Hitting Lupine Remnant causes white halo (instead of flashing model itself) - Linux version

Screenshot: Steam Community :: Screenshot :: Hitting Lupine Remnant in 0.8.5f causes a circular white halo (due to on hit highlight?) instead of the mob itself flashing

Hitting a Lupine Remnant causes a white halo on death instead of the usual white animation that makes the enemy flash.

Edits:
While reviewing the screen cast frame-by-frame, I’m less certain it’s a bug, it maybe the on-death animation. It feels like a bug cause it’s a flash so fast and bright compared to the background and the size of the wolves. It’s also static, so it might be better to make it look like a white explosion.

Details:
Version: 0.8.5f
Reproducible: all the time
Steam system information: steam-system-information.txt (117.1 KB)
Player.log: Player.log.zip (6.3 KB)
Screencast: Lumpine Remnant hit/on death halo - YouTube

Thanks!

Assuming (based on your previous posts) that this is on the Linux version?

ps. Its important to note this (and include the games debug log - player.log) as there are sometimes things that are specific to the OS platform version of the game.

Ah yes, linux version. My apologies. I would have normally included. I forgot. Noted on the debug log. I’ll put it in next time.

Logs are waaay too big, due to another problem. I will report that one separately.

You can zip them they’ll compress pretty well.

It’s easy to reproduce, I’ll resend a clean log tonight :+1:

1 Like

Added the following info:

While reviewing the screen cast frame-by-frame, I’m less certain it’s a bug, it maybe the on-death animation. It feels like a bug cause it’s a flash so fast and bright compared to the background and the size of the wolves. It’s also static, so it might be better to make it look like a white explosion.

Details:
Version: 0.8.5f
Reproducible: all the time
Steam system information: steam-system-information.txt (117.1 KB)
Player.log: Player.log.zip (6.3 KB)
Screencast: Lumpine Remnant hit/on death halo - YouTube

Thanks for including this extra detail on the issue.

I am wondering if this is something that is already different in the new upcoming version - the devs have indicated that they are reworking all these animations and it may well be that this is already fixed… ? Suppose only the devs can know that for sure right now.

Doesn’t that mob have a white halo normally?

I think it might… not able to check myself right now…

I think this is different to the other white halo bug report the OP made - that one definitely seems odd… Mob type "Headless Dreg" in "The Upper Necropolis" constantly flash as they animate

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.