How does minion poison work?

So, I understand Chance to Poison for my character vs my minions.
I even get damage modifiers to Damage Over Time and Poison for my character vs my minions.

But.

On the character sheet, it displays my characters poison damage on the “Other” tab. On the minion tab, it only displays modifiers, like “Increased minion poison damage” or DoT.

So…

What base damage does the game use to determine a minion’s poison damage?

Minion poison is exactly the same as player poison but it scales with minion stats rather than player stats.

So, what’s the base damage? Is it my base damage? Or an invisible # someplace?

The base damage is the same as yours but it’s only affected by minion modifiers not player modifiers.

Take this build: Druid, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.4e) - Last Epoch Build Planner

Other tab: my poison damage = 173
Minion tab: Poison DoT damage: +196%

How much damage does each minion poison tick for?

1. 173 * 2.96
  2. ? * 2.96

If 2, what is the value of ? .

I have been wondering the same thing, and not just poison. Since the minion tab has nothing but percentages on them, what are the base values? If I have a 100% chance to bleed, but 0 bleed damage, I don’t do any bleed damage, correct? So, what is the “damage” on all the minion stats?

Every single ailment has it’s own base dmg (if it does damage), duration and other potential secondary effects.

These are used for every calculation.

These base values are the same for you, enemies and minions.

Only all the additive and multiplicate modifiers, that affect these change based on whats the source of the ailment.

The damage numbers in your character sheet already inherent things like increased damage.
The minion tab basically misses this, but it really doesn’t matter anyway, since even the tab with the players ailment damage is pretty much useless right now.

The base poison damage is 20 over 3 seconds, so your minions would do 20 x 2.96. As you know, minions use their own modifiers & that 173 poison damage from your character sheet includes all of your applicable modifiers.

Where do you see that base damage number? The guide says “The default base damage for each skill is listed on its tooltip”, but there is no “skill” for Minion Poison Damage.

You can see the base damage of Poison in the character sheet, but only if you don’t have any gear or passives that change the damage it does.

While you are correct, I literally said that in my post :smiley: only worded differently. :smiley:

Yeah… just didn’t want to be too much of an asshole and just quote absolutely everything you said… lol I figured I’d give it a try in a different way.

I don’t mind people saying things, that already have been said, but wording it differently, so more peopel can understand it. (Some subjects are pretty complex)

But the way you replied to me I felt like you said I did state that you can’t see the base dmg in the character sheet. :smiling_imp:

ok, I should not have used Poison as an example. How about “INCREASED MINION COLD DAMAGE”. Increased over what? I do not see base cold damage anywhere.

When I look at the Skeletal Mage and the tooltip, it gives me a base health of 100, but not numbers for Cold, Lightning, Fire, Necrotic, etc.

(basically) everything in LE has some base damage.

We do not see that in-game and while for true min-maxing this information can be useful for very dedicated players.
For the majority of players, this information is not important anyway.

Tooltip dps is already a very good way for comparing gear/passives and there are only a handful of skills, where tooltip dps is not sufficient to compare different setups.

The devs are working on an updated character sheet and maybe we will receive base dmg of skills in the future, who knows.

ok, thanks, that is the information that I was looking for. There is no tooltip DPS for minions, so I guess it’s just stacking percentages across and no one is better than any other (cold, fire, etc).

I am pretty sure that base damage across minions is not homogeneous.

But again, this information would not be that usefull.

Any %inc. would make them equally better.

You can make an argument, that in some cases flat added damage could be differently good on different minions.

But I think even minions have damage effectiveness and assuming devs balanced skills decently well, even that should not matter.

well, if base damage is not the same, then not having that information is pretty important.

As an example, my minions have 634% increased minion cold damage and 409% increased void damage. If the base for cold damage was 10 and void was 100, then void would be lot better. So, I would want to stack increased % void damage.

The majority of minions modifers are already generic.

I can see you point but then again, there are very few minions which deal hybrid damage by default.

Just to be clear: I don’t disagree, but I just think it’s not that important.

I could make a total different argument which I think a lot of people disagree with:
We as player do not need to know everything, even if that information would change our behaviour (in this case gearing).

In a era, where information is at the players fingertips with all those 3rdparty websites and external tools etc.
People really got used to knowing virtually everything about a game.

I prefer games to have some kind of uncertainty and the players (the community) need to investigate this and find stuff out.

This is going way beyond OP, but since OP is already answered I think it’s not that bad if we de-rail a little bit.

Feel free to open a new thread if you wanna discuss in-depth about it.