Honeymoon phase is over. So what’s your take on the game now?

I’ll start off by saying that I do like LE and for a brand new IP it’s in a decent state. Been having a lot of fun leveling up new masteries and trying out what each class has to offer. Crafting system is good. Skills are interesting.

But after a month and over 200 hours the honeymoon phase has definitely warn off.

I can make a new class and have fun leveling them up. Getting the builds online. But once I reach around 70 or around empowered monoliths the gameplay loop stops being fun and starts to feel like a chore to progress. I’ve gotten my rune master around 500 corruption and it feels no different than it did when I first got to empowered. Mob density is the same, layouts are the same, bosses are the same, loot feels the same. Your character really stops progressing, or extraordinarily slows down progression, around 200 corruption.

Over that 400 corruption difference items are not anymore powerful then they were at corruption 100. There is no real noticeable difference in getting more LP on uniques. Still generally just get no LP or 1 LP.

So once you’ve gotten to corruption 200 or so you’ve experienced everything you will experience at 200 and at 1k corruption. Except things will just hit harder and take longer to kill. But no great increases in item power. They will be the same.

Things I would like to see in the future.
1 - loot power scaling with difficulty. As in the power of the items get better and stronger as you progress through corruption levels. An item at corruption 100 should be weaker than an item at corruption 1k. Now it doesn’t need to be a huge amount. But give me a reason to push further besides just bragging rights.

2 - leaderboards for corruption. It’s no secret that most people aren’t a fan of the current arena system. I would love a leaderboard to see how high people have pushed in monoliths.

3 - gain corruption at a faster rate or take way less echoes to get to the next corruption. As it stands it takes roughly around 20-30 echoes to fight the boss and roughly the same amount to fight the shade. Especially for alts this is a massive pain. I like d4s approach to nm dungeons or the pit where you do one you’ve unlocked the next higher difficulty.

4 - CoF needs a massive overhaul to allow easier target farming for the right stats. It’s no secret that the merchants guild is far better in terms of getting exactly what you want. Cof is a massive gamble in terms of trying to get anything useful. And when you play offline CoF is the only thing you can use.

5 - outdoor events. Something like that to bring me back to the outdoor world. Can be something small. But it breaks up the monolith grind and gives you a moment to go do something else for a bit that can reward you with some good loot.

6 - once you level a skill to max it will always be at max rank. So if you try a new build if you go back it will be max rank. This might be one of the most frustrating aspects for me. The current system decentivizes trying new builds. I would like to put a point somewhere see how it plays and then change things around if need be. Here you take out points, you lose them, have to go level them, then try out what you wanted to, and if you don’t like it redo that whole process. It’s a bad system

15 Likes

The game is fun and I still enjoy it. I’m a person who only plays one character per cycle, so for me personally, I’m waiting for the pinnacle boss or some more end game stuff to be added before I jump back in full steam.

1 Like

I feel kinda the same. I love the game and I still believe it does many things better than most other ARPGs but after leveling two characters to L100 and finding myself in the same boring gameloop, I am starting to loose interest. It’s just too repetitive without progress, you can do several hundred echos and not improve a bit despite non of your equip being anywhere near BIS.

What I find most frustrating is that the “special” echoes almost always just drop crap and very rarely what you are looking for and if, then it’s badly roled and has low LP. Worst are the timelines with split rewards like Dragon’s or Winter. Only half the special reward nodes provide the item you might be looking for (say a ring or a knife) and they almost never drop anything useful. I haven’t seen a single Oceareon despite having Winter on corruption 450+ and having engineered the web many times with memory and chaos nodes.

Even worse is Dragon, because the special nodes are again split between two items, knife/swords or axes. I mostly get swords when doing knife nodes and so far only one Jelkhor’s knife with LP1 dropped from a special node on corruption 450+, again while having engineered the web many times.

Hence, most of my uniques that are actually useful come from CoF but that defeats somewhat the purpose of the timelines having “special” rewards. Although they advertise the timelines as a means to target farm items, in reality you are much better of doing CoF or buy stuff in MG.

I am not abandoning the game but I can’t bring myself anymore to continue playing after 250 hours of which maybe 100 were really exciting and 150 rather frustrating. Didn’t think I would say this that quickly but I am actually cautiously excited for S4 in D4, seems like they will overtake LE in the endgame department. Hopefully LE will catch on fast because I would much rather continue playing LE than going back to hell. But for someone who doesn’t like to have a twink army but rather sticks with a character for a moment, LE offers too little yet.

3 Likes

I like it. Got my money’s worth a dozen times over, and looking forward to seeing the new stuff EHG comes out with.

Hope they set up offline cosmetics at some point, because I would like to support EHG further but don’t plan on playing the online mode.

1 Like

My take

Fun game, with a good foundation to build upon.

I will be interested to see where the game goes from here.

2 Likes

I feel about the same as you. I think it’s a good game but I am now at 350 hours and I think I am nearing being done with it for a bit.

-I have also learned for me personally, I am not a fan of RNG being involved when creating a legendary. 350 hours and I have never ONCE moved the wanted affix over. I just farm the same things over and over to continually fail. I am fine with RNG in farming the items, just not legendary crafting. I know a lot of folks feel differently, which I accept. I am just me.

-Looking forward to less bugs later on and some of the older classes to be brought up to par with the newer ones. Sorcerer for instance.

-Would also welcome lil breaks/distractions from monolith grinding.

-Overall, I think the powers that be are doing a pretty good job and assuming I take a break here soon, I’ll definitely be back.

1 Like

I love it. Have since Alpha. Still do.

I love many of the changes they’ve made. I love the direction they want to move in. I love how they communicate with the player base and their transparency.

Do I think there are things that still need fixing? Absolutely. But I don’t see any signs that even remotely indicate to me that I should stop playing.

So I will keep on keeping on.

I’ve played for about 400hrs since its release on 21st Feb. I’m really enjoying the game and creating fun builds. I do think that there is limitation within the game at the moment but I think that’s to be expected. 400hrs gameplay for £30 means that I would highly recommend it to friends.
I’m looking forward to more items and a bit more balance with some of the abilities. I do try and stick to underperforming and balanced abilities and I accept those limitations as my choice. I hope we get items that unlock different ways to use abilities though. For example, I’m not able to use Dancing Strike with a 2h sword and I really enjoyed that ability until I got to the level to equip my 2h sword and my build changed.

I think that end games needs some attention if they wish to retain players for longer periods but, as the game is in its juvenile state in season 1 without any season mechanics, I’m sure the development team are busy at work creating content for when the seasons land in the near future.

All in all I think it’s been a big success and I’m looking forward to following this game more. I do have other games on the go, which have seasonal content also, so it’s going to have to be a fine balancing act. :hugs:

2 Likes

Its very normal to start to tire up in ARPGs after x hours in a seasion/cycle, i can’t play PoE for more than a month or two either, i was able to do 210h in LE in 1 month and it was pretty nice, then new PoE league started, and i left for that :slight_smile: .
Usually its good to get busy with other games when cycle starts to feel like a chore, and save up energy for the next cycle to start!.

Monoliths could definitely use an overhowl, but i think they will start to feel better when they have a purpose - that would most likely happen when pinnacle bosses gets into the game, atleast my opinion and why i felt monoliths was a boring grind was because there wasn’t really a purpose to grind gear? where was Shaper / Sirus / Maven and their according uber versions… So my guess is they will feel alot better when they suddenly have a purpose that isn’t currently in the game.

CoF i think is in a really good spot honestly, i picked it because i like to play SSF and get more hours in a cycle than i would do trading. By making the items to obtainable, you would also decrease the amount of hours most people would play in a season - so hard disagree that CoF should be better than trade. No other game is SSF on the same level as trade, but its usually also to very different kind of people playing these to different game modes.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing LE for 3 years.

I guess honeymoons are what you make of them.

2 Likes

the game is dead and if you don’t fix your defenses it will be over before season 4 like D4. and it’s the fault of the white paladins who love companies and shield criticism. They don’t understand that when someone takes the time to say something they care, when they don’t care they just move on to the next one and that’s what’s happening the game has already lost 75% or more of the play base

3 Likes

The one shots need to be toned down. The boss fights should not be such a jump in difficulty from the regular content.

8 Likes

Great foundation to build on. Needs more endgame and polish. For people like me with limited time and a hopeless addict to making new builds, fun will last the whole cycle. I definitely want to see more activities and polishing the game. Bugs can be frustrating.

Arena ladder board really needs to change. I want a competitive ladder challenge based on a fun activity. Arena is not fun. One bit. It’s monotonous and cumbersome. They gotta be more creative than “sit in the middle and endlessly kill monsters swarming you”.

Honeymoon phase was over 2.5k hours ago ^^. I think LE has some good and intresting basic systems in place to work with. Sadly said systems are right now rather boring. I’m not very pleased with the progression ingame after lvl 75 because you get less and less stuff when you hit that mark. They could’ve added some late game progression like attribute points every half level so you have something to spend. Or PoE atlas esque trees for arena, monolith and dungeons to fiddle arround with.

The basic gameplay loop gets old ultra fast and that’s a bit of a shame. On top of it the balance of the game is a clusterfuck and pretty terrible when I think about how long the game was in EA and what could’ve been done. On top of that the devs soften up their 300C is endgame stance and it looks like the scope of what endgame is is shifting right now.

I think there is a hell of a lot to do to make the game realy awesome but since they got their foundations right I think the game can become installworthy again in some seasons. Right now I’m bored to death by the game.

1 Like

That’s my frustration as well. There are (and have been) potentially great systems in place to build off. But it seems like the only input being considered are from the dozen or so staunch, draconian, proponents of “any changes to the game are bad”, and any QoL enhancements turn the game into a(n) thing-they-dont-like Simulator. And yeah, the balance is just, non-existent. Mostly due to the select/closed nature of their testing (and the testers failing so badly at finding broken stuff – I mean seriously, how do you miss the ward issue(s), or Healing Hands abuse, or Falcon being severely OP!!!.. all of which were discovered within days of (release) the connectivity issues being fixed.

1 Like

I’m glad they did so well with player numbers and I assume sales. The game still has great potential but it doesn’t feel like a released game to me for some reason.

I’m super disappointed with how they handled the MG economy after they discovered the exploit. It feels like they are very out of touch or even out of their depth with that.

1 Like

Well I am currently on 3000 hours, 30+ Alts (deleted a few to make room).

I guess I like the game.

This is 100% NOT been my experience with the game. No idea what you’re doing.

I’m wondering since first week of 1.0 release what were community testers doing
Because such broken skills and mechanics shouldn’t pass unnoticed.

Anyway the game has a unique and great great foundation
that even if the balance is all over the place
I’m going to 1.500 hours since 0.9 and I don’t plan quitting.

Right now I feel the same as at the start of 1.0. They could stop working on the game and I’d consider my money well spent. And I’d keep playing it for a long time as is.
I hope it gets even better, but for now I’m happy with it.

Well considering that the majority of the player base has voiced their concern with it and top streamers like Wudjio have said the same you sir are in the vast minority lol

2 Likes