Huge UI Improvements Are Coming

New Ui is simple and clear too look at love it. keep up great work making things less cluttered <3

1 Like

I’m curious about the “move” mouse button. It looks like you can bind a skill to it for purposes of move and attack. This could let people bind Fury Leap or Lunge without the need for speccing into the skill just to use as a movement (gap closer). That is interesting if that is the case.

The abilities placed in that screenshot should not be read too much into as they were just placed there to show the layout.

It’s already too late. Theories have been created and spread all over the interweb… :grimacing:

1 Like

You all are doing an amazing job with this game! These UI improvements look stylish, I love it. Keep up the incredible work! :heart:

Sweet stuff, bring it bring it :slight_smile:

By irresponsible rapscallions!

Hurry! Pull the plug!

Awesome!

Looking great! It feels so good to see developers that really understand the gamer, take their time and listen to feedback !

Couple of suggestions coming from a few posts on forum and replies here:

• Enable the user to customize positioning and visibility of action bar elements. This way a lot more can be done by the user if they wish to change something back to how it was;
  • Ability to change the position, inside the same category, of chest Tabs;

All the best!

Noice!

Good job boys and girls !

these are some nice improvements! Thank you!!

This is awesome! Everything looks great :blush: I’m loving what’s already been implemented & the development of the game. I’m really looking forward to the new updated esthetics and quality updates! Last Epoch is coming along nicely and it’s one of my favorite games to play.

Thank you, please keep up the good work and please be faster! PoE beat D3 just in time and now you can beat PoE while people are very angry with their RNG craft system. It is just time go push!

The two biggest UI problems that I’ve found are not discussed in this post, but I hope improvements are planned for them as well.

The first is, from a development perspective, perhaps not strictly a UI issue, but a mouse interpretation/event handling issue. Even though I just started playing recently, I have had many, many times where things were unexpectedly (and frustratingly) triggered by my mouse. While you can click-and-drag for movement (of your character or of an item on the cursor), it seems like the game engine is equating a held-down mouse button with repeated clicks of that mouse button instead of having those be programmed separately but similarly. This is fine, for something like repeated skill use; it’s considerably less fine when you’re click-dragging to run around a zone, your mouse barely hits the edge of a zone transition, and you’re dragged through to a new zone even though you never clicked on it. I would guess this is also why, when dragging an item from inventory to stash (yes, I know about shift-click, but sometimes I want things to go in specific places), it triggers the dialog box from the nearby vendor or NPC even though I didn’t click on them, don’t want to talk to them, and don’t need their dialog box popping up behind my stash/inventory windows. I could be wrong about the code-side reason this is happening, it’s just my best guess, but regardless of the source, this behavior is extremely annoying and very disruptive when it comes to unintended zone transitions.

The other major issue is how windows behave. From what I’ve seen so far, there’s inconsistent behavior about how windows open and close. Sitting here in The Armoury trying to get more data, it seems to be behaving as I’d hope/expect: opening a window that overlaps a window you already have open closes the first window. But this is very much not always the case. One instance is as described above, where the dialog window pops up under the stash/shop/inventory panels. While the mouse issue above exists, this is best, to avoid more frustration, but it’s bad if you deliberately click on the vendor with your stash and inventory open. In that use case (which will hopefully someday be the only case in which the vendor opens), the user would want the dialogue to be on top of the stash/inventory, so that dialogue options can be viewed and selected. Whether or not that overlaps enough of the stash/inventory windows to justify closing them is a different issue.

More aggravating is when this kind of behavior leads to confusion about if you actually clicked on something, or if your click registered. This most frequently happens if you have the shop open and then click on the stash. Did the stash open? Well, there’s no way to tell, until you close the shop tab. Oh, hey, it seems to be there after all, but there was no indication when you clicked on it.

I can’t reproduce this behavior yet, but I’ve seen the windows not closing appropriately with skills and passives windows both being open. Maybe this only occurs when you click on them from the level-up boxes? I’ll keep an eye out and report more information when I have it.

EDIT: When I had my inventory open in town, and clicked on the unallocated passive point box, then the passive point tree spawned under the inventory window (see https://imgur.com/a/h3HqRsw). Using hotkeys to open the skills window closed both the inventory and the passive window as expected, and reopening those windows via hotkeys continued to function normally.

2 Likes

nice :smiley:

Love the new artwork. LE just keeps getting better and better :+1:

1 Like

It’s look awesome ! Can’t wait to see the new ward display with my spellblade !

Welcome to all first time posters! :smile:

1 Like