Huge fps drops

After 8.2 i get constand fps drops and i have lower overall fps

1 Like

Hey, Welcome to the forums…

Sorry you are having hassles… It seems like there are a handful of people posting here about similar issues but nothing is obvious - especially on those with higher end systems…

Any chance you can post your system config/dxdiags, game logs and in-game settings?

DxDiag.txt (96.1 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (498 Bytes)
Player.log (26.3 KB)
Player-prev.log (11.0 KB)
version.txt (5 Bytes)

i hope these are the right files

Yip…

A quick look at these and your system is about 10% faster on GPU and a similar factor faster on CPU (although yours has many more threads but I dont think are pertinent here) than mine a i5-7500/1060/16GB/NVME

On 1080p, everything on very low or disabled, I get 100fps or thereabouts. Its not stable and suffers from big fps spikes of about 40fps sometimes (known causes) and my GPU usage climbs rapidly to 80-90%. To counter the high usage and keep my GPU cooler, I run at 60fps framerate limit. By doing this, it also smooths the fps spikes dramatically.

• With this information as a comparison, what kinds of fps are you getting right now?
  • If you set the game to the baseline - what kinds of FPS are you getting (be sure to disable grass for the testing - i see this is on in your graphicsmanager file).
  • Are the fps spikes general - ie… doing anything or is there a specific place or sequence of events or skills that you are using that is nailing your fps?

Also… the end your dxdiag file shows errors/crashes on your system… Some of these are irrelevant but others can point to potential problems that will affect LE…

There is one related to steamwebhelper.exe - obviously part of Steam - I dont think its anything but if Steam is behaving odd, you may want to reinstall it or at least research how to make sure its working ok.

More important - there is a reference of a crash of the Radeonsoftware.exe - now this is part of the drivers for your GPU… and if its having hassles then its likely LE will suffer… Another person on the forum last week had this exact error with the exact same RX 580 and it turned out that they had lots of other issues and ended up re-installing their entire system to get it to work properly - LE worked fine after thankfully… I am hoping that your system isnt as messed up so I would recommend starting by doing a proper clean install of your graphic drivers (you can use something like what EHG explains here) to be sure that your drivers are working properly and havent been corrupted. (It does happen).

There is also another item that you might want to check - svchost.exe_XboxNetApiSvc - this refers to something to do with the Xbox Live Service… I dont think its potentially causing any problems with LE but its worth seeing what is wrong - I would run Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support to make sure that some critical windows file is not corrupted or missing.

i had 75 fps most of the time but when there was much action it droped to 30ish. Also i noticed that when i play rogue everything is fine. When i play lich with aura of decay and wandering spirits fps drop. I dont have any other characters to check.

1 Like

75fps is what I would expect with your config…

I didnt mention it before but LE has lots of known FPS spike / performance issues that are related to specific play, skills and scenarios… Most of these are well known by the testers & devs and even some of us “no real life” players with hundreds of hours in the game :wink:

Lich with Aura of decay and wandering spirits is EXACTLY one of the scenarios where you WILL get fps drops - even guys/gals/theys with the latest and greatest systems have exactly the same experience as you mention for them its a drop from 140+fps to 100+fps… Its simply because LE is in beta and the devs have not specifically started dealing with the performance optimisation issues yet…

As a general rule there are fps spikes in the following:

• minion builds - the more minions the more likely fps will drop especially if they have skills that proc each other and if there are many mobs engaging the minions.

• Lots of mobs - almost any build can do a mob pull and see a significant drop in framerate proportional to the number of mobs… Using a skill that wipes evrything in one shot, can drop the fps into single digits for players with your and my systems…

• Skills that proc and chain from one skill to another like devouring orbs or lighting chains etc… cause a lot of fps drop again proportional to the number of mobs being hit… Even things like poison pools spammed aorund the screen can drop the fps…

The simplest way around this as I am sure you have figured out is to only bite of what you can chew so to speak… Engaging smaller groups of mobs and not doing big pulls and wipes generally mean that you can play any build with minimal fps spikes - obviously there will be drops but they usually stay smooth…

I’d still fix that graphics driver issue tho…

thank you so much and tbh i didnt exacly understand what i must do or what the issue is. I play other games like overwatch or warzone with 80 fps limit and graphics medium-high so i never really thought i have issues

Its not you… its the game right now… Pretty sure that the devs will fix it eventually and these problems will go away, but for now we have to try other things. :wink:

Yeah i know its beta after all. Thank you again for ypur time. I dont have a problem playing with lower fps of some high temps but since its beta and we had a new patch i thought it would be better to share.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that clothes are like flashing and appear and disappear fast with my acolyte. Especialy the part of the clothes that is between the legs and lower at the back. I tried different armors but still same. I didnt have any other abilities on too.

That could very well be a bug of some kind… or it could be a corrupted model/texture file…

Try verifying the game files if you are using Steam (after the C patch that dropped since your last post).

If it still happens after the patch & file verification, please can you try take a screenshot (if is will catch the problem) or a short video of the problem and POST it in a new thread in the Bug section of the forum…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.