Gender locked classes

For some people it’s a deal breaker, yes, for others no.

Your compassion makes me feel all warm & fluffy, thank you for contributing to the human race.

I’d rather prefer they spend their yet limited resources on smth more significant and valuable for the gameplay. Like more endgame content , new mastery and skills , bazaar etc.

8 Likes

Just now getting around to the forums for feedback, and this was a thread I appreciate seeing, and I appreciate how the game developers/community managers have handled it.

My thoughts:

• Super sad to hear about the non-binary Rogue we almost got. That would have been amazing!
  • Similar thoughts about the Sentinel, even though I prefer playing male paladin-types.
  • I’m happy you’re open to more genders in the future, and I highly encourage it!

How would you do that outside of the use of pronouns when I’m not sure I can think of an instance of the player character using anything other than “I”? Though to be fair, I’ve never really checked.

1 Like

They could add it as part of the official lore, or in the background video, use “they” instead of “he” or “she”.

I don’t think it has to be an in your face thing at all, but just having a small acknowledgment would be interesting.

Yeah, that’s kinda how I assumed it would be done, I’m just not sure how it could happen naturally/organically without being a bit convoluted. But I’m not a writer…

Ya I was very bummed and hope they allow this by 1.0

I couldn’t care less about what gender my characters are and I sincerely hope the devs don’t allocate precious resources to look into this instead of other priorities.

6 Likes

Adding genders doesn’t hurt you at all but some people suffer gender dysphoria or simply don’t like playing male characters all the time. I want to play a brawly female barbarian. It just adds immersion for some players.

1 Like

It won’t happen by 1.0, but they do want to implement it.

It does in that it uses resources that they could use to do something others would feel is more important.

3 Likes

@Tybar : "
Super sad to hear about the non-binary Rogue we almost got. That would have been amazing!"

No offense, Tybar, and i do understand your personal disencouragement about the topic - but: PLAYING a character in a GAME is, by all means, still a PLAY…!
Imo, it doesn’t matter a single bit, if the selected char is male, female or “nonbinary” - and the last one would, cosmetically, be just to a mix of other two…

Dress up how you like - i think, 99% of all folks (me included) will gladly let you do your thing) but being “super sad” about a GAME not having “non-binary” -characters (a game IS binary code after all) is something, that won’t affect the vast majority of folks out there.

And, to take this discussion to a scientific level - biology still hasn’t (and i’m sure: will not in the next years) find a third sex next to “male” and “female”…

So - let’s all be happy with the game as it is - and i’m sure, it wil deveolp great.

Me, for my part, i am a male, i do have played male chars in RPGs most of the time - but right now, i’m enjoying a FEMALE rogue in LE - and it is a GREAT joy.

SO - thanks to EHGames and the LE-team fora great game - and “Have fun” to all of your out there!

2 Likes

Yeah - or the could (and should, imo), stay with she/her and he/him, as that covers 99.x% of the world’s population in real life - which is, well, almost everybody.

3 Likes

It does to some people, just not to you (which is fine).

But some societies do/have had the concept of a third gender (how and why I have no idea, but there we go).

1 Like

i agree with the original post, i hate being forced to play a female character
in order to use a particular skillset.

3 Likes

I also agree with the OP. I generally avoid games with gender locked classes such as PoE. I dislike being forced to play a male character. Since I only enjoy playing female classes I will only play two of the five classes in the game (which is really sad). Why not give us a choice?

3 Likes

Do external signs determine gender in the world now?

1 Like

107 people upvoted this forum entry and thus seem eager to be able to play every class as every gender (whatever that meens nowadays), while only a handful of people upvotet forum posts concerning a better endgame, a better balanced crafting system, the availability of runes of shattering, unique and set items and so on, which ALL would significantly IMPROVE the whole gameplay…?

Okay, 107 people seem to just be fine with "I don’t care about the game’s experience, as long as my necro can be m/f/div/a daisy or whatever…?!

Honestly, i don’t get it - but according to a previous poster: “must be boomer-issue”… as I prefer quality over personal feelings and maudlin.

I for my part am quite happy that EHG stated, that, befor consodering other gender-options, the focus should be and would be getting the other major issues and features straight - so: thx EHG for offering a greta game that sure is fun to play - no matter, what gender my char is!

4 Likes

Fair enough. I understand the problem. It would - however - be interesting to know how many players skip the game just because of this (or drop out when they have tested the classes available for their gender). But I guess you have figured that out and decided it is not worth the money.

Probably the same number as those who “ask for the manager”…

3 Likes