Gathering Storm and Tempest Strike Rework | Coming to Last Epoch, Feb 21st

Looks great!
One question though… skills that had synergistic traits with ice thorns, such as the summon Grizzly, when changed to a caster… how do we scale that now? There were a few synergies with the old, but now removed spells. Have these changes been accounted for? Just curious :slight_smile:

What do those talents now work with? :slight_smile:

Cheers.

I’m very happy to see the dual-wielding using both weapons in their attacks. This is great, thanks for the update!

1 Like

skill tree or riot:D

1 Like

It does not - The totem node - “Looming Gale” replaces the ‘strike’ with a tempest totem. Removing a tempest does not remove the strike from the combo.

3 Likes

Hype :zap:

We’ve been planning the removal of Ice Thorns for a while - I believe we have already previously changed skill references, such as Primal Bear away from Ice Thorns? For instance, the Primal Bear has a subskill “Briar Thorns” instead of casting Ice Thorns. For affixes, they’re being replaced with Gathering Storm affixes.

1 Like

skills look awesome. So we can use Storm Totem together with the new Tempest strike totem?

Yes, they have separate totem count limits. Tempest Strike can have one of each Tempest, and Storm Totem can of course have its one totem.

1 Like

very nice

I only wish there was a new synergy with Maelstrom and Tempest strike (same as it is with Tornado)

This looks sweet. Now I’m not sure what I’m going to play at launch lol.

Wow a nice buff to all the lightning in the Primalist trees. Assuming this includes Shaman passives, Fury Leap, Maelstrom, Tornado, Werebear and Earthquake and of course give a use for Storm breaker Mace.

hmmmm. I don’t recall saying there wasn’t.

2 Likes

uh And what about Spriggan form the point in bottom right " Spiked Totem " please ?

I didnt noticed a respond about that, but that mean explode totem in spriggan form are dead :upside_down_face: ?

That’s Thorn Totem, not Ice Thorns. Thorn Totem will still be here.

1 Like

Everything here looks nice! But is there something planned for pure Spriggan form? Ice thorns offered great def (~5% dr via armor), especially for hc. And when playing a pure spriggan form totem build you barely had options for specializations, unless im missing something, its either ice thorns or storm totem once you get the lagon relic :confused:

2 Likes

Maelstrom node Power of the Storm summons Lightning . Will it now call Storm Bolts from Gathering Storm skill tree?

Amazing changes! For the first time i’m considering playing shaman!
I Am really happy with the bolt conversion to staff :smiley:

But will Tempest Strike scale with attack speed now? That was the main issue with this skill.

Yes it will.

(same answer for Masterlink723)

1 Like