I‘ve had 2 fatal issues after 0.8.2 updated

1, 1 Level 95 character got erased for computer was forced to shut down to reboot while gaming yesterday.
2, Then today all my stashed items got erased for unknown reasons. it was ok last time when I left the game , but I was so shocked to find all items gone at some random time when I clicked on the stash later on.

Huge disappointment and a waste of my 200 plus hours.

edit 1: everything was fine I didn’t run into any errors or bugs before 0.8.2 patch dropped.

Hey…

Sorry you are having hassles like this… Unfortunately things like this can and do happen with beta products…

All info in the is currently Local to your machine - so if something happens while the game was trying to access a file, then it could very easily have corrupted something… The stash is in a separate file to the savegames and can be just as vulnerable.

they can be found in
C:\Users[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch
on WIndows obviously.

If you are lucky you may be able to replace a savegame that isnt loading properly with a _temp version but it may be too late since you have loaded the game again and it has potential overwritten the temps.

Steam cloud saves (if you are using them) can also play a part here if steam doesnt update correctly after shutting down the game or machine crashing - it can corrupt things itself and then restore corrupted files without knowing that it is doing so.

The only sure way to prevent this kind of is to manually backup your last epoch folder - its something I do whenever I play beta/early access games as I have been burnt by things like this in the past.

Regarding the crashing… LE does have instability issues and various known causes but I cannot really help solve that for you without you posing more information about your system, in-game settings and the game logfiles (and error logs).

You can also either write a small script to backup that whole directory, or create an automated task within Windows to do it for you. It’s then just a matter of replacing the relevant files if you have an issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.