Honest review in a good hope, devs please read

I think developers understand what im about to write i think they are well avare of most of the flaws and strengts of this game

1. Backside i have played D2, D3, grim Dawn, Titan Quest, Torchlight 1 and 2, Poe. Poe is the king of engame, skill and dying animations, affixes and character costumization it doesnt matter what enyone thinks on this this is reality.
    2.thi game strong sides… Skill system, crafting and the biggest strong side of them all something that if they dont implement its a lose lose situation and it is compleate offline mode where u log in only on buying the game it is something that Poe, Poe 2 an D4 will newer have it is your win spot EHG.
  2. Weak sides of the game… Animations (skills and dying animations u are already aware of that), endgame system yes it will be expanded and etc… But u cant make an amazing endgame system without choices and monolith doesnt have any choices on what to do u just chose between 2 options. I do not understand how people that are arpg fans simply thought this is good and enough. Another week spot affixes 4 affixes is not gonna do it in a long run no matter what someone thinks this is reallity gear is not exciting u do not feel blessed if u find something amazing u feel like that only with T7 affixes., yes it is hard to optimize 5, 6, 7 affixes for everything to be balanced but it is consequence of something that is more addicting.i will not say that there is to less choices in crafting couse i know they made a back system which compleatly nailed it it is the best crafting system i have seen so far and i want other part of game to be equally as good. Next week spot is uniques… boring and bland most of them, and for some of them level requirement is compleatly off lol u are never gonna use most of them couse t 15 gear is so easely to be crafted, please work on it point of this game is loot and most excited loot in this game so far should be t6, t7 and uniques with sets and not t15 plus crafted gear i have played only 50 hours and i already have t 15 plus gear in most slots it is so easily optainable, i want to try harder to have char this powerful, simple to say i have never played game where uniques are so bad.

Im writing this as an advice couse i want with all my hearth for this game to succeed but for me if there will be no offline mode i will stop play it and will not suport it couse im a seaman and i do not have 6 months in a year good internet even for proper login. Othervise i wil suport this game with mtx

1. Lastly its an advice, u have a good vision in most of the things, but u need money for it to be accomplished, release please mtx for skill effects and gear i will support it and many other people will couse we understand that for a good game u need to have money dont be embared to ask it couse u are on a good trail to make a game as good as D2 and POE

Thank u for your time dear developers in reading as i thank for everyone else.

Ps random generated maps are premandatory in this kind of games on a long run and no amount of hand crafted maps are gonna do it, it is not about beauty of maps in this kind of games it is more about randomization so u can have a feeling u are playing something even after 2k hours without proper lrediction where something is and where to go, i forgot to say please increase density after u fix optimization it is so important, and make characters go just a little bit faster in a endgame it is really amazing feeling but not as on POE for sure, make COC, Arrow fork, arrow pierce, make some endgame affixes that are really hard to find to truly give u a feeling that u are powerful and that change your skill effects significantly

Love and peace

1 Like

Hm, i don’t know where to start.

But your TL:DR is pretty much: LE should become more like PoE?

I disagree.

Let’s see:

“it doesn’t matter what anyone thinkgs on this reality” is definitely not a good way to start a “discussion”.

Endgame variety?
Yes i have to give that to PoE.

King of skills, dying animation affixes and character customization?
I disagree.
PoE’s skill system (and also character cusomization in general) is deceivingly vast.
In practice only a fraction of skill and support gems work together and some do technically work together but are rather not viable option.

I pretty much prefer LE’s handcrafted skill trees. And i am pretty sure EHG can expand and improve the skill trees more and more and make them better and better.

Dying animations?
Not exactly sure what you mean. In PoE a enormous amount of enemy “skills” that impose a threat to the player are on-death effects, which is boring.
Not sure if you were talking about that.

The MoF system is not even finished, we just will receive a major update in the next patch and i am sure the devs will further improve it.

But those 2 choices i do actualy find very interesting more often than not. Especially if you play empowered.

Some of the MoF modifers actively change how you play the game.

Again “it doesn’t matter what someone thinks”…

I would agree that we lack some very interesting affixes, but 4 affixes is enough to make interesting character building possible.
Especially with the affix variety that is possible in LE.

In PoE you do have 6 affixes, but in practive almost every item has either Life or ES (or both) plus resistances.

In LE every item is way more flexible and there are no must have affixes.

This again comes down to PoE having deceivingly much “choices”, but in reality you often end up with the same items. (OF course there are always exceptions).

But 4 affixes can jsut be as good as 6 affixes if executed well.

Again another disagree. I would agree that there are some uniques that are not “unqiue” enough, but uniques are not bad.

Even PoE has so called “bad uniques”.

But some of the uniques in LE are insanely cool and exciting.

I think noone here in the forums should tell the devs how or when to monetize the game.

Again disagree, but procedural generated maps will come, it’s just a matter of time and the proper tech implemented into the game.

All of this is already available, just nto as “gear affixes”, sicne that would not work out in LE.
Those type of things are skill spec tree or idols things.

10 Likes

How could anyone talk with someone who thinks so?
You are literaly saying “what I say is true, deal with it”. So you’re not here to talk about the game and its flaws (there are some, yes), you’re here to tell us the truth.
I’m sorry, this is personal, but I can’t. I will not respond. I’m ready to talk with people who have different opinions (I may even change mine, of course), but in order to talk we need to be at least two.

7 Likes

How do you feel about Path of Exile in the actual Combat Gameplay though? I feel like it’s pretty much just a go-fast idle cookie clicker game or you’ll just die. The game just isn’t fun out of the chase loot finding and “character planner”.

Path of Building is pretty much the game.

4 Likes

I respect your opinion but I do not agree with it obviously and neither do u with mine which is cool no problem. But by defending some systems so much u are actually doing bad to it and not helping which is strange since u are a community tester and ardent creator. Anyway, i think i wrote some things in a way i didnt mean it since i was writing it on a coffee outside with a cellphone in my hands so i apologize for sounding cocky was not my intention, but please dont tell me LE has more build than Poe or more interesting items, affixes and uniques.
if i say 2+2 is equal to 4 and it doesn’t matter what anyone thinks would u agree on it?

1 Like

yea i apologize for that line but its to late to change it now, honestly when i read it it sounds very bad i didnt mean it like that

3 Likes

I agree with u, personally for me i would like to have something in the middle ground speed between Poe and LE, as for the skill tree in POE its a gian mess i think LE nailed it with skill trees

And you state things other games do as objectively “good things”.

I know PoE is big for a reason(one of the big reasons is, it has not major competition), but that doesn’t make everything it does automatically good.

So if LE is doing things different, that could lead to even greater things, that PoE will not achieve IMO.

That’s totally cool with me.
I also sometimes have a bad day, or do write stuff in a way i didn’t mean it (often due to english not being my native language)

Except the “interesting” affixes i still disagree on the other things.
LE has the same level of “cool uniques” as PoE, just not as many yet. But PoE didn’t had them either when it was 2-3 years in development.

This is the wrong attitude to go into a discussion.

We are here to try and discuss different point of views.

It really sounds like “your side” is the “correct” one, but in a discussion there is no black and white.

2 Likes

I can honestly say this is a good game since i played it for 50 hours in 1 week which is huge for me, only i have been adicted on a few games in my life. I know its gonna be expanded i know more uniques and affixes are comming i am well avare of that, and dont get me wrong i dont want this game to be poe, but if somthing is so good in some game and it works why to invent hot water in another game. For example monolith of fait is very similar to GR, and shatered realm in grim dawn. I do not understand why EHG didnt make it more similar to maps in poe since its so much superior system. The point is if u are gonna take something from other game make sure u take the best system and then costumize it by your liking. I dont know i might missing something, maybe since u are community tester u know something i dont

and thank u for the loot filter im using it on rogue and gonna try sentinel now

1 Like

That’s what they already did IMO.

It’s basically a mix of rifting (D3) and mapping (PoE)

I don’t want a copy/closer version to PoE maps, since for me it’s not “the superior” system.

EHG is not even finished with their vision of MoF and endgame in general.

And i already really like the mix and inspiration of other games.

Thank you too. Glad i could help you.
If you have any feedback feel free to post it in my Loot Filter Thread.

so far is very good, problem is there are not enough options in loot filter just jet, example if i want to see items that have minimum of 2 affixes that im searching for from 4 affixes i cant make it happen. hoefuly they will update it in this way so there is not so much meaningful loot. as for the monolith i dont know man for me this is mixture of GR and Shatered realm from Grim Dawn it doesnt remind me to maps at all.

Overall I agree with the author on only one point. The MoF has for me need of retouching and as said in my own post more variety. Now nothing insurmountable, for the rest I admit having trouble agreeing, personally I hate the POE community without having ever played the game. Listened to them, their games are the best in everything, and everything the others are crap. Hard to talk in this condition.
I have a lot of criticism about the game and I don’t often agree with heavy as well, but if we often end up understanding this. But to say that the Uniques of the game are not good, it is not true, they are almost all useful at different class and at different time of your leveling, some are very strong at the end of the game and are part of a finished build.

Overall, I am not criticizing POE because I do not know, but its community tires me, we can blame LE and I am the first to do so, but we must not be bad faith either, and be open to dialogue.

i think with proper financial investment this game can be better in a long run and i hope it does bytw i have played poe only for 500 so hours since i dont want to waste my time by playing games so much while im at home so im not like from poe community, i would say more from grim dawn community since i played it 2000 something hours. just to clarify that for me is crucial that game is offline but i couldnt resist anyomor on trying this one

i am 6 months in a year on sea and i played games while im on board as much as i can

After that I know how to be critical on LE, I think that the games have these faults, not that of the good ideas, and the delay on certain thing. So here you are, do not think of hitting a wall that will defend a game against wind and tide and will not see the flaws but quite honestly, from what I have read, we do not criticize the same things in the game.

what do u think this game lacks and what would u change on it u had oportunity to make it as best as possible?

So I’ll try to make it quick and short.

I will distinguish two things, what is missing in my opinion (so normal at the moment but I expect the best)
And where for me they are late (for me Beta or not, at those stage it should already be there)

We’ll start with what I think should already be there. First of all translations and online. Let me explain I am not English, and personally as French the game is “dead” (80% of the French do not buy the game and wait for a translation.) Which causes isolation, and online c is a bit binding, but for me an ARPG is above all a community game, you have fun in a group and you want to do repetitive things if you are not alone, with a community that understands you, voila the link with the translation. Farming loops in diablo is boring if you’re alone, but with active discord of whoever speaks your language, and in-game chat, it’s a lot cooler. MoF is just boring because of it.

what do u think this game lacks and what would u change on it u had oportunity to make it as best as possible?

i understand now that we are not criticizing same thing in game, i understand what u have meant before.