I Don't See Why Forging Potential Exists

Not sure if you have read all the very heated and in-depth discussions threads on crafting that go back well over a year now.

Its not intended that white items be craftable to this kind of level - if you are very lucky you may be able to get the total 10 tiers you suggest across all 4 affix slots when starting with a white but pushing for T5 x 2 on whites is not intended. The FP cost for higher tier crafts (without applying mitigating crafting options) makes this by design harder to do - Its simply not how the system is currently designed or functions.

Crafting is intended to require, higher quality gear with higher FP as you progress. Its never intended to craft from “blank” base items.

1 Like

sure, it was intended. Im saying dont like it and it isnt good or fun

1 Like

You are entitled to your opinion, but its not how the game works so obviously its not going to be good or fun. Thats like wanting to play close quarter combat in a sniper game and wondering why it doesnt work well.

Like most things in life, you have to figure out the correct way to do something else you are just going to fail and not be happy because of it. Just because you want to craft from blanks doesnt mean thats how it should work because you want it to work that way. Thats a very odd approach.

Crafting is very powerful in LE - but only if you embrace it as its intended.

not everything in the game right now is fun bruh, lol

Never said that. There are plenty of things in LE that I dont like or dont consider fun - all of which I have experienced and tested in 2k hours of play.

I just get annoyed when people who dont take the time to figure things out just chip in and say things arent fun / not good when it doesnt work like they want it to.

I have zero problem if someone honestly tries to use the system as its intended/designed and then provides constructive feedback on why something doesnt work for them.

not everything is LE as designed is fun either, lol

Not everybody is able to do so, bruh, lol

1 Like

I have played for less than a day, already been crafting and it’s pretty well balanced. Not sure why they would need to make the game any easier, if anything they could easily bump the difficulty up a few notches. I don’t agree with a lot of what you are saying in everything you have posted here.

Welcome to the forums.

This is a long pretty old post so you’d have to be more specific here because I am not sure what you are referring to… Your post says you like crafting and that you dont want it to be easier. Which is exactly what I agree with and have said before. The post you reference was my response to someone else trying to understand how/why they feel like they do… I.e. trying to see it from their angle.

Crafting in the early and mid game is very generous (as you noted, perhaps too much so), especially at the beginning its very easy to get upgrades, and the process feels very intuitive and smooth.
Since you have been playing for half a day, I assume this is the part of crafting you have experienced.

A lot of the frustrations with crafting is in its late-game usage, once you start mainly crafting on exalted gear.

That would be the “chase gear” so it’s not supposed to be easy to get/upgrade/etc.

I was merely explaining that (in my subjective opinion) the frustration in crafting refers to late-game crafting and not early- or mid-game crafting.

Let’s not repeat the same points that were already made in the almost 300 replies of this thread.

Yes, I understand that the system is the way it is so as to create difficult to obtain “chase” items.
I think that there could be better ways of making chase items difficult to obtain while not making late-game crafting annoying/frustrating.
However, I do not have to offer any input on how this could be done that has not already been said either here or in the many other threads on crafting that have popped out in the past few months.

1 Like

Something is off with forging potential for me can’t tell what yet. I played end game quite a bit back when there was fracturing and this feels worse for some reason. I find myself hoarding “possibly crafting base” items instead of trying my hand at it. When I get an item that isn’t exactly what I was looking for but would be exactly what another character would be looking for, I want to save it for that “what if” case instead of trying crafting it for my current character cause I don’t know if RNG with forging will be enough or if I am gonna end up with 0 potential, mediocre item.

1 Like

Imho, there isnt any need to keep base items for crafting and most definitely do not keep whites/blues for crafting. LE drops a LOT of loot all the time.

Only rares (or better) with at least one or two appropriate affixes already active AND a decent amount of FP are worth keeping for ALTs. If you hit lucky and get good affixes, decent FP AND the right base, then those are the ones you save for min/maxing your best chars.

There are lots of drops in LE and dont be overzealous with a filter else you may miss out on something that could actually be very good but you miss it because you were being too specific.

and… imho, Chaos crafting is the way to go. deterministic crafting will leave you with a bad taste in your mouth far more often and eat your FP in big gulps.

By base items I mean rare drops with already good rolls/affixes. The items that I didn’t do any crafting on yet. I hide all the white and blue already.

I’d suggest a few things…

• Shattering or Removals to get the affixes
  • Being a little more critical of the ones you keep (because so many drop)
  • Do more crafting - worse case is it doesnt work out, so you just shatter to keep the affixes for another try on something else.
1 Like

so that you don’t have multiple total affix tier 21 to 26 items with the exact perfect 4-5 affixes you want, minutes after completing acts. Next.

so that you don’t have multiple total affix tier 21 to 26 items with the exact perfect 4-5 affixes you want, minutes after completing acts

but why not? if you have the shards you should be able to

1 Like

Please no. Hard no.

There would be zero item chase if that were the case. Deterministic crafting sounds lovely on paper but its like using an item editor / cheating and absolutely ruins the longevity & replayability of games like this.

There is no excitement for finding new items, no excitement when nailing a craft and no point in farming to improve your char.

And for an ARPG which relies on the loot chase, you may as well uninstall and go chase butterflies…

2 Likes

chase loot cant even be crafted, t6/7 is drop only

1 Like