I wanna make an alt

hey i dropped a cool bow and i really wanted to try a rogue to try it out, i tried a few classes already with almost 100hr in the game, i tried forgeguard,spellblade,sorc,druid,shaman , middleway into chapt3 i realise i dont even wanna go through the lvling chapters again and waste a day just doing meaningless story since i already went throught it 4-5-6 times already and find myself not wanting to lvl but wanting to play the new build i made up, this leads me to just not wanting to even log anymore because my other chars are “done” aka what i wanted to do with them is. Any thoughts on a “rift” lvling system in the near future like adventure mode in D3

3 Likes

There are already plenty of other threads about this topic.

Here are two of the most recent ones, one of which is still open.

none of which seems to have dev answer to the question…

guess ima just stop playing then not going throught a 5-6th 8hours of campaing to reach the fun new system

Devs don’t need to answer everything that is floating around in the forums.

But i can assure you, they are listening.

Not sure if a system like this in in their vision, but maybe we will get something like this, once the entire story is implemented.

Not sure if Mike already commented on this on one of the dev streams.

@AndrewTilley might know this

1 Like

I mean a post that big shouldve been answered. Don’t bother with looking into it i can’t be bothered wasting another 6-8hours to go through chapters to be able to do monoliths, ty

2 Likes

How about this:

As soon as you have brought a character including class specialization to level 100, you can create “naked” copies of it and rename them once each. (maybe good gold sink)
→ This would allow you to create various builds for this master class without having to “respeck” and otherwise rebuild everything.

The whole procedure would have to be done for each of the 15 class specializations individually in this way.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

tbh just making us able to respect subclasses would make this a non-issue

Your class choice should already continue to mean something and not simply be interchangeable.

However, playing a master class long enough and far enough could at least earn you a nice bonus.
→ In this example, it would allow you to copy a master class.

Mike answered this on a previous Dev stream. The link to his answer is here at the 29:00 minute mark. The TL;DR is not before 1.0.

3 Likes

From a recent Developer Q&A on June 4th concerning this topic:
Alternate Leveling Options Video Answer (1 of 2)
Alternate Leveling Options Video Answer (2 of 2)

Summarized written answer (if you didn’t want to watch the videos):
The developers would like to add it, but it wasn’t planned as a feature from the start so adding it now would expand the initial scope of the game and they’re trying to complete the game with the features that are currently in the forecast so as to release it. This feature may receive more consideration after launch, but currently the campaign will be the primary source of leveling new characters at launch.

5 Likes

This is what burns me out the hardest in PoE. I get 2 or 3 characters deep into a new league, want to play more builds, but just can’t stomach repeating the campaign more. It’s been a problem for a long time.

2 Likes

Here is what I do not understand about many PoE vets. How long does it take for you to complete the 10 acts and open the atlas? 5-6 hours at most? you cannot endure that? It takes me just under 5, not tytykiller speed level but quick enough. Sounds like you are complaining about growth. Then you get to the Act 1 completion at level 9 mervail and level 13 weaver, etc. you get better at the core mechanics and knowing what to do.

They rarely answer anything on the forums, usually the only time a gold post pops up without being to break up a fight is when someone thinks something is broken that isn’t (like minions casting spells that have the same name as necromancer spells, but not gaining from talents on that spell)

Did someone say alts?

3-4 runs through the campaign ain’t nothin’! :slight_smile:

Thems rookie numbers. I’ve got 66 & I dread to think how many @McFluffin or @boardman21 have.

True, but in my defense, I’m in my 50’s, work fulltime (and then-some), have a family, and really only play nights. I also only got LE like 1.5 - 2 months ago… :slight_smile: Gimme more time, I’m workin’ on more!

I currently have 127 alts. Although I wouldmt count many of them. Some are dead HC ghost from tourneys. A couple are still level 1 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

call me old fashioned, but i’m one of those people that believe that a game should only allow as many character sltos as there are classes (so 15, in this case)
mind you, that’s a philosophy for online games, where the characters are stored server side and people with 127 alts would cause massive resource issues, but this seems unnecessary.

Actually, our characters are currently stored as files (a lot of overhead) and are only 50kb or less. As data inside a relational or NOSQL database, they would take much less space. Given the cheap price of disk, game companies with 1 million players could allow 1000 alts and not even get close to filling up their disk space.

Just sayin’.

1 Like