Hammerdin Paladin 0.8.2F Updated and Even Better! ( S Tier )

update

Build planner is now attached (0.8.2G)

Hi @boardman21 thanks for this awesome build. It looks superfun to play (and make me nostalgic of Diablo 2 days). I am currently leveling a Paladin with your 1-75 shield throw guide. At what point do you recommend to swap from that build, to this one? My current gear is this:
LE gear planner

Thanks for all of your contribution to this community and game. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Switch whem you have at least one idol that has smite chance to cast on throwimg attack

1 Like

Hey! Loving the build so far, even without the idols. I can’t seem to find this, but is there a minimum required level to get the smite chance-affix on the idols?

Im sure there is a minimum level, not sure what it is but it isnt very high. I would guess 40 at the very highest.

1 Like

Thanks for the guide it’s quite an enjoyable build. The build planner you linked, you took the 8 points from Weapons Master in Forge Guard and moved them to Future Strike in the Void Knight tree. Is the damage from Future Strike more than weapons master?

Welcome to the community!

The damage from future strikes sucks, but thats not why we switched it.

Future strikes when applied take the tags of the skill that applied, in this case a “throwing” attack hammer throw. This means future strikes count as a throwing attack and can proc smite, so you get twice as many smites and thats the good damage.

1 Like

Oh that’s better than I was thinking. I thought maybe it stacked each time a hammer hit but that makes it better. Thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

It does that too, and every Smite (and the lightning from Smite if he took that node) hit as well, but since he’s not scaling void damage all it’ll do is 50 void damage per application (modified by any generic damage nodes on the applying skill tree/passives & 4% per point of str).

Can anyone help me if there is a targeted farm method for the green set relic ?? or you just have to sacrifice a goat and than maybe it will drop.\

BTW Boardman you are one of the reasons i am enjoying this game so much!!!

Welcome to the community!

The shattered relic drops at 15% chance from argentis level 60 timeline. Just keep killing him

Encore encore!

Same question for me as well! anyway to target farm or gamble the set items!

They both drop from argentis the level 60 timeline boss (3rd quest)

Sword at 85% chance
Relic at 15% chance

You can not gamble these set items.

Welcome to the comunity!

No you cannot gamble them.
If Artemis said he has them in stock hes lying and just running a pawn scheme. Be weary traveler

man, thanks!

It may be rng, but for me I found 5 of the smite on hit idols when levelling in campaign, but so far doing endgame (60 through 85) none have dropped. I wanted to get better ones than I have already and was thinking about farming some of the campaign zones maybe. Am I crazy? :slight_smile:

Edit: Meant this to reply to Arkafold, my bad

is the loot filter outdated I have not seen any 1h weapons drops at all for last 2 days :grinning:

I think I had the old loot filter up seems to work now :grinning:

I’m curious about the Decree of Flame node on sigils. Is that +flat fire damage being fire->lightning->void converted to synergize with Smite? Not seeing any other sources of fire damage unless I missed something.

We are not converting overall damage to Void, only smite damage. So as the spell tag(s) says:

Void, Spell, Attunement is what increases the damage (and nodes that directly affect Smite in the tree of course)