Increase in FPS drops, never occurred until last month

Game Logsle_graphicsmanager.ini (476 Bytes)
DxDiag.txt (95.0 KB)
I have played Last Epoch since this past August and hardly ever had any FPS or lag issues, at least not noticeably until several weeks ago. I am now almost constantly dropping FPS while running echoes, despite whichever character or skills I play. I have already conducted the normal troubleshooting on my PC from my end. I have included the requested files. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Hey there…

Unfortunately the game logs are behind the Google access control…
You should be able to zip them if you cannot attach them normally directly to this thread uncompressed…

You dont provide any metrics to go on… i.e. what does constantly dropping FPS actually mean? i.e. you average 60fps but now its dropping to 5fps? or 30fps? When you you notice this? i.e. does it happen after a few echos from starting up the game or randomnly… etc… something to quantify/be more specific with your experience

As there wasnt any game update “several weeks ago”, can you think of something that may have changed on your system - anything that you installed, updated, fixed, added to your system? New sofware?

From your system setup, your GPU is likely to be the limiting factor from a hardware perspective… I run the same GPU (3gb version) and use Very Low settings with all special features disabled (e.g. grass) or on its lowest setting to ensure a decent 50-60fps @ 1080p with good game stability… So your additional Vram is likely to allow you to run a little higher quality textures but not much more in my experience with the current version of the game.

Your dxdiag diagnostics - at the end of the file - show:

• Your Razer sofware is not happy (GameManagerService3.exe) and is causing crashes… There have been problems in the past with input hardware applications causing problems with Unity based games - Razer and older Corsair apps specifically. Cannot say if this is directly involved, but its something to check and make sure that all the drivers/apps etc are updated.

• You are getting Matching binary: wstorvsp.inf missing for component amd64_dual_wstorvsp.inf errors… A quick Google of this seems to indicate that this may be a messed up Windows Update… This specific error code & message has been reported with people getting bluescreens too. I would recommend that you see about checking that this issue is resolved and not causing underlying issues… Windows Update process(es) have been known to cause intermittent performance issues - I personally had this happen to me - Windows Update was struggling with an update in background and kept retrying over a few days and caused LE performance to degrade until I dealt with it… You may need to also consider running Windows System File Checker.

• There is also a single error report on the Windows Immersive Control panel - I am not sure if this was just something that borked or if its indicating any other underlying issue…

• Based on the errors above, I would also suggest that you View Reliability History on your system and see what errors windows is reporting and make 100% sure they are resolved or can be ignored as possible causes of problems on your system.

• Because the issues seem unexplained, I would also suggest that you monitor your system for thermals, usage and any processes running to see if there is any chance your system is struggling with heat issues (maybe a fan is dead/blocked or the case is dusty), throttling or there is some background process that is running that is using up resources… Anything and everything should be under suspicion right now…

Without seeing the game logs for LE specific stuff, thats about all I can suggest right now…

Player.zip (1.6 MB)
Here are the game files in a zip

For reference…

You are experiencing the Logitech RGB support bug… Your 200MB log is a single error repeated over and over…

Here is a more detailed technical bug posting recently posted that shows the exact problem ( no need for me to repeat it)…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.