How does the forged weapons/armour mechanic work?

The skills Forge Strike, Manifest Armour, and Ring of Shields all create minions with “stats based off your equipment”. What stats does this include? All affixes? Or just the implicits (added damage, attack rate, armour, etc)? If it includes affixes, which ones do anything, and which ones don’t? I’m guessing ones that deal with mana won’t do anything. Thank you!

From memory it varies. There was a thread around here somewhere that detailed the stats that were/weren’t inherited by Manifest Armour but I can’t seem to find it.

1 Like

Thanks, LLama8! I tried searching the forum, too, to no avail. Even if the thread is closed (after 2 months), it still should be searchable, correct?

Yes, you can search for everything in the forum that is public and not has been deleted.

You will notice a lock symbol in front of the thread in the search results, in front of the thread.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks, Heavy.

Just posting in here so the thread doesn’t close. If anyone has info on this topic, please let us know! :blush:

I tried adding X% chance to chill on hit affix on my sword and summoned forged weapons. They do chill enemies. So I assume they do use affixes on your weapon.

Generally, every affix on your weapon / armour will work.

For Forged Weapons obviously it’s the weapon and for Manifest Armour, it’s Helmet, Body Armour. Gloves, Boots and if you spec into it also your weapon and shield.

What is important here is, that things like “Inc. Minion Melee Damage” will affect both, from the player’s perspective, since they are your minions.
Technically they also gain the stats "Inc. Minion Melee Damage, but they don’t have their own minions though.

Also with things like Uniques, there can be some exceptions, but generally even uniques work.

Just a few Examples for Uniques that work on them and are commonly used:
Suloron’s Step - both the crit multi and the negative resistance will affect your manifest armour. (But only the positive affects will get impacted by “increased stats from boots”
Maehlin’s Hubris - The Bleed to Ignite convert will also work on your weapons and armour, this way you can get insane amounts of ignite from Manifest’s Armour Passive Tree (125% Ignite Chance direct and 200% Bleed Chance, which get’s converted) and another 140% from Smelter’s Might (because it’s 70/70%, which get fully converted into Ignite)

Just some examples, so see, that there are ways to utilize uniques on those things.

1 Like

Interesting. I thought unique effects don’t work since my forged weapons can’t trigger the unique effect on Alluvion

It would be hilarious to see 12 forge weapons casting tidal wave.

I did not test this specific case myself, but sometimes unique effects like this are a little bit inconsistent.
This might be intend, might be not intended.

Theoretically I would say, it should work, because they also use a “Melee Attack”.

Maybe they disabled this due to performance reasons.

Have you tried Alluvion on Manifest Armour?

No, I haven’t. But it’s worth trying.

Alright, I’m back with some test results.
I tested Manifest Armour with unique items I have and those that are easy to observe. Here’s my conclusion based on the results:

Unique effects that are persistent (i.e., effects that are always active) seem to work on Manifest Armour.

Unfortunately, unique effects that need to be triggered do not seem to work at all. This includes:

1. Effects that trigger under certain condition:

• :heavy_multiplication_x: Draalsting:

• Effect: (25-35)% Chance to gain Haste for 1 second on Hit.
    • Note: No visual effect of Haste observed.
  • :heavy_multiplication_x: Stormtide:

• Effect: You are shocked for 4 seconds when you stop moving.
    • Note: Command Manifest Armour to move to a point. No visual effect of shock observed when it stopped.

2. Effects that cast a skill/spell under certain condition:

• :heavy_multiplication_x: Alluvion:
    • Effect: 100% Chance to cast Tidal Wave when you use a Melee Attack (2 second cooldown).
  • :heavy_multiplication_x: Bhuldar’s Wrath:
    • Effect: 100% Chance to use Earthquake after using a Non-Channelled Movement Ability.
    • Note: Tested with Dash Boots node of Manifest Armour. Nothing happens when it charges.
  • :heavy_multiplication_x: Dark Shroud of Cinders:
    • Effect: +(17-25)% Chance to cast Fire Aura when hit (1 second cooldown).
  • :heavy_multiplication_x: Keeper’s Gloves:
    • Effect: 10% chance to summon a swarm of bees on melee hit (8 second cooldown).
    • Note: Command Manifest Armour to hit the training dummy for a while, and nothing happened.
  • :heavy_multiplication_x: Rule of the Simoon:
    • Effect: +30% Chance to cast stationary fire Tornado at a nearby enemy on hit (3 second cooldown).

3. Effects that trigger every few seconds:

• :heavy_multiplication_x: Last Steps of the Living:
    • Effect: You are Chilled every 3 seconds.
    • Note: No visual effect of chill observed.
  • :heavy_multiplication_x: Bulwark of the Last Abyss:
    • Effect: Every 3 seconds if you are on high health you lose 25% of your current health and gain the Apocalypse buff for 3 seconds.
    • Note: Tested with shield-bearer node of Manifest Armour. It did not lose ealth, and no visual effect of Apocalypse buff observed.

4. Special cases:

• :heavy_multiplication_x: Exsanguinous:
    • Effect: 20% of Current Health Lost per second. 20% of Missing Health gained as Ward per second.
    • Note: Not sure why this one isn’t working. Manifest Armour did not lose any health, and I’m not seeing the unique visual effect of Exsanguinous.

TL ;DR: Unique effects that need to be triggered do not seem work on Manifest Armour. I believe this is true for Forged Weapon.

3 Likes

I remember @Wrouk made lots of testing with Manifest Armour. Maybe if he’s around he could tell us.

Thanks guys for the great answers! Awesome job testing, @yles9056!

So just to get this straight; let’s say my forged weapon only does base physical damage. A weapon with “+10% increased physical” vs one with “10% increased minion damage”, they would be identical in terms of how much damage the forged weapon deals, correct? And also the increased minion damage one doesn’t buff other minions I control, correct?

Yes, that’s correct, but there are different minion affies like “minion melee damage” which would buff all melee dmg, not just physical.

So comparing physical dmg with minion damage/minion melee damage does make a difference, if your weapon has non-physical melee damage on it.

But generaly %inc modifiers are all additive and it doesn’t make a differenc,e depending on what exact stats they impact.

It still buffs other minions you have, the Forged Weapon or Manifest Armour does not “steal” thsoe affixes, they just also apply to them.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, Heavy!

Right. But it doesn’t “double dip” per say, right? I have the affix and so does the forged weapon, but that doesn’t cause it to count twice, right?

No. The Forged Weapons get the benefit of the minion damage from your weapons, but as they aren’t their own minions, they can’t benefit from the minion damage on “their own” weapons.

1 Like

Ok, thanks Llama! I have another post dealing with a similar matter (minions and buffs). You and Heavy seem to know a lot about this kinda stuff, so I thought I’d link it. I’d really appreciate you guys checking it out. Sigil of Hope + Ring of Shields interaction

1 Like

Do set bonuses apply to forged weapons? For example, the Ruby Fang set gives: +1% melee poison chance per 14% uncapped fire res. Would my forged weapons get this, and would it look at the minion’s fire res or mine? What about manifest armour, if I give it both weapon and shield (both parts of the set), then would it apply? Thanks!