Gathering Storm and Tempest Strike Rework | Coming to Last Epoch, Feb 21st

very nice

I only wish there was a new synergy with Maelstrom and Tempest strike (same as it is with Tornado)

This looks sweet. Now Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m going to play at launch lol.

Wow a nice buff to all the lightning in the Primalist trees. Assuming this includes Shaman passives, Fury Leap, Maelstrom, Tornado, Werebear and Earthquake and of course give a use for Storm breaker Mace.

hmmmm. I donā€™t recall saying there wasnā€™t.

2 Likes

uh And what about Spriggan form the point in bottom right " Spiked Totem " please ?

I didnt noticed a respond about that, but that mean explode totem in spriggan form are dead :upside_down_face: ?

Thatā€™s Thorn Totem, not Ice Thorns. Thorn Totem will still be here.

1 Like

Everything here looks nice! But is there something planned for pure Spriggan form? Ice thorns offered great def (~5% dr via armor), especially for hc. And when playing a pure spriggan form totem build you barely had options for specializations, unless im missing something, its either ice thorns or storm totem once you get the lagon relic :confused:

2 Likes

Maelstrom node Power of the Storm summons Lightning . Will it now call Storm Bolts from Gathering Storm skill tree?

Amazing changes! For the first time iā€™m considering playing shaman!
I Am really happy with the bolt conversion to staff :smiley:

But will Tempest Strike scale with attack speed now? That was the main issue with this skill.

Yes it will.

(same answer for Masterlink723)

1 Like

I honestly dont know what you are doing with cold attacks, combat feel and animations in general (cikd attacks only) , they dont feel or look at all like cold attacks, forzen enemies do not look or feel like they are frozen and they death animations as well. Unlike other elements which do feel good. Is there a chance you are gonna improve this?

These changes are awesome. Canā€™t wait!

Non-spriggan totems viable? LeLOGIN

1 Like

Hi Kain, awesome job so far with the game hyped for 1.0!
Wanted to clarify with a question - is there an alternative skill now for some synergy with Spriggan form? If you are using it permanately Ice Thorns was the 5th skill lets say that could be triggered (using thorn barrier passively). With gathering storm replacing it, does that mean that it will also have some kind of synergy with spriggan? Otherwise I see no skill to spec into as a 5th for Spriggan Totems for example. Thanks and good luck with launch!

1 Like

This Valentineā€™s day, I fell in love with my favorite class again. Thank you.

Looking forward to the minion nodes and another option rather then swipe for minions is welcome :slight_smile: Storm-crow back on the menu maybe now but what Iā€™m really looking forward to is too see the beastmaster companion changes if any and how they might tie in. Squirrels are fine but i want THE ZOO!!!

Is it though ?
I had been told subskills benefited from the skill tree they were proc by, while other triggered skills did not. For example, Lightning benefited from the ā€œrampage deals more damageā€ or ā€œrampageā€™s base crit chanceā€ nodes; Storm Bolt wonā€™t, unless Iā€™m mistaken.
So we might lose just as much as what we get.

Still, eager to test the changes !

This is true.

It should since Storm Bolt isnā€™t a skill that goes on your skill bar.

Not sure what you meant by ā€œbudskillsā€.

1 Like