GeForce Now has crashed. When i get back, my character was gone

I’ve been doing a quest echo of a 80 lvl area. GFN stopped working due to not being able to connect to servers (my internet was fine). I couldn’t log in to GFN for a couple minutes. When i get back in, my character was gone.

Hey…

I dont use Geforce Now but as I understand it, it relies on the cloud save of the game service that you are using - in this instance I assume its steam cloud saves… - to store savegames…

If when you disconnected (whatever the cause), the instance of Steam on Geforce Now proably also crashed or did not close properly (or the instance of LE didnt close properly even crashed), then it probably did not update your latest LE savegame to the Steam Cloud - or worse yet, the savegame was corrupted… In failing next time you logged on, there is no character…

I am not sure how to deal with this possiblity going forward… Perhaps installing the game locally and getting steam to download the cloud saves MAY help give you a backup on your local machine even if you never play locally… I.e. you just have it installed locally so that you can have a copy of your cloud saves somewhere… Maybe Steam even offers a feature to allow you to download/update your cloud backups manually?

Thanks for the advices but i don’t think there is a way to bring the character back lol. It’s all fine i just started playing and wanted to try other builds anyways. Min maxing is kinda easier in this game.

Glad you are ok with it…

I would still try and find some kind of solution for this problem… As you are a paying Geforce Now customer? maybe you can drop them a note asking how to resolve issues when Steam cloud doesnt update correctly… Maybe they have some sort of backup process in place on their side? Or maybe they can recommend a way to backup your chars so that if something like this happens again you are protected?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.