Help me return to masochism pls

Hi about a year ago or so i would play a lot of masochist mode, im assuming new story has come out since then, since i am no longer capable of creating masochist character, could i get some help in unlocking this again pls- what must i complete?

Welcome to the forum…

what do you mean? Masochist is still an option to select when creating a new character:

Thats odd…

I havent heard of it being locked behind any achievement or anything. Its always been there for me and I have been playing for almost 2 years and I dont have any hardcore or masochist characters…

Are you using the latest version 0.8.5c?
Have you done a game file verification if you are using Steam?
Have you attempted to chose the Hardcore option to see if this then shows up the Masochist alternative?

@Llama8 - Do you have any idea why Masochist mode isnt showing for this person?

Can confirm 0.8.5c, and unfortunately both trying hardcore, and verifying files- did nothing

Lets see what the old Llama knows…

Honestly, I have never even noticed if the Masochist option needed anything… its just always been there for me whenever I made a new char… Maybe it is behind some sort of achievement that I never noticed because I did it early on?

I am assuming that you have completed the whole campaign at least once? and maybe unlocked Empowered Monos (lvl 100 maps) at least once on a char?

I think the first time i had to complete the last boss (lightning water guy), from what i’ve read this time i believe the same is true (the snake boss at end instead)
I have only ever completed a few monoliths zones, 1 or 2 at the end of my previous campaign completion, and 1 or 2 at the end of this campaign completion

big negative on lvl 100 monos- char reached 68 and did 1 or 2 monos before i started playing masochist mode, and since having this issue i pushed to 70 and through the new quests then 1 or 2 monos

Dunno if important, but i can still play masochist characters, just not create them

Did you uninstall LE after stopping a year or so ago? The only reason I can think of is that you’d uninstalled back then & then reinstalled recently. From memory I think Masochist mode requires you to have completed the campaign once? If the game has no prior data to show that you’d done that then that could be why you can’t start it.

So i never uninstalled but i am on a fresh pc now- i installed the game while i was lvl 68 or so, did the new quests and killed the ladysnake all on this pc, ty for any attempts ^^

Yeah, if you’re on a fresh pc then I’d expect that’s why you couldn’t just start a new character in Masochist.

You think the fix would be just to start a new character and do the entire campaign again then? Despite the fact I killed snake lady on this PC :frowning:

Any helpers? qq

I have posted a question on the ask the devs section of the Discord server… When they respond I will reply here…

LE Discord

One of the devs just replied with this:

Mike W*:* Should be just beat the campaign once. It might be linked to killing Lagon still.

Tyvm
Then i guess i just hope i can go rekill lagon doesnt sound hopeful but ill take it-
My next question then:
can i kill him a second time on an already campaign-completed character?

Yes… I think you can… obviously the quest will already be done so that will not update but you should be able to kill lagon again…

Update to the message posted by Mike W…

Mike W*:*

Should be just beat the campaign once. It might be linked to killing Lagon still. Some old accounts could be missing the flag as where it was saved moved a little while ago. They might have had the old flag to make the characters but haven’t activated the new flag yet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.