess those 54 points in Forge Guard passives don’t count either :clown_face:

Here you go. I hope Shield Throw and Manifest Armor are Forge Guard-y skills enough to count as a Forge Guard build.

2 Likes

I just want to say Hi Mom! Where`s my meatloaf!

You said that there was only 1 way to play Forge Guard. You abused retaliation and defenses and cleared bosses in 20 minutes with warpath with shields up.
I showed you one way that doesn’t use any of that and that kills bosses fast. Psojed also linked a video of a shade one-shot.

So clearly there are more ways to play it and even push higher corruption.

This doesn’t mean that Forge Guard wasn’t in need of some love, but it wasn’t as useless as people make it out to be.

2 Likes

Really neat build. Gonna try it at some point

Ye i am happy to be shown be wrong in this case. Still want to see it become more intuitive.

1 Like

It should be. There were a few buffs for them and a bunch on nice uniques.

i really didnt want a dodge. i hate d4 lol

vibes way off for me now. ill give it a shot tho

Good news. You can exchange it for a crab.

It even makes sense. People with crabs are usually uncomfortable and have a harder time evading.

2 Likes

Knowing that you’re better than you were. Not everybody wants to have the game be akin to an autoclicker where you delete screens with a single button & rarely see mobs. Plus some people just like to be challenged so that they can overcome it.

Because there were two shiny new classes that had much higher power level & some new skills (eg, Healing Hands) that were way more powerful than they should be?

2 Likes

I agree. I really can’t excuse them for providing us with indie dripfed content anymore while they have a AAA sized playerbase. Maybe a month or so after 1.0 is reasonable because they didn’t expect the massive numbers but after the initial shock they really should have hired MANY new employees to pump out content and rented a new office to accommodate. If the managers don’t know how to handle a larger team that’s why companies pay good money for new ones. If the next cycle is as low content as this one, I likely will not be coming back for a year or so. I’ve been here since early beta testing and still feel like i’m beta testing every four months.

That’s what frustrates me the most. From a glance it looks like 80% of the development time between 1.0 and now has been focused on evade. Even most of the new uniques revolve around it. I think I saw one post like 3 months ago on Reddit with like 20 people agreeing that we should have a dodge roll in game. It baffles me that this turned into their primary focus this cycle.

They likely felt pressured by time/money and other ARPG releases and I think they were expecting the cash shop to be a major boost. Unfortunately even their cash shop lacks anything worth purchasing at the moment.

It’s like nobody remembers how hype Wolcen was. This situation is nearly identical minus the fact that EHG is actually good at communicating with the community. Wolcen released a buggy mess, probably should have been in beta still, the servers didn’t work, they got over 180,000 players on their 1.0 release. Then instead of fixing the issues immediately the sat on updates and fixes for months. Then proceeded to drip feed content just like this. By the time they released a real update (Wolcen Endgame) it was two years too late.

I only mention it because it is not too late YET to fix. If a studio making a live service game fails to adapt to the growing playerbase they will collapse. Wolcen was one example but their are many similar outside the genre. Their still is some hype but this and next cycle will likely be the last chance they get before PoE2 decimates.

While I do really want some other features/content, I don’t think it was entirely a waste to make evade. If they want to design bosses with movement skills in mind, everyone needs easy access to a movement skill so that traversal skills aren’t just a requirement for every build.

That said, idk that we needed a bunch of unique hooks into evade at this point. But again, it’s hard to know what that took dev time away from. Are the people making those items the same ones that could have say, finished the campaign or updated some systems that still need work? idk.

1 Like

We are assuming the goal was ever to keep said live service running. If they had 4 years of revenue from the 28M they gained. And they been in EA for 5. Who is to say, they even broke even, if tencent had a minority stake. Logic means to run a skeleton crew for a year.

The hotness of this take is off the charts.

You do realise it’s not the size of the playerbase that determins how quickly they can get content out don’t you?

They don’t have an office. And on-boarding employees isn’t as simple as just hiring them & immediately they’re pumping out stuff like a seasoned professional with a triple A sized company to support & direct them.

Did your eyes glaze over when you read that bit & ignored everything else?

That’s because it hasn’t. There’s bosses, uniques, skill balance & stuff.

Good thing we’re getting an end-game update in 1.3 (I think, maybe 1.4?).

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to starting it, though I must say I’m more than a little confused as to what the difference between legacy and cycle is - besides the leaderboards.
I still think that the patch has been pretty heavy handed on the nerfs, but I’m starting to see the need for them in order to bring all classes onto a reasonably level playing field. Also, it is probably best they get as much of the serious groundwork laid if they want to have a successful long-term game - i.e. they’d be ill-advised to repeat this nerf-fest or they’re likely to alienate players.
I just wish 1.1 was here already!

It aint the nerfs that make me mad. Its that they ignored feedback selectivly. They follow feedback when its in a poll which is a problem, but regarding the need to fix and rework all classes from ground up they gone silent to.

I hate currated narcissism as much as i hate and loath when devs say they listen, but only listen to what they find convenient. I read thousands of comments and topics about how they need to rework classes and fix base line issues. Instead, they make a pole, with leading and heavily skewed pole.

1.1 SHOULD HAVE BEEN A FULL REWORK. NOT SOME NERFS. Pinnicale content could have been stalled for 1.9 and no one would care from the major playerbase. As this is more important to 99% of players

1 Like