Intermittent Black Screen During Play

Hello, I am running a RTX 4070 and since downloading yesterday I have had so many problems with black screens it’s insane. I seem to get them every 5 seconds or so where it goes black, I can hear the sound and it stays black for 2-3 seconds (which is enough time to die for sure at times).

I have uninstalled drivers using DDU, reinstalled the game, ran a heaven benchmark with no issues on “high” getting a max frame rate of 271 and a min of 12.

I want to love the game but this is severely hampering it for me. This is the ONLY game I have issues with and D4 on the highest settings is butter smooth. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great please.

Thanks very much!

3 Likes

Here is the video I captured of it: https://imgur.com/a/36i6OKy

Hope there is help out there!

1 Like

Having the same issue, instead my black screen stays and fans go berserk. I had to restart the pc to get in the game again. Happens every 20-30 minutes or so. I dont know what’s causing it, its just randomly happens for me, I wish this could get fixed

Just wondering if you ever found a fix for this — my issue is identical to yours, tried basically everything. GTX 1070, AMD 2700X.

Same problem here with the pc crashing every 5-15 mins amd 5850x and gtx 3080 card, clean DDU and upgraded bios, only game that it happens to aswell, did try to see if my grafic card was end of life by playing cyberpunk and stresstest in 3dmark for a period of time, no problem at all.

So with the 1.0 update everything seems to be l working for me now luckily. What I did discover before however is I would open the game, before I logged in I would change the resolution to 1920x1080, sign in to my character, then change the resolution back to my ultra wide normal resolution and everything worked perfect. If I logged to another character, I changed back to 1920x1080 before returning to character select.

Hope that helps!!

For what it’s worth, for anyone else who’s been searching frantically because frankly when this problem is persistent the game is near unplayable, I fixed it by under clocking my GPU in MSI Afterburner. Not a great solution but I’ve been playing for hours with no flickering.

Hi, I have offten the same issue with black screen / flickering of a screen when I start the game. It first started since the last week (no issue before), but doesnt happen every time i run the game.
Ive tried various tips Ive found online (resolution changes/borderless mode/vsync/overlays turned off/reinstall of the game, etc.), win+drivers up to date. Sometimes changing graphic settings ingame (switching between resolutions and borderless/fullscreen and streamer mode helps, but not always).
Ive seen multiple reports here and on discord with same issue but no response from the devs. I can provide logs or w/e is needed to help fix… Right now im having screen flickers immediately when I start the game, my monitor basicaly turns off every few secons for few seconds, cant even access the settings, this issue makes the game unplayable.

Same issue as above. Through all patches. Every few hours and my graphic card goes crazy high with black screen and exactly as on the video above.
RTX 4070i , AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D , SSD
Doesnt happened in other games or high performance graphic software so I have to bet it is Last Epoch related.
Good luck in fixing as topic looks like 2 months old already

Hey, took me two days of trail-and-error but i’ve finaly identified the cause, at least on my side, its refresh rate frequency of my monitor. My monitor supports 144hz so logicaly I run 144hz, but when I lowered to 60hz all issues were gone. Further trying and testing with various ingame graphing setting doesnt help (whatever I set ingame breaks the game with 144hz again). Its weird that I played on 144hz before without any issue, so it seems like its related to one of the last LE updates.
Hope this tip helps.

1 Like