Instead of auto loot affix, how about a keyboard button to AOE loot shards near the player?

Think about it, its much easier than picking it up by mouse.

You could even go farther and add a parameter for filter rules that “Gets picked up with AOE loot button” so the same button picks up specific items in your filter rules, but not just any unhidden item

3 Likes

That’s what Sacred 2 did.

One of my all-time favorite games. So much potential, too bad it was so unknown to most people.

1 Like

This is just auto-looting with an extra step.

1 Like

…so is the current system if you want to be pedantic.

1 Like

It really isn’t. Let’s do a thought experiment.

Right now, I want you to go do two things:

1. Automate repeatedly pressing one key on your keyboard.
  2. Automate detecting where loot exists on your screen and sending a mouse click there, without it interfering with your ability to control your character as you play.

Let me know how long it takes you to do each.

1 Like

oh so Not Auto-looting is auto looting with extra steps but Also Not Auto-Looting isnt Auto-looting with extra steps?

Dodging the point as hard as you are just tells me that you have no rebuttal and you know it.

What you want is to pick up loot without having to think about it or interact with it. You aren’t going to get that. I recommend giving up.

1 Like

Dodging the point as hard as you are just tells me that you have no rebuttal and you know it.

Or, maybe I’m genuinely wondering “why does this guy want to have a semantic argument about what “auto looting with extra steps” is”

You aren’t going to get what you want. I recommend giving up.

You dont decide that, the devs do. You can keep pretending like you have a say on it if it makes you feel better though.

Man really got straight up rude in this thread over nothing. Gamer moment.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, the internet and to Bronco. Like him, or not, he’s pretty abrasive. But he’s also pretty helpful and knowledgeable.

I would have just said “So, what you’re asking for is a looting editor?” :wink:

I think we both know that you’re not.

And that’s exactly why I can say that you aren’t going to get what you want. The devs already decided that they are not going to give you the ability to autoloot that you are asking for, and they’ve said so repeatedly. :slight_smile:

So, I recommend giving up.

Honestly? 'Cause it’s Bronco. There are cough certain forum members who just like arguing over semantics & splitting hairs down to the planck length.

If you think he’s been rude, you might want to avoid the spicier areas of the internet.

The devs have previously described stuff like this as “auto loot with extra steps, ain’t gonna happen”…

You know when you said “Man really got straight up rude in this thread over nothing.”, you might want to have a look at the plank in your own eye before casting aspersions.

2 Likes

I mean, I totally do, but this isn’t one of those times.

The devs already decided that they are not going to give you the ability to autoloot

Good thing I didnt ask for Auto Looting.

I think we both know that you’re not.

Lol, I really am. I guess someone who does this kind of argument 24/7 wouldnt be able to fathom someone else not seeing the point in it. You seem to enjoy telling me what I think as much as you enjoy telling other people what you think the devs think. Just try speaking for yourself for once.

Anyway, at the end of the day, this post is feedback directed at the devs, not other players. Even if they said they dont want to do it, and I dont even know if they specifically addressed my incarnation of the topic, players asking for it may change their minds. You have no clue if they will change looting or not.

Whether or not they change their minds is again, up to the devs. Its baffling random users think they can speak for the dev team.

Honestly? 'Cause it’s Bronco. There are cough certain forum members who just like arguing over semantics & splitting hairs down to the planck length.

Thats not a good thing and isnt something I want to interact with.

If you think he’s been rude, you might want to avoid the spicier areas of the internet.

Yea, he has been rude.

The devs have previously described stuff like this as “auto loot with extra steps, ain’t gonna happen”

If they have addressed my specific request on the topic, then so be it. However, I do not live in the forums and do not know every single statement the devs have made, and even if they did address it, giving feedback is still proper. If you would like to suggest something change, you post it to the suggestion forum, whether or not they have talked about it previously.

You know when you said “Man really got straight up rude in this thread over nothing.”, you might want to have a look at the plank in your own eye before casting aspersions.

I have no idea what this even means to be honest.

i think in one of the dev streams this came up and he said it would be too easy to automate so they will never implement it.

i have an idea to add friction to a system like this though so its harder to abuse
by making it some sort of channel and release ability, eg. hold the loot button and channel in place for 1 second then it picks up items in X radius, this way the player still has to engage with the looting of items and its much harder to automate, as an addition you could make the the looting radius scale with how long you channel the skill so there is fidelity in how much stuff you want to pickup all at once.

Yes, you did. There is no functional distinction between the game directly picking up loot for you and the game giving you a keybind that picks up loot for you which any keyboard made in the last 15 years can automate.

The only difference is that the latter lets you dishonestly claim that you totally aren’t asking for auto looting when really, you are. Whether you’re lying to yourself or just to everyone else is immaterial. What you asked for is nothing more than a feature that facilitates the automatic transfer of items from the ground to your inventory - AKA, auto looting.

Unfortunately for you, that’s not what a discussion forum is. Posting on a forum is an invitation for responses from other players. If that’s not something you can stomach, they have an e-mail address.

It’s definitely very bizarre that human beings can repeat what other human beings have said previously.

It means people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

1 Like

Yes, you did.

No i didnt.

You literally have to press a key to pick up the loot. Thats not auto. Perhaps you need a dictionary.

Unfortunately for you, that’s not what a discussion forum is.

I mean you can type what you want under my post that doesnt mean my feedback was directed at you and not the devs.

It’s definitely very bizarre that human beings can repeat what other human beings have said previously.

Its definitely very bizzare that you have never seem to heard of the concept of “devs changing their game based on feedback”

It means people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Im very much of the opinion that theres nothing wrong with being rude back to someone who was rude to you first. Verbal self defence.

You are looking to win this argument and you’re just not.

I see you typing a bunch and im just going to point out:

If someone can code a bot to do and clear a map while auto looting if actual auto loot existed, they wouldnt have any problem clearing the map and just going back and looting with the mouse when the map is cleared.

make new account > import filter > clear maps > backtrack the cleared map using the bot to pick up loot with the mouse instead of keyboard keys or auto looting - this would only be slightly harder for the progammer who made the bot to do Lol.

This one point makes your entire argument about why autoloot shouldnt be allowed moot.

im not gonna read your reply so have fun with that. Feedback posted for the devs, and thats all that matters.

You literally have to press a key to cast spells. And yet using Numlock to automate key presses so that you can cast spells repeatedly without any direct action is called… checks notes… “auto-casting”! So… Are we deriding semantics arguments, here, or no?

Anyway:

You are not refuting that reality by being deliberately obtuse and pretending you don’t understand it.

Do not expect anyone to believe you don’t want auto looting when you asked for an area loot keybind that can be automated by anyone with zero thought or effort, which also respects loot filter rules. It’s disingenuous and it’s painfully transparent.

They’re not going to give you auto-looting features based on feedback, no matter how much of it they get. They’ve said so, and I think you know that, otherwise you wouldn’t have acknowledged it by saying “Instead of auto loot affix…” in your title. :wink:

Thank you for finally admitting (albeit through a Freudian slip) that the whole time you were, in fact, asking for auto-loot. :wink:

Yes you are. :slight_smile:

1 Like